So Trendy Entertainment seems to be a terrible place to work.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the art style stays extremely true to the art of the original game, with the exception of the character models, of course

lolwhut

DD2 looks NOTHING like DD1, to the point where it's disappointing. That sentence alone kills any credibility you'd been trying to build.

way to go, you guys have officially turned a thread that was about a very real and concerning issue and into an "im better at MOBAs than you."

no one cares; youre all wrong.

[c3;885803']way to go, you guys have officially turned a thread that was about a very real and concerning issue and into an "im better at MOBAs than you."

almost all mobas suck anyway so.

[c3;885803']way to go, you guys have officially turned a thread that was about a very real and concerning issue and into an "im better at MOBAs than you."

This, except its an "lmaololol I'm so right cause I can type 3 walls of text and the other guy only made 2" argument. And also let's pull the whole history of DotA back out to slap people with again: All mobas are a ripoff of the Warcraft III map(mod). Even that itself is a ripoff of Aeon of Strife, the StarCraft map. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MultiplayerOnlineBattleArena

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AdaptationDisplacement

This information on Jeremy is extremely disturbing. After doing the routine beta forums check after not doing so in only 2 or 3 days, it's like I have walked into the friggin Twilight Zone. I really hope the coolest genre I've ever played (ARPG/TowerDefense [which also happens to have been done by WCIII modders before Trendy) isn't going to get decimated by this trashy sexism. Now the image of the Huntress posing isn't a silly parody like I also first thought, its freaking sick. I hope this game doesn't get killed by executive meddling. The comments by "Jer" on following what LoL, a top competitor, is doing is a really dumb cliche but it is normal. Modeling EV with the requirement to look like an underaged foreign model? Please seek some help after they remove you from the project. I hope Trendy and Dungeon Defenders don't get buried by this. Just the people responsible. I really don't want to believe this is happening because... Well I already said Twilight Zone...

Edit:http://kotaku.com/shake-up-at-studio-from-hell-512135529

Hopefully the game will still come out awesome, but there appears to be some other bit to this. Someone on article 1 compared the work hours to teaching. Now we can compare it further with Steiglitz "punishment". Not gone, just taken out of public sight.

lolwhut

DD2 looks NOTHING like DD1, to the point where it's disappointing. That sentence alone kills any credibility you'd been trying to build.

o i c

It is absolutely imperative that all of you cease and desist immediately from flaming in this thread. This is the most important discussion to occur on these forums. Ever. Stop derailing. Stop flaming. Stop making it about you. This thread is about the allegations made against Jeremy and what we as the customer base expect Trendy to do for next steps. Our collective outrage might make some small corner of the world in Gainesville a slightly better place. Please don't derail or give the mods no choice but to close the thread.

Ignoring this request will only make it look like getting this thread closed is your goal. At which point I hope the mods take appropriate action short of closing this important thread.

(Sorry Damocles if my previous post seems to contradicts this but: )
Damocles is right. Put the train back on track guys.
Also the recent news looks like it'll kill the Co-op Confidential for today. I hope not. The silence from Trendy is unsettling.

Edit:Wow I actually didn't know E3 was on. I keep falling out of the gaming news loop. (I found out about DD2 two months ago by pure chance looking around YouTube). I don't want to post too much so this is an edit not the "Most Recent Post".

its e3, im sure they have a lot going on with just that right now, and everything else being added on top is just making it that much worse.

while silence is not what we want to see, there is a lot of merit in respect in recognizing when to take a step back and deliberating rather than just making a statement to placate.

It is absolutely imperative that all of you cease and desist immediately from flaming in this thread. This is the most important discussion to occur on these forums. Ever. Stop derailing. Stop flaming. Stop making it about you. This thread is about the allegations made against Jeremy and what we as the customer base expect Trendy to do for next steps. Our collective outrage might make some small corner of the world in Gainesville a slightly better place. Please don't derail or give the mods no choice but to close the thread.

Ignoring this request will only make it look like getting this thread closed is your goal. At which point I hope the mods take appropriate action short of closing this important thread.

Long live the crusade!

Can we please get this thread back on track? No one cares how good or bad someone is at a MOBA. No one cares that you don't think it's a LOL ripoff, or if it is. No one cares who's good at the beta, or who's bad at it. You are all derailing the thread that I started to make the community aware of Trendy's terrible situation with discussions about random nonsense that doesn't matter in this context.

The real problem here is that Jeremy Stieglitz treats the Trendy Employees like garbage.

Can we please get this thread back on track?

The only thing better than the 10 off topic posts are the fifteen replies to PLZ KEEP IT ON TOPIC.

That said, Trendy responded, Jeremy is out which the employees have said has already caused a positive vibe in the office and all is good in the world. What else is there to discuss?

