Am i entitled to a full refund?

Ok first off let me make my issue clear. I bought dungeon defenders 1 on pc after playing it on xbox360. On xbox the game as been abandoned and overrun with hackers. The steam page for dungeon defenders however showcased features that xbox did not have:

'Secure Trading System - Afraid another player won't live up to their word? Use our secure trading system to trade your precious weapons, armor, and pets with other players online! Watch your name and fame spread online, as people seek out the best pet raisers or item forgers!

Well that for example what a load of rubbish that is. If the trading system doesnt glitch and you lose your items. Whats to say the items you are receiving isnt hacked? Nothing secure about this....

A Mountain of Stats - Every shot you take, kill you make, and defense you build is logged and recorded for posterity. Pore over the voluminous charts and graphs at the end of each session to analyze your teams performance, quickly review your best statistics for each level, and compare your data online with other players to see who is the greatest hero of all. Furthermore, your Achievements are visible for all to see within your very own Adventurers Tavern, and the highest scores for each of your heroes are ranked on the worldwide leaderboards!

Rubbish again.... Everyone on top of the leaderboards are hackers or glitchers!

"Seamless online and Local Multiplayer"*

Seamless in what way? It dc'es, Glitches or is unable to connect to people? Lag is an issue, thats if steam is up and not on a unannounced downtime?

"Downloadable Content
Additional character classes, equipment, levels, and game modes are on the way. Take your DLC with you into any online game!"*

WOW! really??? Says this on the official Dungeon defenders website... When is the new classes being released?!?! .....They aint, trendy has just abandoned its website and never updates it... I mean have you looked at the official trendy website? (http://trendyent.com/) last updated 2011.

"Mod it, Create it, Remake it
All gameplay code & source content ships with the PC version, so intrepid Dungeon Masters can modify or totally recreate the game to their hearts content!"*

Errrrrrrm.... bit unclear... so hacking is not against the rules?!?!?!

*http://dungeondefenders.com/game/features

So basically the game description when i bought it does not match the game itself. Im cool with that not too fussed... My issue is that the game is Glitchy and full of hackers. Lets tackle the glitchyness...

CD for prime example. The Climax of the game, should be the pinnacle... But yet you get the 'Mana Bomb Glitch' every run..... This could easily be patched... JUST REMOVE THE APPS!!!!!!!!!!!

The Rising Platform Glitch.... So if you make it thru the manabomb glitch... The platform rises and kills you on the old one! Not fair:/

Talking about the old one... Lag on your own connection, Sinking into the floor, Or getting elbowed off the ledge...

This is the issues with just one level!

Fact is we all paid money for this game. Trendy has the contractual agreement with all of us to keep the game patched. To keep the game matching the description given.

We were sold a game that we were told was kept updated patched and to a high quality. But i fail to find this standard.

Hackers on another note... I have added multiple hackers after reporting them. With evidence. Months lated they are still on my friends list, still selling hacked items....

'ULT++ armour ... PAYPAL'
or
'DD******.com'

AFK shops are full of hacked items. Always i walk into shops with names like this. Yet they never get banned?!??!

I LOVE THE GAME, dont get me wrong. But im afraid its the community that i love. And it feels as if Trendy isnt doing any of the loving back.

Dungeon defenders 2 is irrelevant. Im playing number 1. I paid money for number 1. I demand value for my money for Number 1.

So my point is, if the game isnt patched. Surely i am entitled to a refund? As well as the rest of all of you?

"The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) states that goods should be of satisfactory quality, fit for their purpose and as described. If the game is faulty, then the consumer should be entitled to a refund from the retailer."

I have not broken any forum rules. I am stating an issue felt by everyone. I want a discussion and a explanation from trendy why these patches cannot be made. Why patches are not being made at all.

TL;DR version about CD. Hes mad because game crash 9/10 runs with jester. And im equally pissed.

DC's are steam's/operators fault, DLC was relevant at time of release, hacking is a problem in every game, Trendy does actually take people off leaderboards. You can find reasons liek this for almost any game

lolnope
Have you not learnt anything about microsoft at all? Here's a hint: they want money. Also modding and hacking are different things.

