Sign in to follow this  
Starman

Where are the 7.50 patch notes?!

Can someone please tell me where the patch notes for 7.50 are? And I suppose for that matter I would also like to see the 7.49 patch notes...I haven't been able to find them after looking around the fourms for ages and I really want to know what maintenance was performed. From what I've found so far, it seems Trendy has discontinued the posting of patch notes, but why?

Yes this please!

Rather than the community finding out little changes please post the notes.

Unless ofcourse you're fixing the tinkerer's lab lag issue

Unless ofcourse you're fixing the tinkerer's lab lag issue

If you're complaining about you FPS, get used to it, this is DD.

If you're complaining about you FPS, get used to it, this is DD.

Oh thanks for the lack of faith in trendy. I would appreciate if you took your negativity elsewhere thank you.

Thanks for the link Synergy

Oh thanks for the lack of faith in trendy. I would appreciate if you took your negativity elsewhere thank you.

Thanks for the link Synergy

No really, get used to it. Dungeon Defenders never utilizes 100% of any threaded PC hardware. My GPU never goes over 50% on super crowded levels and it starts to lag because of this. The game engine has not been optimized to operate on the High number of pipelines during/for rendering or uses the full potential of a multi-core processor. There's no 64bit threading in the code at all. So even on a high end PC, the game is going to get crumby FPS drops and weird stuttering and minimal hardware utilization. The software in general will use multi-cores (thanks to OS) but it wont kick the CPU/GPU into overdrive to compensate for the lost frames [Kick the game in the head for being forgetful] and make up for it by throwing more processing power at the game. It's like... paying to go into a all you can eat buffet but only getting a salad and a chicken leg.

Wont be fixed anytime soon, I'm afraid. A lot of short cuts were taken in level design and poly counts and particle effects with short rendering distances to cut down on the amount of hardware power required to render in general. Then the utilization of memory instances (Unreal Engine tech) is used for the spawning of monsters to keep the system requirements at a reasonable level. There's some code architecture that can't/wont be messed with because of how the engine itself is coded, newer versions of it have addressed newer hardware operation, but Dungeon Defenders relies on a slightly dusty build of the game engine and it would take at least a month with two good programmers and some beta testers to work out kinks and twists with mucking about in the hirearchy of memory storing/ dumping and higher utilization of the CPU/GPU. It would squeeze out maybe 10 - 15 fps overall which on a minimum requirement PC wouldn't make much difference, on a high end PC we'd only see less FPS drop on high enemy count waves or big levels with a large number of draw calls.

As far as patch notes goes... if and when someone who knows what all was done in the patch was assembled gets around to compiling a report for us. Things are still in a bit of a tangle with DD2 being worked on and other events taking place with Trendy. So.. you know.. the game isn't broke... mostly still.