Sign in to follow this  
Deleth

DPS Chars - isn't about anyone superior to a Huntress by now?

I remember a long time ago the huntress was already pretty lacking with the Barbarian and Monk vastly outdoing her. Now with the addition of the jester even those seem to be vastly better than the huntress is.

The huntress offers lackluster support at best, she's damage wise outdone by quite a few classes, her special abilities are close to useless (piercing shot cool down pretty much ruined it and invisibility is ignored by the most dangerous enemies whom you have to look out anyway), she's squishy compared to a barbarian or monk and in general doesn't seem to offer anything worthwhile whatsoever.

This becomes even more apparent in assault such as the lab assault. Her range is reduced to melee, one of her special abilities is completly deactivated (invisiblity), she still has a way lower hp pool than the others and she gets nothing to make up for that.

Aside from a traptress, is there any kind of reason to even have a huntress nowadays?

Temple of love and CD. Even though I dont use huntress myself during Oldone its prob the easiest way to do it.

I remember a long time ago the huntress was already pretty lacking with the Barbarian and Monk vastly outdoing her. Now with the addition of the jester even those seem to be vastly better than the huntress is.

The huntress offers lackluster support at best, she's damage wise outdone by quite a few classes, her special abilities are close to useless (piercing shot cool down pretty much ruined it and invisibility is ignored by the most dangerous enemies whom you have to look out anyway), she's squishy compared to a barbarian or monk and in general doesn't seem to offer anything worthwhile whatsoever.

This becomes even more apparent in assault such as the lab assault. Her range is reduced to melee, one of her special abilities is completly deactivated (invisiblity), she still has a way lower hp pool than the others and she gets nothing to make up for that.

Aside from a traptress, is there any kind of reason to even have a huntress nowadays?

lol shes hot?

She's not any age; she's a mass of polygons. I agree that hearing someone call a videogame character "hot" can seem creepy much of the time, regardless of the character's supposed age, but there's no reason to take offense to it.

There was a discussion about this last year, actually - long before the recent Kotaku controversy. In last year's thread, I mentioned how they don't state the age of any DunDef characters in their character profiles (nor anywhere else in-game or out.) They are merely the kids of the legendary heroes. Most likely in their mid to late teens, but again this is never stated. This ambiguity is very much intentional, to prevent people taking offense.

Most games released in the US will refuse to assign ages to young female characters that show any hint of sexuality. Or if they do assign one, they will very often make them exactly 18 for obvious reasons. Lollipop Chainsaw is a good example. The game was being released worldwide from launch, and so the developers made her 18. Young enough to play into the fetish aspect of the game, old enough not to stir controversy.

Yet, whatever age they assigned Juliet in Lollipop Chainsaw would have been arbitrary. Again, because she is a mass of polygons. Ones that resemble someone who could realistically be any age from 15-35 if they felt like saying so. Thankfully they didn't make the mistake of an older (and very famous) Japanese series: Dead or Alive...

The two main female characters in DOA (Kasumi/Ayane) wear skimpy outfits and are unnaturally curvy for their frame. The devs could have said they were anywhere in the aforementioned age spectrum. The Japanese/original release said on their in-game profiles, however, that they were 17 and 16. This, because a good chunk of the JP fanbase for the game has a lolita fetish.

When the game shipped to America, their ages were changed to say "??" instead of "16" or "17" on their in-game bios. Any character aged at/above 18, of course, still displays the actual numbers. When future titles came out, they even censored the age of the one male character that was under 18 (Leo.) Even though he wears completely covering clothes and is in no way sexualized. Just out of paranoia, haha.

I thought the huntress had a buff to damage a little while ago...

The invisibility can be very useful - tho like you say ninja still come for you, tho can make it easy to up stuff if the mobs are really crowding on an early setup...

If she doesn't want to be sexualised she shouldn't wiggle that *** the way she does!!!

I wish they boost the huntress health cause I see other new characters with like less points on their health but still have more health than my huntress.