[QUOTE]All gameplay code & source content ships with the PC version, so intrepid Dungeon Masters can modify or totally recreate the game to their heart’s content!"*
Errrrrrrm.... bit unclear... so hacking is not against the rules?!?!?!
[/QUOTE]

Wrong. PC has the Developer Kit open to the community and we're allowed to create anything we want with it, from new maps to total conversions. You can only use things you've made in the Dungeon Defenders Development Kit (DDDK) in open play mode, which is NOT ranked. Any other tools used to modify the game are illegitimate and are considered hacks/hacking.

"DC's are steam's/operators fault, DLC was relevant at time of release, hacking is a problem in every game, Trendy does actually take people off leaderboards. You can find reasons liek this for almost any game" ..... Well maybe so, but even then why have they announced today that number 2 will be on steam. They dont listen! And most of the time my steam doesnt go down but i 'lose connection' and get returned to a list of games and it works as soon as i join one of them.....

Wrong. PC has the Developer Kit open to the community and we're allowed to create anything we want with it, from new maps to total conversions. You can only use things you've made in the Dungeon Defenders Development Kit (DDDK) in open play mode, which is NOT ranked. Any other tools used to modify the game are illegitimate and are considered hacks/hacking.

I know this... you know this. but look on the link. Their website does not say that. There website says nothing about that. Infact where in game does it say you are not allowed to hack...? Other than on forums it does not. This gives the impression that you are allowed

If you reached CD that means you invested quite a bit of time in the game. How can you ask for a refund after playing for that long?

I have put in alot of time. But on their website they say new character classes are on the way... This is what it said when i bought the game in january. They have not brought out any new classes and have stated since they are not going too. Yet their website still states that they will. This is lying to us, and breaking the contractual agreement.

So let me guess you're just trolling then because Trendy's website is out of date? They've moved on to DD2, and have absolutely no reason to update the old page. Anyone who is really curious about DLC and the game will find out all they need to know on Steam or here on the forums. And it really doesn't matter if there is a disclaimer for cheating anywhere. If you cheat in Ranked, expect to face the consequences if you get caught. Standard etiquette for any game that has a "closed" Online mode. If you don't know it now, you'll know it when you get banned.

I do not think there is much more to discuss on that matter.

Oh and to answer your topic question. No, you got what you paid for and anything that Trendy provides beyond that is customer service. If you bought your game through Steam or pretty much any other Digital Distributor, you can kiss your refund good bye because they state in many ToS and Purchase agreements that they do not supply refunds. If you think you want to try and get it, good luck doing it without claiming fraudulent account usage, and even then... you couldn't prove that because they log IP and computer hardware information onto your account to prevent such a thing from happening.

So I suggest instead that you enjoy the single player aspect of the game and just forget about the multiplayer side unless you get friends together to play it with you. Otherwise, I do not think it is fair of you to come and make demands as a customer when you've been provided with more than a full product which still gets support. Which still gets free content (for two weeks after DLC is released). Which still has great community support.

We all know the game is broken, but we love it for what it is and what it has provided, not for whats missing.

Have a good Friday night.

So let me guess you're just trolling then because Trendy's website is out of date? They've moved on to DD2, and have absolutely no reason to update the old page. Anyone who is really curious about DLC and the game will find out all they need to know on Steam or here on the forums. And it really doesn't matter if there is a disclaimer for cheating anywhere. If you cheat in Ranked, expect to face the consequences if you get caught. Standard etiquette for any game that has a "closed" Online mode. If you don't know it now, you'll know it when you get banned.

I do not think there is much more to discuss on that matter.

You dont understand. Trendy are selling the game on false statements. Misinformation. If they are still selling a product then the product details must be kept upto date! This is the law.

I am not a hacker. I am anti hacking. Im highlighting a issue that it does not say hacking is not allowed. The official website almost makes it appear as if its encouraged! Where in game does it say its against the rules.... Bit unfair if someone does get banned when they aint even been told to be fair.

Like i say im no hacker. My main issue is the way they dont keep the game patched. When i have paid for it! Real life money for it.... I expect to get customer service.

