Jump to content

vSyNd

Seasoned Defender
  • Content Count

    297
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Everything posted by vSyNd

  1. He asked for Video proof, or some screen shots. Saying you've done it counts for nothing. :) None the less, cool, cool. We took a different route. ez pz.
  2. There is a bug (getting patched Thursday 10/29/2015) where goblins on NM4 Incursion Gates of Dragonfall have 1m-1.4m hp each, and about 100 of them spawn each wave. In a different forum post the challenge was brought up to beat this map (while bugged), so we did just that. The original challenge post by Trendybrad can be found here on page 4. https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/127626/no-nightmare-4-difficulty-for-new-maps?page=4 And the video of us beating it. http://www.twitch.tv/vsynd1c4t3/v/22811020 Thanks everyone that was there watching live! :) If you want to see more challenges like this beaten live, follow me at... http://www.twitch.tv/vsynd1c4t3 Also thanks to Toxiccaterpillar for carrying me through hard times. :P
  3. TrendyBrad It was a good challenge, but we beat it. Full playthrough link coming soon. :) -le Full Video http://www.twitch.tv/vsynd1c4t3/v/22811020
  4. Challenge accepted. Come check my stream out, we'll try to beat it.
  5. PATCH DAY HYPE! ... Well at least for the casuals. As a player that use to play 50+ hours a week and would love to continue playing this game and getting new content to enjoy, I feel let down, beaten, and insulted. The Good 2 new maps - LOVE THEM! omg, these maps are beautiful, the art team never fails, and the maps couldn't look any better. The drop chance seems right with there being a boss mob every wave, sometimes 2-3 bosses a wave making the loot drop chance here feel like the best in the game. 8 new Challenges - This is great, Challenges for players gives them something to do other than the normal "Gotta do my daily today". 4 new DPS weapons - Awesome, and they look amazing. Auto-Collect Filters - Nice, nice. Glad to see the bags are still being worked on and improved. Tavern Decorations - Art team = Success Dark Arts Apprentice - Success, beautiful skin. The Bad 2 new maps - The lanes are kinda bland, nothing new/unique really offered or shown with this level design. Also, I didn't get even 1 legendary from the maps. (only played each 1 time.) But after killing 9+ minibosses/bosses per map I felt owed a legendary or 2. 8 new Challenges - The Challenges while nice, are easy, and not too Challenging. 4 new DPS weapons - Drop rate... and with them only being iPWR 550, I don't see them being anywhere near as good as the current NM4 content. Trick or Treats - To me the Tricks feel more rewarding than the Treats. Trick - You get to fight a new boss, and still get loot from the boss. It's probably the same roll chance as the Treat, but you get the added benefit of fighting a new mob, which is fun and rewarding... like a Treat. Difficulty - I saved the worst for last. This is the biggest fail I've seen in a while. New event, but it's not suited for NM4 Players... No words. ---------------------------- I feel bad, I just want Trendy to succeed and make right decisions, but... they aren't.
  6. Whoever made this decision should be fired. "NEW CONTENT COME PLAY IT!, oh you are on NM4? sorry this event isn't for you. You've played 500+ hours and have full NM4 gear and were ready for a new event challenge? Sorry, we are targeting a certain audience, and you (the 50+ hours a week player) are not it."
  7. Goes off of Apprentice that put down the Frosty Tower's Defense Power.
  8. I couldn't agree more. I'm sure many people are confused on where to go after Campaign and reaching level 50. There are just so many useless options (unfortunately) when looking at the Wartable. I have an idea of how I'd like the route to be changed, but just an idea doesn't mean it will get put into the game, so I'm just sittin on it.
  9. I'm not going to get into this with you. Just know I've done the math, and I have included the factors.
  10. I totally agree, balancing this game shouldn't be as hard as they are making it. And with DD1 experience under their belt, they shouldn't be having this many issues.
  11. They plan on doing a full gear wipe/reroll at full release. (my guess) ----------------------------------------------------- Also, to the OP. [[118966,users]] Some people have 500+ hours playing this game. I myself have that many hours, and have gone through many types of "meta" builds. Currently it's traps and DPS App/Huntress. How do we figure out what the best build is? Simple. DU Cost > DPS = Don't Use DU Cost < DPS = Always Use DU Cost = DPS = Maybe Use 2 Elemental Chaos or Explosive Traps cost 40 DU (2x 20 DU each) FlameBurst Tower cost 40 DU So if 1 Elemental Chaos is doing 2k dps and 1 Flameburst is only doing 3k dps, which is better? The Elemental Chaos. Why? Find the common denominator. 40 DU = 2x Elemental Chaos = 4k DPS vs 40 DU = 1x Flameburst = 3k DPS. And DU cost of Frosty Power also comes into play, but I wont go into it, cause this post isn't worth that much effort. /Mathed
  12. Feel free to pass this guide along, post it wherever you need, post it as your own guide, or cite it if you want. Just get the information out there to help the newer players get to the end game. Also, have fun!
  13. To unlock the different chests styles you have to play as the apprentice and "level up" your costume. This adds another dynamic to the costume system for players wanting to show off they didn't only buy a costume, but they also wrecked content while wearing the costume.