I wish they boost the huntress health cause I see other new characters with like less points on their health but still have more health than my huntress.

This is why the Huntress has invisibility ;)

She's like 12 or 13.

no she's not or the seductive drawings trendy released of her would be child pon + shes not human she could be 100

no she's not or the seductive drawings trendy released of her would be child pon + shes not human she could be 100
Yah, like Legolos, he's old, just looks young.

I like her Invisible ability. Put a gas down, a darkness short towards too and stay at mid of the gas. AFK super hero if seahorse (or mega) equipped. To be honest it doesn't make a huge different which dps hero you use if you reached certain stats.

That's going a bit offtopic but I also play with Squire more than with my Barb. I personally think that the Barb is overrated. Well Hawk Stance is awesome, but did you tried a Squires Rage with Mega/Seahorse bossted by a Cat and Monks Hero Boost? I assume with a Mega his dps is much higher than Barb ones. :)

I thought the huntress had a buff to damage a little while ago...

Damage is still far inferior.

This is why the Huntress has invisibility ;)

Invisiblity is ignored by the only mobs who actively come after you and pose a threat. It is also deactivated in assault, alongside her range. Basically in Assault all her positive abilities are gone without anything to make up for making her even worse than in normal play.

I like her Invisible ability. Put a gas down, a darkness short towards too and stay at mid of the gas. AFK super hero if seahorse (or mega) equipped. To be honest it doesn't make a huge different which dps hero you use if you reached certain stats.

That's going a bit offtopic but I also play with Squire more than with my Barb. I personally think that the Barb is overrated. Well Hawk Stance is awesome, but did you tried a Squires Rage with Mega/Seahorse bossted by a Cat and Monks Hero Boost? I assume with a Mega his dps is much higher than Barb ones. :)

I'm only in the 5k range currently, so my stats are fairly low. Still the Barb and Jester vastly outperform the huntress while having better survivability and other abilities. And wasting all those defense units just to give her a position where she can actually work doesn't seem like a great idea too me.

That being said, in assault her range is gone, her invisiblity is gone, traps are out of question and pets don't work either.

As it is for huntress she doesn't seem too be too great at anything anymore really but with that being said their is still around a handful of maps that she is 100% useful on and used for The Old One fight for example,Ec uses huntress for it MadeInLondon uses Huntress. A lot of people still like the class very much but as for usefulness compared to others she has gotten very weak in a way But still a great choice!!:)

Damage is still far inferior.

Invisiblity is ignored by the only mobs who actively come after you and pose a threat. It is also deactivated in assault, alongside her range. Basically in Assault all her positive abilities are gone without anything to make up for making her even worse than in normal play.

I'm only in the 5k range currently, so my stats are fairly low. Still the Barb and Jester vastly outperform the huntress while having better survivability and other abilities. And wasting all those defense units just to give her a position where she can actually work doesn't seem like a great idea too me.

That being said, in assault her range is gone, her invisiblity is gone, traps are out of question and pets don't work either.

oh right, good to know.

But in this situation you can concentrate you fire on them - still not ideal i acknowledge. And if dont want to do without reflects on CD I find huntress a good alt if u dont need the monk boost.

Well usually I don't use all DUs so I don't have issues to spend 6 DUs for a gas and darkness trap. On the other hand I don't need to spend DUs for towers to protect the side of the crystal where she stays. It's like a Monk with his Drain Aura (and probably ensnare) and a powerful pet equipped.

I reach barely 5k stats for mah DPS huntress, if she hits 4.5k then I would be surprised :) However, I still think Huntress is a powerful and useful class. The thing is people are always hunting the high scores meanwhile 3k stats would be more than enough :) I'm also using huntress on assault lab nm :)

That's just my opinion and my experience I did with Huntress. Don't feel offended if I don't share your opinion :)

I'm only in the 5k range currently, so my stats are fairly low.

These two things do not go together. (*_*)

5K stats are not the highest possible stats you can obtain, but they are in no galaxy considered "low." For any class. There are very few players who have any DPS character that high, and I'd consider 5K to be "super high stats."