Im not asking for loads, just the occasional simple patch. Removing the crystal enemies from CD for example.... Updating their website to make it clear.... Banning hackers!

At the end of the day dun def 2 aint coming out for not far off a years time. Thats a long time in gaming hours. I expect updates, patches etc until the day number 2 is released. Like in every other game you get!

There is nothing more frustrating and downright infuriating than a full on disconnect because of an overlooked glitch.

In conclusion, I strongly concur with every valid statement you have laid here before us. Trendy should be fully ashamed of themselves for abandoning such an excellent game and deciding not to include such important updates and/or patches. Trendy is nothing but a habberdashing spendthrift and should wear its top hat of shame!

Hackers on another note... I have added multiple hackers after reporting them. With evidence. Months lated they are still on my friends list, still selling hacked items....
ng made at all.

Please report all Hackers using the report a player system. Trendy thoroughly investigates all reports and hackers will be punished accordingly.

Actually, what I would do is simply make a topic with the names and pictures on the board. Since these people aren't banned, then they're clearly not hackers as Trendy reminds us time and time again how thorough they are with the system and therefore they must be legit players. Certainly there is no rule against marveling at the amazing gear that these legit players happened to be lucky enough to acquire.

Please report all Hackers using the report a player system. Trendy thoroughly investigates all reports and hackers will be punished accordingly.

Actually, what I would do is simply make a topic with the names and pictures on the board. Since these people aren't banned, then they're clearly not hackers as Trendy reminds us time and time again how thorough they are with the system and therefore they must be legit players. Certainly there is no rule against marveling at the amazing gear that these legit players happened to be lucky enough to acquire.

Heh. Technically, this is considered "Calling out" other players?

Ironically... That part is enforced very well by the moderators here.

I offer no solutions to the OP.

OOO thats exactly what i would like to do... But if i was to even mention a name of another player... even in a friendly contect i get slammbed with the rule book saying how i cant mention another players name.... Lol i dont get the point of this rule?!?! We should be able to name and shame.

[QUOTE]You dont understand. Trendy are selling the game on false statements. Misinformation. If they are still selling a product then the product details must be kept upto date! This is the law[/QUOTE]

Except there are no fraudulent claims being made or have been made by Trendy. Everything they said they could put in the game, has been done. They have given out pretty much every single piece of DLC for free for a short period after release. They are providing a new set of levels, 2 in the DLC and at the least 1 - 2 community made maps (which no one has to pay for initially.) in the next month and a half. The new DLC is also quite likely going to have a few extra surprises which is why it's taking longer than expected to be released. You'll be hard pressed to name another Indie title company that has done this or can afford to give out their DLC's for free on a regular basis. I can't stress enough how little credit is given to Trendy for how much they have done in only a year with JUST Dungeon Defenders.

Just be happy that Trendy still supports DD1. They're only a small studio, a handful of people compared to big renowned companies. Most of those big companies would have dropped support for the game after a few months and moved onto something new.

As far as hacking goes, just keep reporting them. Trendy does have a good authentication system for dealing with people who cheat or people who have been given gear under the guise of legitimacy. There is also an item check thread for the reporting of such occurances and incidents.

Except there are no fraudulent claims being made or have been made by Trendy. Everything they said they could put in the game, has been done. They have given out pretty much every single piece of DLC for free for a short period after release. They are providing a new set of levels, 2 in the DLC and at the least 1 - 2 community made maps (which no one has to pay for initially.) in the next month and a half. The new DLC is also quite likely going to have a few extra surprises which is why it's taking longer than expected to be released. You'll be hard pressed to name another Indie title company that has done this or can afford to give out their DLC's for free on a regular basis. I can't stress enough how little credit is given to Trendy for how much they have done in only a year with JUST Dungeon Defenders.

Just be happy that Trendy still supports DD1. They're only a small studio, a handful of people compared to big renowned companies. Most of those big companies would have dropped support for the game after a few months and moved onto something new.

As far as hacking goes, just keep reporting them. Trendy does have a good authentication system for dealing with people who cheat or people who have been given gear under the guise of legitimacy. There is also an item check thread for the reporting of such occurances and incidents.

