Sign in to follow this  
robot26

Need advices from pros.

I don't have nightmare mode or the patient to farm manas for hours. So far I am able to farm just 2 million in 1 hour. Any tips in how to achieve more mana in a more efficient way. Some one explain why on pc it takes 1 million mana just to upgrade an item 5x?? I don't get it?? Is it just me or that the console has an easier way of getting mana than pc. Right now getting mana is time consuming and if I want to have better gears I need to upgrade but I can't get mana as fast as I can upgrade my items.

If you don't have the patients to farm then it's hard to get a large amount of mana. DD is a farm heavy game plain and simple. If you don't have nightmare, I suggest you either invest in it, or do some sort of survival on insane. There is no way (that im aware of) that you can obtain a large sum of mana without farming, especially without nightmare. -Name

Without NM, about the only thing I can suggest is plugging in multiple controllers (real or virtual) and running splitscreen survivals with alts. That will only get you so far in insane, though. Trading and working your way up is another option, but it'll be difficult to get your foot in the door without a cube or mk2 as a starting point.

Honestly, if you feel like you're hitting the progression wall with insane, it's time to invest in nightmare mode. For comparison, a single 4-way splitscreen campaign run of King's Game NMHC will net around 300-400m mana (IIRC).

Without NM, about the only thing I can suggest is plugging in multiple controllers (real or virtual) and running splitscreen survivals with alts. That will only get you so far in insane, though. Trading and working your way up is another option, but it'll be difficult to get your foot in the door without a cube or mk2 as a starting point.

Honestly, if you feel like you're hitting the progression wall with insane, it's time to invest in nightmare mode. For comparison, a single 4-way splitscreen campaign run of King's Game NMHC will net around 300-400m mana (IIRC).

I have patient to farm mana but not if I only get like 2 million per hour, that's just a waste of time when I know someone out there can farm 100x that amount in a fraction of the time. I google the virtual controller but the DD forum required me to put in a password and wont let me see the post on how to get a virtual controller.

To be honest, I HIGHLY recommend getting nightmare. You get all of the Shards DLC too, and Aqua is probably your best bet at getting a lot of mana. It's a win-win.

This is a toughie. Survival's your best bet, but when you do invest in the dlc's, mana will be easier to come by. I like to farm saws from Sky City and one decent saw can get you 8 coal which is like 75 billion mana. Good luck.

edit: sry 8 coal is worth about 120 bil, not 75 xD

having Nightmare and all the maps is probably something i'd recommend anyways, but especially for trading.

something like Akatiti could provide you with some decent rewards that you can sell to players, but it's very unreliable (as we all know how well RNG works). something like Kings' Game Survival is great if you want some mana, on later waves i average 100m+ a wave, without even using MixMode or any AFK's, just one summoner.
KG campaign is a lot easier though, and like zoogie has stated, still gets you an easy few hundred million with other players in (such as AFK's)

and the reason why items cost more to upgrade on PC and etc is because for one, the items are vastly superior. two, getting items and mana is actually easier on PC, due to all of the pretty OP content. even from a run of Tavern Defense NMHC campaign i get probably 100m.
the difference between insane and nightmare is MASSIVE. honestly, NM isn't the next difficulty from Insane for other games, NM would probably be 3 difficulties up from Insane in another game.

this isn't to say Nightmare is impossible or anything, but it is technically a lot more difficult.

having Nightmare and all the maps is probably something i'd recommend anyways, but especially for trading.

something like Akatiti could provide you with some decent rewards that you can sell to players, but it's very unreliable (as we all know how well RNG works). something like Kings' Game Survival is great if you want some mana, on later waves i average 100m+ a wave, without even using MixMode or any AFK's, just one summoner.
KG campaign is a lot easier though, and like zoogie has stated, still gets you an easy few hundred million with other players in (such as AFK's)

and the reason why items cost more to upgrade on PC and etc is because for one, the items are vastly superior. two, getting items and mana is actually easier on PC, due to all of the pretty OP content. even from a run of Tavern Defense NMHC campaign i get probably 100m.
the difference between insane and nightmare is MASSIVE. honestly, NM isn't the next difficulty from Insane for other games, NM would probably be 3 difficulties up from Insane in another game.

this isn't to say Nightmare is impossible or anything, but it is technically a lot more difficult.

Thanks for the advise, I need to power lvl my other characters and get more armors for my towers before I take on the Nightmare.