  14. If you COULD go from NM3 to NM4 in 15-25 hours of gameplay, then the devs would have done something wrong. This is suppose to be hard, you need a well balanced well geared w/passives team. If any casual could go in and beat all the content in the game within 50 hours of gameplay, there wouldn't be much of a game. Advice? Do your daily loot bonuses, get Mythical or Higher gear w/Builds, and try NM4 again. You shouldn't beat NM4 with NM3 Greens and Blues.
  15. Yes, having 4 different characters means more tower types. More tower types = more options when it comes to defending lanes. 1. EVERYONE needs a Waller Squire. the other 3 are just up to you, but just remember you need Physical AND Magical damage with your towers. And if you want a DPS hero, you are going to need a slot for it as well.
  16. No problem, yea it can be quite overwhelming. Even though I listed some things as "Skipped Content", doesn't mean you shouldn't try it out if you want to for fun btw. Main point is to have fun, just know... "If you want to have a nice route on what to do, this guide is here for you." -vSyNd
  17. To clarify, I think he means solo only. With friends or a group who knows how to build and has the right NM4 gear and passives, NM4 Incursion Gates is fairly easily beatable. All NM4 Incursion levels drop the same ipwr items (675+). Right now, I am finishing up all 4 of my heroes equipment this way. I would say it's worth it the rewards to get your gear beyond ipwr 700, but only if you meet the prerequisites listed above. Thanks for the info, I completely agree, I updated main post with this information.
  18. Hello everyone, I wanted to make a short/simplified Playthrough Route Guide. This will guide you through what content you should/shouldn't be playing, and why. Everything stated here is my opinion, and therefore should not be taken as "The Know All Guide". -le Route Campaign Normal - 10-55 iPWR FreePlay Hard - 100-165 iPWR EndGame Insane - 155-240 iPWR NM1 - 245-350 iPWR NM2 - 355-475 iPWR NM3 - 485-600 iPWR NM4 - 605-700 iPWR EndGame Incursion NM4 - 655-700 iPWR -------------------------------------------------------------- Playthrough Route Details Campaign Normal - Tutorial EZ Mode This is pretty straight forward, just play through the campaign and beat the content, by the end of it you should be about level 20-23. FreePlay Hard - Leveling - Scroll Down for Map Details After beating campaign move on to FreePlay Hard, play this mode till you reach level 50. Create a second charcter and get it to level 50 on FreePlay Hard. Create a third character and get it to level 50 on FreePlay Hard. Create a fourth and final character and get it to level 50 on FreePlay Hard. EndGame Insane - Gearing Up - Scroll Down for Map Details Gear up here, then move on to NM1. EndGame NM1 - Gearing Up Gear up here, then move on to NM2. EndGame NM2 - Gearing Up Gear up here, and then move on to NM3. EndGame NM3 - Gearing Up This is where you want to really focus on you passives and build to prepare for NM4. EndGame NM4 - Gearing Up You've made it, celebrate, and prepare to really fine tune your gear for NM4 Incursions. EndGame Incursion NM4 Farm here to get the best/final gear in the game. Leveling Map Details - Play 5 different maps to get the Daily XP Bonus. Yes, there are optimal choices, but I say just have fun with it. (Higher iPWR = more XP, but don't play Betsy.) After beating the 5 different maps to complete the Daily XP Bonus, farm the highest iPWR map you can beat in a timely manner. (DON'T DO BETSY!) Gearing Up Map Details - Play 5 different maps to get the Daily Loot Bonus. You should always beat the 5 highest iPWR maps you can beat (QUIT TRYING TO PLAY BETSY!), if you can't beat it, don't play it. You need/want that Daily Loot Bonus! Recommendations, but probably not the best. 1. Gates of Dragonfall 2. Dragonfall Bazaar 3. Forest Crossroads 4. Liferoot Forest 5. (Highest iPWR beatable map.) After beating the 5 different maps to complete the Daily Loot Bonus, farm the highest iPWR map you can beat a few waves on (loot will drop after wave 2, so you want to try and beat wave 2 ogre and mobs). If you are trying to make the jump into the next Difficulty, then try Liferoot Forest on the next difficulty, it's the easiest map in the game. ------------------------------------------------------------------ Skipped Content Details Incursion Hard Only play this for Monthly/Daily, playing EndGame Insane will reep better iPWR gear than this. Onlsaught Normal/Hard Only play this for GoldenEggs, playing FreePlay Hard (XP) or Endgame Insane (Loot) will reep better XP and iPWR gear than this. Also this does not benifit from Dialy Bonus XP/Loot. EndGame Normal/Hard This content should never be played, lower xp and lower iPWR gear than FreePlay Hard. EndGame Incursion This content is too difficult for its rewards. Aside from when you reach NM4 and need better NM4 gear, then you can farm this if you can beat it to get better NM4 gear. BUT ONLY NM4! (I SWEAR IF YOU TRY TO BETSY I'LL COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND KICK YOUR DOG!) EndGame Onslaught Only play this if you are wanting GoldEggs, playing Endgame (Difficulty) will reep better iPWR gear. Also this does not benifit from Daily Bonus Loot. --------------------------------------------------------------- Here is the spreadsheet version of the guide. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wF67XRwmQO0SncISsVJnSL2Bm8b3b6cjCa6KxHpOopY/edit?usp=sharing --------------------------------------------------------------- Follow me at Twitch.tv/vSyNd1c4t3