Trendy have given up with number 1 to be fair. All input is from the community not from trendy. This is something i think they need to support more and get more open maps on ranked!

Trendy isnt as small as you think, Ive seen how much money they money they make, from me alone ive spent a fortune. And over a million sales of dun def in total.... they aint poor...

Trendy have said themselves they give up with Dun def 1. The new map will come out etc.... But the website still states that new character classes are going to be released. This is something i very highly doubt after trendys comments. Therefore i believe there has been fraudulent claims made. I disagree with your comment.

The game portrays itself in a way that is no longer true, and needs updating for the thousands of people who are still buying dungeon defenders 1.

Trendy needs to continue its support by patching aspects of the game that people have paid for.

And the only reason they dont charge for the new DLC is because trendy didnt even make it themselves. Its all user made. Such as the upcoming map.

They do charge for the DLC, two weeks after it releases. They've done this for almost every single piece of DLC they have released. And no, it's not because they didn't make it themselves. Doesn't matter if they had to outsource to a free agent or another Studio, that's their business, not ours. They give it out for free literally because they are cool like that and aren't like the greedy overlords whose initials resemble the letters E and A or a company related to a snow storm.

FFS, no they don't and people need to quit believing this. I've done exactly the same as the OP, kept a reported hacker (and an obvious hacker who pets with like 100 extra projectiles and massive damage, not someone who has a few questionable pieces) on my friends list and, low and behold, to this day he still plays the game.

FFS, no they don't and people need to quit believing this. I've done exactly the same as the OP, kept a reported hacker (and an obvious hacker who pets with like 100 extra projectiles and massive damage, not someone who has a few questionable pieces) on my friends list and, low and behold, to this day he still plays the game.

Okay lets just forget it then and keep qqing about people hacking. You really can not blame them because as all of these threads that pop up state, the game is broken and not worth anyones time to play so it's just easier to hack it. Screw it. Trendy doesn't do anything for anyone ever. [/sarcasm]

Complaining about it is not going to get anything done, at all. This is a good game community but I am starting to really dislike the apathy towards Trendy, and towards the game. I suggest if you all don't like what is going on, just stop playing multiplayer. Just don't bother. If you see a hacker don't do anything about it. Just come here on the forums and start another complaint thread. Come here to the forums and don't discuss anything else. Lets just change the general discussion thread name to "QQ here about Hacking" in ranked. That way we can all cry and the cumulative tears will make the forums so soggy and damp and laden that Trendy will just jump in and cry too. Then everyone can be sad and frustrated for nothing, over nothing. Bring an umbrella.

Pick up the mod tools, learn how to use Unreal Script and fix the game yourselves. Make a total conversion, go learn how to make a map. Do something that isn't complaining, for goodness sake. You want everything handed to you, the players, the customers, just because you forked over some cash. Sorry, Trendy has other priorities now and they are moving towards their goals as a company. As I state in every single one of these threads, Trendy is not the villain here at all. They are still a business and they do have to be focusing on things that will continue to grow that business. They can waste time trying to tend to every issue that pops up in ranked mode, which is broken, try and police every hacker that gets reported, which the number triples every two weeks.

Or they can spend time working on the new game, making the systems in that game functioning and apply all the things they have learned from making this game, and all the feed back they have gotten from this game, that they still get from this game, to make the game everyone keeps asking for, to make the game that not only they want to make and play, but the game that everyone wants to play with them.

A forum is for discussion, so lets talk about things that aren't about bashing the people who very skillfully provided and who still ocassionally painstakingly provide support for. Forget about the hackers. Every post up here is just another "win" for them. Trolls and hackers thrive on the success of irritation.

Complaining about it is not going to get anything done, at all.

Except we're complaining that they do nothing about the reports that we take the time to submit. They've assured us time and time again that that reports are taken seriously and thoroughly investigated when it's obviously not the case.

[quote]
You want everything handed to you, the players, the customers, just because you forked over some cash. [/quote]

Yep, that's pretty much how it is. When I pay money for something I'd like any major issues it has resolved.

