Sign in to follow this  
LaurawantsaCow

Tinkerer

So am I the only one who cant play it? Still that fat "%##" GET button there. I did the thing with the blobfile. Still broken............Useless game

You are not alone man.
This stupid GET Buttons makes me angry too
:demon:

the challenge is impossible, i can never find the last ev to kill and just run out of time. need to add map markers to where they are else we'll never be able to solo the challenge.

if you still have the Get then you should restart Steam, usually fixes, if not them idk...

Update on the GET button issue that we've been investigating. In this case it looks like another Steam issue and we're in contact with Valve to resolve it. I wouldn't recommend re-downloading the entire game to try and fix the issue as it will likely not help.

the challenge is impossible, i can never find the last ev to kill and just run out of time. need to add map markers to where they are else we'll never be able to solo the challenge.

Hey Rekima,
When I was online last night trying to help people with this challenge I found a few ev's getting stuck under the floor at the top right of the map and they would rarely fall down. This happened about 9/10 times we tried it... so annoying!

Hey Rekima,
When I was online last night trying to help people with this challenge I found a few ev's getting stuck under the floor at the top right of the map and they would rarely fall down. This happened about 9/10 times we tried it... so annoying!

Hi Zeepal. We have played together today. I can confirm this. In 8-9 out of 10 Games the last ev will stuck under the floor. And because it is an Assault-Map, the players can not hit the EV.

Edit: Anyway, thanks Trendy for this great Addon. You did a great Job for this. :)

A hint regarding stuckages: Stones throw spear has no range limit, and the AoE on staves gets everything else...

Hey Rekima,

If you can please get me a screenshot(s) of the issue in action and upload them to Steam or Imgur.

From my experience there are two different spots around the same area where they get stuck. I'll try to get some screenshots when I get home tonight.

It'd be cool if there was a few hidden switches in the map, which allowed you to reveal the EV locations for x amount of seconds :D

I haven't seen any get stuck, but a friend of mine did see one fall, however at the end of that particular match we still had 1 EV to go, so don't know if that is what caused it.

All the EV's map escapes seem to be along that one NE conveyor area

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613894715255228236/ED032E94D38A266E6BA25FF5A9E53D3379E55F92/
This is one spot prone to stuckages (NE corner facing west). Can be cleared with an STS or a well placed jump.

The spawn at the end of that conveyor (Northern most East side spawn), they can also get under. Can be cleared by using the AoE of a stave to aggro them into jumping out. Right click and then back away.

Along the wall between the two stampers on the same conveyor, the EVs can drop down there, same clearance method as for underneath spawn.

There is also a tiny chance that one will get stuck on the corner straight out from that spawn.

Usage of a stave with high knockback and an STS secondary is highly recommended for clearing this map

Is it normal for the campaign and survival map to be very laggy? even on insane? I think my game went to 3fps a few times.

It's not happy for me to wait until 4 am for nothing lol. I'll no longer recommend this game to anyone since apparently the game is dead and not worthy any more. And good luck with dd2. Why do we need another dota/lol with less heroes to play with? Lol.

I guess in the gaming industry "next week" is slang for "in about 3 weeks there will be a picture for you to look at on Steam"

it's unfortunate this is the sort of response to games we have to expect from kids nowadays. if only the average person would understand the effort it takes to make a game and not complain about every meaningless detail. everything hits hiccups when being produced. every game hits snags that need to be worked out. with trillion dollar companies, you don't see those snags because they don't plan on releasing something until that 'tactical' day that their PR department pulled out of their asses and decided is best, probably a day 8 months on from when it was actually ready.
this is why indie companies aren't just wiping the whole market, the fact that most of the customers are ignorant.

it's not hard to patiently wait for something you want. if you want everything to go perfectly, go live in a book where it can only happen one way. then everything will always go perfectly! >.>

personally, when i saw Steam update DD, i knew exactly what it was, then saw the 'Get' button and had a good laugh.

another bug - a mini ogre trying to hit my minion wall from the floor below at the SW spawn under the crystal.
he's too short though >:] and can't hit it. idk if this is actually fixable, might be a considerable AI rewrite to fix something like this.

edit:
Is it normal for the campaign and survival map to be very laggy? even on insane? I think my game went to 3fps a few times.

mini ogres. and ONLY miniogres. miniogres are very laggy in DD for some reason.

I expected a quick fix, but I still got the big GET button when I want to play the new DLC. Played a lot yesterday on someone else's game and really like the map, but can't find a suitable game atm. Could you guys try to poke Valve a little more plz :D

played in public a couple of times, crazy lag and now I want to build and try it myself so badly, but yeah, the get button...

fast question, so i cant play the game solo cuz the GET button. but i did play the game in a random room and got 3/4 adievements.
now my quetsion is do i get the adievements also in game when i finaly can play the game or do i have to do it again? beccous i already have them on steam.

fast question, so i cant play the game solo cuz the GET button. but i did play the game in a random room and got 3/4 adievements.
now my quetsion is do i get the adievements also in game when i finaly can play the game or do i have to do it again? beccous i already have them on steam.

You get the achievements even if you do have the get button and they do not get reset once the get button is fixed.

You get the achievements even if you do have the get button and they do not get reset once the get button is fixed.

A thanks, happy to know even that the map isnt that hard if you ask me. 6 players nm hc campaign without any probs thought it would be a hard map.