Sign in to follow this  
Hover Tower 2000

Guess how many (peak) players on DLC release day

So just a bit of pointless speculation - how many players (the peak number) on the day of release of the new dlc (ev 2.0 thang)

I reckon 4700.

No prize, other than geek cred.

Speculation has it released this Friday, tho I ????????. So posts after 12am GMT on 7-6-13 are no longer valid as guess submissions. We/I can rethink that if it's not released then, tho minions forbid!!

My heart skipped a beat, as from the tagline I assumed you meant, "The DLC released today; here are the peak player numbers thus far." And then of course my heart was broken. -_- I'm dying for the stage, especially having seen how good of shape it has been in for months now. That, and there having been a Ranked-ready build of it for a while. Plus the mention, two weeks ago, of it coming the following week. That didn't help any of us, haha.

My assumption is that they want to release it in a state where it will require no patching after the fact (like Temple o' Love.) While that stage could certainly use some tweaks, none of them are game-breaking to where a patch was absolutely necessary. But at this point, it's hard to guess what else could possibly need "tinkering" in this stage (pun intended.) Not to mention, as past DLC stages have shown: the only way to truly "play test" the stage to its fullest is to release it to the public. With Steampipe patching and the like, they can easily hot-fix stuff as soon as it's needed.

My heart skipped a beat, as from the tagline I assumed you meant, "The DLC released today; here are the peak player numbers thus far." And then of course my heart was broken. -_- I'm dying for the stage, especially having seen how good of shape it has been in for months now. That, and there having been a Ranked-ready build of it for a while. Plus the mention, two weeks ago, of it coming the following week. That didn't help any of us, haha.

My assumption is that they want to release it in a state where it will require no patching after the fact (like Temple o' Love.) While that stage could certainly use some tweaks, none of them are game-breaking to where a patch was absolutely necessary. But at this point, it's hard to guess what else could possibly need "tinkering" in this stage (pun intended.) Not to mention, as past DLC stages have shown: the only way to truly "play test" the stage to its fullest is to release it to the public. With Steampipe patching and the like, they can easily hot-fix stuff as soon as it's needed.

aww sorry buddy!

haha you typed all that and still couldn't have a guess!!! my own fault for not offering a prize and it being rather droll.

yea, they need to c-section the dlc

While everyone is waiting for DLC to come out, there are contest maps out that need playing and feedback, if you really find yourself itching for something Dungeon Defenders related to do. I know for sure there's at least 3 or 4 more maps that have not been posted yet, but there are three up presently.

As far as the topic goes, player count will probably hit 5k or so like it usually does around DLC releases.

While everyone is waiting for DLC to come out, there are contest maps out that need playing and feedback, if you really find yourself itching for something Dungeon Defenders related to do.

Aren't those on open though? I feel like I long overdue for some really good drops, and I don't want to waste them by getting them on open instead of ranked.

Aren't those on open though? I feel like I long overdue for some really good drops, and I don't want to waste them by getting them on open instead of ranked.

That sounds like a superstitious fear. "Don't play anything on OPEN, the RNG will Troll you! Muahhahahaaaaahahahhahah... No seriously, it will! :demon:" It doesn't work that way, fortunately.

They are on open but they're worth a look, they'll need to be played anyways when voting opens. I can tell you my map isn't very generous on drops because I have not set up item quality very high yet. But the more people that play now and report bugs and give feed back, the fewer problems Trendy has to deal with when they're sent in and the more time everyone has to enjoy playing and getting good loot from them on ranked mode.

for closures sake i've only seen ~1500 players,

people have moved on, lucky them :P

FAIL = Choppy/laggy game = DD 6 player maps = my current state of mind

i only came back because of this dlc plan to leave again not interested in farming survival knowing kings and sky is still better farming alternatives