The only thing better than the 10 off topic posts are the fifteen replies to PLZ KEEP IT ON TOPIC.

That said, Trendy responded, Jeremy is out which the employees have said has already caused a positive vibe in the office and all is good in the world. What else is there to discuss?

HOW DARE YOU DERAIL THIS THREAD WE MUST KEEP THE CRUSADE ALIVE maaaaaaaaaaan

Well I think there's some serious possibility as to what Neverbeenafishbefore's statements (if truly credible) could mean to everyone on the other forums *cough cough* but I still think this whole thing is weird. I'm usually optimistic but think about this loose timeline:

1. Stieglitz is bad m'kay... For a couple years maybe.
2. And then suddenly 9 people start leaking to Kotaku who knows when.
3. Someone writes an article summarizing what they've been told on a Friday at noonish.
4. 32 hours later on the next day, it is reported that Jer steps aside to work on something else.
5. Minutes later "Neverbeenafishbefore", a Kotaku account whose post history suggests the account was made specifically to comment on those 2 articles, posts a happily-ever-after end to this whole scandal several times.

http://neverbeenafishbefore.kinja.com

"Going forwards, the gameplay and programming teams are going to be able to work directly with the art and level-design teams, rather than these teams working in a vacuum to similar ends. Barriers between the departments are looking to collapse, and there is real talk about collaborative work, prototyping, and fixing what are currently very broken pipelines. Friday had all of the senior positions; designers, producers, marketing, art, all of them in a meeting for many, many hours talking about where we're going and what changes need to be made going forward to make what we've been working on successful, and communication through departments has been wonderful in regards to what the plans going forward are."

In just one day this person says everything is turning around. That's a possibility but it feels just plain weird. I don't want to discredit this person- it would take some serious courage to speak up. This is just a really weird scandal.

I've also heard some generally shady things about Kotaku's investigative journalism. I doubt we'll ever hear the true story, or as close to the truth as one could get.

I've also heard some generally shady things about Kotaku's investigative journalism. I doubt we'll ever hear the true story, or as close to the truth as one could get.

As a general rule, I take any report made by any subsidiary of Gawker with a brick of salt.

At this time if you go to DD1's news and announcements, most recent post for New DLC Reveal on Trendy Friday Fun leads here. The main link leads to Blue's op. We need another Futurama meme: Not sure if cry for help, or busted forums.

Edit: Actually it has the moved flag. Someone used mod powers to overlap this onto that thread or something. Moved and renamed without closing the original maybe. But if it is intentional it would be to pull viewers here.

Edit2: yeah its just busted. See below.

My money's on the bet that the forums are broken. If you click on links in old post, it sends you to a seemingly random post.

Try the link in the first post of this thread: http://dungeondefenders2.com/forum/showthread.php?75663-Patch-and-DLC-Feedback. You'll notice that it goes to a post in the future by a completely different author about a completely different subject.

Funny coincidence, though.

I sent a pm to a Trendy imploye about if it was true, and they said they could not awnser that. So, my guess is that some of it's guarnted true then.

I sent a pm to a Trendy imploye about if it was true, and they said they could not awnser that. So, my guess is that some of it's guarnted true then.

implying they'd tell you

some of it's guarnted true then.

Yes, we can be certain something is true.

Employees complained about Jeremy, very quickly Jeremy stepped back. We can Guess he admits something was wrong (which doesn't mean all the accusations were 100% accurate).
He takes distances with DD2. Everyone's Happy.

Jeremy will work on another project? So Trendy will work on two games at once?
I think, in a couple of month, I will get back my enthusiasm about the coop part of DD2.
I'm not certain I'll care about Jeremy new project. Even if in the end, some of the accusations are proven unfair (which will never happen, we'll never know for sure)

Two month ago, a new project by Trendy would have make me walk on the roof.

Now, no one seems to care :( (I don't)

I knew they wouldn't tell me, im not stupid.

Ask around but I've been here a lot longer then it appears.

I know 5 of the 9 and can say for sure I heard about these kind of things back when I played... Never knew it was THIS bad but I heard a lot of it before.

Jer is a very smart concept man, he just isn't fit to manage people or the specifics beyond the concept stage. Having him focus on a new concept is where he should be.

I have high hopes for DD2 now that he is off that team but sad they lost a lot of quality guys due to one man. Trendy could have been a truly great company.

-Fin

sad they lost a lot of quality guys due to one man

Yeah, after hearing all of that, I kept wishing I had Josh Isom's address so I could send the dude like, a Fruit of the Month club subscription or something for having to live through that sort of situation. Here's hoping all those who left find great enjoyment in their new jobs and that Jeremy gets back on track, throws that LoL **** to the wayside and gives us a game that's better than either DD1 or DD2 combined. Three cheers for optimism, huzzah!