My Monk is my personal best-stat DPS character, for example; the only one of mine with truly high-end stuff. He has 3/4 pieces of armor being high upgrade Ult/Ult+, as well as good Acc/Wep/Pet - and I don't even have 5K hero attack yet.

I probably could if I finished up all the insane numbers of upgrades on the armors (past what I already did to max their resists,) but again that would involve a substantial amount of time, effort, and mana spent to get there. Also infinitesimal luck in getting my helm and chest pieces.

5K stats are not the highest possible stats you can obtain, but they are in no galaxy considered "low." For any class. There are very few players who have any DPS character that high, and I'd consider 5K to be "super high stats."

My Monk is my personal best-stat DPS character, for example; the only one of mine with truly high-end stuff. He has 3/4 pieces of armor being high upgrade Ult/Ult+, as well as good Acc/Wep/Pet - and I don't even have 5K hero attack yet.

I probably could if I finished up all the insane numbers of upgrades on the armors (past what I already did to max their resists,) but again that would involve a substantial amount of time, effort, and mana spent to get there. Also infinitesimal luck in getting my helm and chest pieces.

It's possible, with upgrades. People seem to underestimate how much points you can gain from simply upgrading your gear and farming survival with 4 chars active means you'll get a lot of mana. A few hundred upgrades on each item alongside the set bonuses means a lot of free stats so to speak.

Having said that, I consider it fairly low because there are people with 7-8k out there from what I've seen. So with my chars being around 4-5k mostly I'd consider myself to be currently at the lower middle to middle of the player base stat wise.

+1
Getting much past 5k requires extreme luck, trading (from which questions of legitimacy arise...), or sacrificing another stat.
As someone who doesn't have/do any of the above, I have only a single 5k DPS class and thats the jester with a second weapon (a second if I respec'd my EV, but that would reduce DPS...)

As far as huntress goes
300k HP = more than enough for how the class plays
~8-10M DPS (NM) = more than enough for me
Level of fun = high

When you can obliterate anything anyway, what is the point in worrying about which is best. I prefer to look at which is most fun which for me is somewhere between EV and huntress.

1. Her age isn't stated but we know perfectly well that she isn't grown up yet. So assuming she's several hundred years old is a big, big stretch. In fact seeing how she grows up with the other children and looks far more mature in DD 2 it's safe to assume that she's in fact their age.
This was by the way one of the big critique points being brought up in the recent pr debacle for Trendy on Kotaku and so on, remember?

2. Fictive drawings do not count as "child pon" in most nations, are you by any chance from Sweden?

1. Her age isn't stated but we know perfectly well that she isn't grown up yet. So assuming she's several hundred years old is a big, big stretch. In fact seeing how she grows up with the other children and looks far more mature in DD 2 it's safe to assume that she's in fact their age.
This was by the way one of the big critique points being brought up in the recent pr debacle for Trendy on Kotaku and so on, remember?

2. Fictive drawings do not count as "child pon" in most nations, are you by any chance from Sweden?

no the U.S. your confusing years with maturity different animals mature an different rates a 1 year old dog is an adult while a human is still a baby Google California Code - Section 311

no the U.S. your confusing years with maturity different animals mature an different rates a 1 year old dog is an adult while a human is still a baby Google California Code - Section 311

1. The US isn't the world though.

2. The problem here is that she isn't stated to age slower in game or be younger/older than they are. In fact seeing how she grew the same as the other ones did in the DD 2 it's fairly safe to assume that DD elves mature at the same rates humans do. So far all evidence points against what you stated.
By the way, it wouldn't be an excuse for the Countess, Initiate, Demoness or the Adept. Three of those are humans, they are as old as the other characters and they are just as sexualized.

so your saying that trendy "sexualized" children then?
no they will say she's of age where ever they are selling this game just like if you cloned a woman in one day is she 1 day old or the age of the original it is easier to say she is of age then get banned rated m (mature only) or sewed