Sign in to follow this  
draemn

You can now farm Mega Chickens (but with awesome stats)

What are your thoughts on the fact that a rare pet that was used as currency before can now be farmed from Tinkerer's lab survival? I'm super stoked about the fact that they are way stronger with higher stats than before, but it kind of sucks for people who use them as currency.

It is absolutely horrible for those who have stocked them up in order to purchase something, only to have the item changed to basically being worthless since you can now get them basically at will. Trendy should have warned the community of this, or not have included the mega chickens as drops. They should've known better what the community uses as currency and kept those items rare.

Let's just hope they don't make MK2 & cubes farmable (although I've noticed less & less people accept MK2s) because then we're just left with coal or other items!

I dont understand how originals are worthless, they'll still be valued highly as they are different to new megas.

I'd love for someone to post a pic with a new mega showing off their dps.

Mega chicken price and my thoughts

I think the original mega chickens will keep their value because we could be able to tell the difference between classic mega chickens and mega chickens from tinkers lab.anyone else who wants to voice their opinion feel free. always up for new ideas.

i agree with classic... the value of the original mega-chicken's will stay the same as classics and the new ones will have a lower value.

coal is currency, and you can farm it too. But it is different, because coal is expensive just because people want it. cubes and chickens are "expensive" because they was rare. Anyway mega chickens nobody accept as currency long time.. so .... happen

game official currency is MANA and everybody can farm it too.

I think 80% of normal players dont recognize old and new mega chicken. Many players are just kids...So if you will find really poor chicken... especially if mega chickens dont have fixed stats as cubes

I think 80% of normal players dont recognize old and new mega chicken. Many players are just kids...So if you will find really poor chicken... especially if mega chickens dont have fixed stats as cubes

Not really, you can tell easily. Just look at their base damage. The Mega you get from egss prolly won't have more than 1.5 or 2k+ starting base, whereas those which you will get from TL Survival have around 10k+ base damage and pretty much more than 200 and most stats.

I don't think prices will drop for the original ones as you can tell easily the difference between the two.
Just look at their base damage. The Mega we got from egss prolly won't have more than 1.5 or 2k+ starting base, whereas those which you will get from TL Survival have around 10k+ base damage and pretty much more than 200 and most stats.
So for someone who wants a mega fresh out from the eggs I don't see who this affects the market. If someone wants "just" a mega chicken then they can farm it or buy it off cheaper than the original ones.
Slight fluctuation in price is understandable, won't drop to something like 2 cubes though.

Well.. if you try to sell it on the in-game markets then maybe but then you would be like the scammer of DD x.x
Here if you try to do that someone will point it out before you scam someone ;3

~Note: You does not actually mean you but the general population.

we have many contacts with people ingame via coal lottery and many of them dont know what coal is.. so how can somebody who hear about mega chicken as currency recognize real currency from farmed pet. It is my opinion.. little off topic mamba, but I thinking about mega chicken today and I have question for you.. I dont have mega chicken, because during Easter I dont have enough skill to play NM survival.. so I was collecting only small eggs. You told me that bunny costume is worth 1 cube. So why is mega chicken worth 8? Skilled player can earn eggs for mega chicken easy as me for bunny costume..It is the same play time. Just different level. Anyway I dont seen single auction accepting mega chickens last half year.. so nothing happen. Mega chicken is worthless pet.. or not?

did you seen any auction for mega chicken? Nobody want it.. And this reward ones will send them to grave. We will see later. Just remember this.

mostly because not many people like taking mega as currency is why I see value plummeting when there is a much better mega now.

In my opinion, the original Megas aren't worth jack.

Rares are only worth something if they're rare. Why would a non functional mega chicken be worth something just because it was rare at one time when you can now farm functional ones?

hackers have had the power to make as many chickens cube and any thing they want for a long time now this just give legit players a chance to get one

This is nothing but a good thing. It means that players can have a functional DPS pet besides a Seahorse/Monkey, for one. The chicken, in both forms, was one of the funniest and most-memorable pets in the game. Good to see them back in viable use. It also means that these pets are properly obtainable for someone that started playing after the Easter of 2012 promo ended (which a majority of the player base did.)

The "market value" of something should never have an impact on whether they make it available to players to unlock. Hackers can produce cubes from thin air, as well as MK2s, Mega Chickens, etc. Hackers can make all the mana they want. Now, as the post above stated, legit players have a means by which to obtain and enjoy these pets.

Kobolds, when they came out, upset some traders who liked to trade in perfect Rocks. Kobolds also made the game 1000x more enjoyable for most of the playerbase. People don't even trade in Mega Chickens anymore, as noted above. Aside from cubes, people trade in coal. Which is vastly easier to farm than these pets are, and holds a very high value simply because people deemed it should. That won't change.

good i hate the currency this forum put out

most people wont care about old chickens ,value lost everyone in game was laughing at the game economy and happy that it easier to obtain then before

Lets face it, who actually used Mega Chickens as currency anyways, they were a pain unlike cubes because they need IC. People all prefer cubes or coal. So i think they are outdated form of currency ever.

Im happy about the new Mega Chickens something new =D ish... Be good if there was a choice between DPS pets and the seahorse not being the only choice available.

Be good if there was a choice between DPS pets and the seahorse not being the only choice available.

There is still Monkeys D:

There is still Monkeys D:

Only if you were lucky enough on akatiti to get an ultimate one, otherwise they still fell pretty far behind.