The Future Of Dungeon Defenders on Console

Well I find any future for this game to be slim although this is what I think. Trendy has the excuse that the hardware of this system generation being to crappy to be able to do anything. What if the dungeon defenders was more like the pc version for the next gen consoles? just a thought, put ur opinion down below...

i thought this was gunna be another call of duty fanboy telling the community how much this game is broken and good luck surviving without me thread. But i like where your goin here.......... continue!

i thought this was gunna be another call of duty fanboy telling the community how much this game is broken and good luck surviving without me thread. But i like where your goin here.......... continue!

I was waiting to post till we had your approval to continue.

I think the systems ability to not perform is one of the many reasons we will not see any DD in the future. Who knows though, maybe it will happen.

Trendy claimed the ps3 memory was holding it back but the ps4 will have 16 times the ram so hopefully sony will have to go through with their statement of being more indie friendly before Trendy may consider porting to ps4. I hope they do but after they make dlc add ons so you just buy dlc when they release them, and trendy doesnt have to patch dlc.

AND YOU CAN ONLY BACK UP YOUR TOONS AND NOT YOUR EQUIPMENT i wish that was the case for dun def 1

I'd put money on it that DD2 will be released on ps4. Sony has made it very clear that it wants games for its console and that they're becoming indie friendly.

They should put the PC version of DD1 on the new consoles. Probably even have a special edition of the game with many of the dlc's on it and maybe even a DD bonus.

The company's strategic direction, prior experience with console certification/cost, and opportunity to avoid the problems inherent in consoles because the data is saved locally (pick your favorite) all suggest that this is not going to happen.

That said, the last numbers I recall stated that console is 20% of the DD product base, and that's nothing to sneeze at. Though again, if I were Trendy and I had any intention of entering into the next generation console market, I'd have taken a little more care in keeping the existing game clean of hackers and dupers, and I'd have released a final console patch so as not to alienate the console customers through neglect.

This isn't criticism of Trendy's strategy as much as it is citing their strategy as evidence that they have no intention of being involved in consoles again. I very much hope I'm wrong; I have no intention of playing on PC.

I LOVE the idea! Notice i how capitalized 'love'. I really wanted a final version of dd for the ps3 free of major glitches but knew limitations to the ps3 itself would make it impossible. But the ps4 on the other hand, make it virtually the pc version, or just fix the issues with the current, like adding the sea squirt, and i'm SOLD! Notice how i capitalized sold.

Wait are you guys meaning we get what pc has, or fix the buggs with console. If yo're talking about PC then we shouldn't get the sumnoner unless he uses DU hes to OP.

lol, forgot about this post, really like the support on this idea! I think that dd2 or dd1.5 (pc like version on ps4) have a chance of happening, i'm not sure about the percentage but lets keep our fingers crossed?

lol, forgot about this post, really like the support on this idea! I think that dd2 or dd1.5 (pc like version on ps4) have a chance of happening, i'm not sure about the percentage but lets keep our fingers crossed?
Well if yo're just talking ps4 GL, ps3 is only 8% of the game.

I can almost garuntee that we will see dd2 on ps4 because the way the next gen consoles are set up it will be easy to port pc games to console if you want an in depth review there is a link in my sig to a channel where I have a review

I would really like cross-platform gameplay, but I know that's nearly impossible for Trendy. They would have to host their own servers and do a ton of other stuff just to be able to connect and play, and then all the items and level caps would have to be the same. It lends itself to a way more uniform experience in which there is no point in buying more than one copy of the game for each device that you have.

not cross-platform gameplay, the chances of that are 1 in a million lol. I was thinking more of the dlc content, a proper upgrade of the game would be possible with the better hardware of the ps4, etc. I think that this idea gives a little more hope that dungeon defenders will be changed for the better xD

1 in a million? So you're telling me there's a chance!? Yeeeaaahhh!

"Mary, I desperately want to make out with a school boy"

He quoted Dumb and Dumber so I did one from the same scene.

Not trying to be off topic, well, yes, I am... But that is one of my all time FAVORITE movies!

"That's just as good as real money, sir... Those are IOU's"

Not trying to be off topic, well, yes, I am... But that is one of my all time FAVORITE movies!

"That's just as good as real money, sir... Those are IOU's"

250 thou, you may want to hang on to that one
WE LANDED ON THE MOON!!! Same here great movie.
Back on topic now. What if we reverse the polarity of the flux capacitor on the ps3? Maybe then we could get pc version of dd.