[QUOTE]
[QUOTE] Complaining about it is not going to get anything done, at all.

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

"The definition of insanity is... doing the exact same thing over and over and over expecting different results." If they haven't done anything about it, and me and several other individuals keep suggesting to report anyways, regardless of whats being done or not, isn't yielding any results then why bother, why expect anything else? Let.It.Go.

"The definition of insanity is... doing the exact same thing over and over and over expecting different results." If they haven't done anything about it, and me and several other individuals keep suggesting to report anyways, regardless of whats being done or not, isn't yielding any results then why bother, why expect anything else? Let.It.Go.

Well then, you should mind your own definition of insanity. Your repeatedly telling us to stop complaining isn't going to keep us from complaining, so maybe you should let it go.

Actually, I will stop complaining if they cut the canned "Please use the report a player system. Trendy investigates every complaint thoroughly." bs that's always being spewed. It makes them sound like some smug politician running for office who thinks his/her potential voters are too stupid to see through his lies.

Please keep this civil.

Even though Trendy's support slows down for DD1 because of their focus is more on DD2, they do continue to investigate users who are reported and later banned if a violation is found. We urge you to keep reporting users to Trendy if you come across with a hacker/duper, etc.

Thank you.

I feel sorry for you. If you have a paypal account maybe together we can give you some money :( Too bad you had to waste hundreds of hours to realize all that things about dd :(

1. Don't know why they cant fix trade bug.
2. If you are first after cheaters, you are the first. Or you realy want to see your name on the forge?
3. If you cant connect to someone, why do you think its trendy's problem? And what they should do with steam downtimes?
4. http://dungeondefenders.com/ Last update 2 weeks ago.
5. No comments. RTFM.
Never had issues with CD. Mana bomb doesnt crash the game.

Trendy supports DD1 for almost 2 years. So, dear DIAMOND HUNTER, just thank them.

I feel sorry for you. If you have a paypal account maybe together we can give you some money :( Too bad you had to waste hundreds of hours to realize all that things about dd :(

1. Don't know why they cant fix trade bug.
2. If you are first after cheaters, you are the first. Or you realy want to see your name on the forge?
3. If you cant connect to someone, why do you think its trendy's problem? And what they should do with steam downtimes?
4. http://dungeondefenders.com/ Last update 2 weeks ago.
5. No comments. RTFM.
Never had issues with CD. Mana bomb doesnt crash the game.

Trendy supports DD1 for almost 2 years. So, dear DIAMOND HUNTER, just thank them.

Firstly let me rectify your comment.

i'm not here for sympathy i'm here because DD1 has been literally forgotten about, i have no idea what you are going on about the paypal thing as i don't have a paypal account for this game... tbh i've wasted enough money on one account! Also to put it too good sense i've literally had enough of the glitches bugs and everything that is wrong with DD. I bought this game with Misinformation stating that it is always updated and newest version released hence why i bought this game.

1. They wont fix this, as they literally can't be bothered to make a patch for this game like i said in my previous post.

2. I can't actually figure out what this means it doesn't make sense.

3. Its funny as soon as I lose connection to Trendy and others on DD i can connect to another game via steam and play it whilst trendy is down all the time.

4. That is just the community run website hosted with the DD name i have put the official DD website in my first post which stated last update was in 2011.

5. No Comments RTFM, i don't understand acronyms, i have put my opinion across i posted this quite late last night and i had to be up for work in the morning Real Life Things... and you never have issues with mana bomb rising platform or anything because 9/10 people on this forum will say they have experienced multiple times a day and it is very very annoying! So no i won't thank them at all' i paid real life money towards buying this game which i did not buy in the humble bundle, so i expect a decent level of customer service is that too my to ask for the contractual agreement of me buying this game...

ok, so not only not doing what they could do eg no evil apprentices.

****EDIT: turns out diamonds are supposed to have it, rest still applies tho!!*****

They've not even done what they said they'd done - I've just spawned my first diamond (oh so many runs, and a bit trade; so I've had to put the work in) and sure enough it has hero speed stat!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=151476607