Sign in to follow this  
Kiss7787

DD2 on PS4?

So as Sony announced at E3 that they would allow indie companies to self publish for the PS4, has their been any more consideration about bringing DD2 to the Play Station 4?

Sony showed a few indie games in their conference and their wasn't anything even close to dungeon defenders, they looked like ipad apps, i've never understood the logic in bringing that type of indie game to a next generation console when consoles 2 generations ago could have run the same games.....

So as Sony announced at E3 that they would allow indie companies to self publish for the PS4, has their been any more consideration about bringing DD2 to the Play Station 4?

that's true, we'll see. PSN is being severely improved so maybe it'll be a possibility. the Xplox is almost certainly out of the question though.

Sony showed a few indie games in their conference and their wasn't anything even close to dungeon defenders, they looked like ipad apps, i've never understood the logic in bringing that type of indie game to a next generation console when consoles 2 generations ago could have run the same games.....

because $
*cough* EA, and quite a few other companies, granted, release lots of facebook grade games for people to burn money on. and they do it, despite there being no game to it or anything to do but spend money and grind.
as long as people keep 'buying' those ridiculous games, they'll keep making them. it's effectively free money for the developer. spend 5 hours making some pictures, make them do something, tell people they can spend money to make them do it faster or something, and then take a nap with their wallet open.

It will definitely not be on XB1, from the looks of things. A few other indie devs, working on digital titles for next-gen, seem to indicate: the restrictions on the next-gen XBLA will be the same as on the 360. Insane fees for patches, needing to sign with a dedicated publisher to get your game out, etc. As for Sony, they have thankfully lifted some of the heaviest restrictions. They said they're getting rid of the fee to patch games, and they will allow indie devs to self-publish.

The only stopping point left is the certification process for patches. Sony has said they hope to cut this down to a much shorter timespan. They will not, however, do away with it completely. And for a game like this to function, updates need to be able to be pushed out the same day. And if problems arise from them, be fixed in real-time. So while the PS4 is a vastly better environment for indie devs next-gen on consoles, it might not be enough. Again, it's up to Trendy.

Not to get to off topic, is Trendy still considered an indie dev? At what point does a company go from indie to non-indie?

I think the biggest thing is the self-publishing and not being backed by the finances of a publisher. Mojang is still an independent dev. Overall it's hard to draw the line, but yes Trendy is still indie.

Seriously DD is an amazing game soooo addicting do they have rehab? I'm having my DD withdraws. Dd2 on ps4 would be awesome hard to tell but we can dream