  19. "Needless to say... Until screenshot/video proof. You aren't breaking steady 250k dps, and if you do, expect it to get hot fixed in a week." - vSyNd
  20. Yea, I'm just that kind of person. I like screenshots/video proof. Oh, and derp, yea I'd need an elemental damage type to replicate what you're talking about. --------------- So your theory is based on 100% crit chance? -.- OH THE CLICK BAIT. Try to have a serious thread on here for once, and we can't. :D Currently I think max crit chance is 45%. BUT... 100% crit chance... Physical + Crit Damage Elemental + Crit Damage 4xs x 9 = Minimum of.... (Guessing here)... 10000 damage per hit. 10000 x 9 = 90000 90000 x 4/s = 360000 dps and for giggles... let's make it 15000 damage per hit. 15000 x 9 = 135000 135000 x 4/s = 540000 dps ------------------- needless to say... Until screenshot/video proof. You aren't breaking steady 250k dps, and if you do, expect it to get hot fixed in a week. Thanks BTW for OP understanding where I'm coming from, but don't get the little kids hopes and dreams up of an op Huntress or Apprentice. :P
  21. Traps and Auras are the best thing in the game atm, due to Frosty Tower buff. Traps are better than Auras though, because you can do both types of damage with 1 character. PDT is really strong single target magic damage. Blaze Balloon takes too long to farm to make a build to progress with. Time =/= Reward
  22. Well... because you aren't using a CHD (I call it CHD because of a previous game I played - now aware it's HCD) build! You're losing out on a huge deal of damage because you're focused purely on hero damage. Your hero damage is getting divided too harshly by the projectile count. You've calculated average damage vs. maximum potential damage as well, which means you aren't on the correct page of debate when I've already given you the thumbs up that you have the right idea about average damage on a build like this. In fact your post's calculations just reaffirmed the 1/3rd of maximum potential damage in my last post. Your maximum potential DPS from CHD alone is 396'000. Will you ever actually reach that? Probably the same likelihood as winning the lottery. Also note that your personal DPS would be notably higher in-game, where your headshots might actually have some scaling because of your individual pellet damage in a 4x9 bow with that much hero damage. DPS tests while convenient in the tavern are very misrepresentative since dummies cannot be headshotted, and we typically headshot extremely frequently. Your lack of AP means you have no use for Stickynades either, though I'm guessing with that build you're preferencing hero damage scaling with pet and really like the stun on Concussive Shot. Even then, I'm betting pet damage is significantly less damage than Stickynades at your gear quality, plus the lack of Piercing Shot is disconcerting in a good build for Huntress. Ultimately you're using your own version of a hero damage build with some crits and trying to compare it to a pure CHD build. But the reality is that your build cannot reach the same strength, simply because you're restricted by hero damage division + some luck whereas CHD is only restricted by luck. Respect for trying something different though. Innovation is good. Edit: What's doing 54'825 damage in your first picture of steady damage no pet damage? Even with critical hits the damage proc would be roughly 6'500 on a pellet. Charged Primary Sphere, pointed out on next page. The build IS a Hero Crit Damage build. I am missing probably 1000 Hero Crit Damage from gear (Weapon + Ring + Upgrades), and I'm missing 450 from pet. I doubt another 1500 Hero Crit Damage is going to take my character from 200k dps to 650k dps. Every piece of gear I have is Hero Damage/Hero Crit Damage w/Hero Crit Chance in the passives. All of it is NM4 gear and most of it Legendary. Just an FYI, Hero Crit Damage is an additive number, not multiplicative. So that 5,500 I have there is Base Hit + 5,500 when I crit. Pretty much... I'll believe 650k dps when I see it, not theory craft it.
  23. -snip- ...You do know the differences between white numbers and purple numbers, right? I double checked after reading this... hmm yea i guess they crit. But I'll do the math on it for ya real quick. my 120k dps falcon bow w/out elemental damage + 450 elemental damage at 4/s x 9 + 32% crit chance = 450 x 6 = 2700 (68% non-crit chance damage) 450 + 5,500 x 3 = 17850 (32% crit chance damage) 17850 + 2700 = 20550 (combined damage) 20550 x 4/s = 82200 DPS Elemental damage (multiplied by shots per second) 82200 Elemental damage + my 120k dps falcon bow = 202200 dps. (add on the physical damage.) like i said... around 200k dps, no where near 600k. Probably could get up to 250k after upgrades and perfect roll gear. steady dps without pet burst dps with pet stats
  24. I doubt you can get 650k DPS. I don't think the elemental damage can crit. So a falcon bow at 4/s x9 is 400 elemental damage is 14k dps. Just the elemental. With a non elemental Falcon bow I can get 120k dps. So add that elemental damage and I could get 134k dps. With PERFECT roll NM4 gear I think 180k dps is possible. Nothing more.
×
×
  • Create New...