Sign in to follow this  
thebamboobear

Dragon of the North Event Discussion Thread

This event is based on one of the winners of the last Community Event Item Contest: Dragon of the North by Capt.Rizz.

Sign Up for this Event (6/8-6/11): http://dungeondefenders2.com/forum/showthread.php?99796-PC-Dragon-of-the-North-Event-Sign-up-(6-8-6-11)

Hello everyone and welcome to the "Dragon of the North" discussion thread. If anyone has any questions for us pertaining to this event, upcoming events, and/or ideas on what you guys want to see in a upcoming event, you can ask them right here.

This is gonna be one cool event!
I had to I could not resist:jester:
Seriously both the item and the map look really awesome spread the word folks!

First event I'll have time to go to (I hope, if work doesn't pop up). Do you play as a level 1 or are you leveled and have to find gear?

First event I'll have time to go to (I hope, if work doesn't pop up). Do you play as a level 1 or are you leveled and have to find gear?

The rules vary on each event. For this one, you will have to bring a level 1 gearless character. During the map progression, you will get some exp, level up, and find some gears.

Hope to see you on the event! *crosses fingers so work doesn't pop up o_O *

I actually kinda like the level 1 gearless rule. Mainly for 2 things, feels good and fresh to play a map as low levels, doesn't feel OP on any character and you don't know what weapons you'll be getting.
Good luck in the event, hopefully you'll get free time for it! :)

*Edit: Also, anyone getting a sort-of Skyrim nostalgia on seeing the promo picture? I sure do! xD

*Edit 2: Can the next event have a pet reward or a weapon perhaps? :D

I actually kinda like the level 1 gearless rule. Mainly for 2 things, feels good and fresh to play a map as low levels, doesn't feel OP on any character and you don't know what weapons you'll be getting.
Good luck in the event, hopefully you'll get free time for it! :)

*Edit: Also, anyone getting a sort-of Skyrim nostalgia on seeing the promo picture? I sure do! xD

*Edit 2: Can the next event have a pet reward or a weapon perhaps? :D

All event items are limited to accessories sadly:(

All event items are limited to accessories sadly:(

But there were Isoms and Steigs, did they change the rules after the Anniversary Event? :/ :( :monk:

But there were Isoms and Steigs, did they change the rules after the Anniversary Event? :/ :( :monk:

Yes, balancing accessories turned out to be much easier than actual pets/weapons so they decided to go with accessories only.

Yes, balancing accessories turned out to be much easier than actual pets/weapons so they decided to go with accessories only.

Oh, bummer! :/

Well hopefully the all upcoming items will have extra glitter and more Bracers or Shields pl0x! xD !!!

Oh, bummer! :/

Well hopefully the all upcoming items will have extra glitter and more Bracers or Shields pl0x! xD !!!

You have taken the right first step by letting us know what you like.

Feel free to give as detailed of input as you like.

Not going to guarantee anything other than we are all most certainly listening.
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Just going to leave this here...

You have taken the right first step by letting us know what you like.

Feel free to give as detailed of input as you like.

Not going to guarantee anything other than are most certainly listening.
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Thanks, well hopefully we see some more Bracer accessories with lot of glitter! Or maybe another Community made item contest? :D
In any case keep up the good work :)

Wow, looks epic :D great job man haha! The Dragonborn Monk! :D

Wow...oh Wow ...

I am also a big fan of the level 1 gearless rule. It lets everyone start off on equal grounds and I find it more fun.

@Gokupp,
I'd like to know what kind of balancing issues you guys came across while creating Pets as compared to Accessories. And which fields in particular were tough like - balancing their damage output or stats or colors or sizes etc.? Maybe we can have an Event Pet after every 4-5 events(or once a month)? So that much time frame can be enough to come up with Event pets? Shouldn't be that hard I guess. Or like I said previously, we can have community contests as well, so the Event Team gets some load off. I'm all in to help up if we are guaranteed Event Pets at some point of time in the future! :)

@Gokupp,
I'd like to know what kind of balancing issues you guys came across while creating Pets as compared to Accessories. And which fields in particular were tough like - balancing their damage output or stats or colors or sizes etc.? Maybe we can have an Event Pet after every 4-5 events(or once a month)? So that much time frame can be enough to come up with Event pets? Shouldn't be that hard I guess. Or like I said previously, we can have community contests as well, so the Event Team gets some load off. I'm all in to help up if we are guaranteed Event Pets at some point of time in the future! :)

The all accessory rule came into effect prior to my becoming an event host.

To be honest I know little about the reason for the rule.
I like the idea of more diversity in event items A LOT.
As for contests the last one yielded some awesome stuff.

Personally I think another event item contest sounds awesome.
I wont give any promises though.
Everything we do is a team effort and then gets the OK from Trendy.

Keep your eyes peeled because we are always up to something fun.

The all accessory rule came into effect prior to my becoming an event host.

To be honest I know little about the reason for the rule.
I like the idea of more diversity in event items A LOT.
As for contests the last one yielded some awesome stuff.

Personally I think another event item contest sounds awesome.
I wont give any promises though.
Everything we do is a team effort and then gets the OK from Trendy.

Keep your eyes peeled because we are always up to something fun.

Thanks, hopefully you can bring it up to the event team and TE :)
Can't wait for more events with as many new variations and game play modes!

I cant find any game link, or map in game.

Map will be uploaded at the latest on Friday midnight :) We will post the link in the sign up thread and here once it is uploaded.