Sign in to follow this  
sgof

[PC] Lord Vile`s Arena Event Discussion

There wasn't a thread, but this event was so fun, I had to create a thread.

Anyways, very fun event. Senseless violence at it's best. Loved how it wrapped it all up with the last couple events.

Thanks host (Commish)! and Thanks DanielSound for the map. They should bring this over to ranked somehow. :P

hehe i loved the slight twist near the end XD. so much fun.
Thanks host GOKUPP!!. I completely enjoyed myself!

There was a thread over at General, but worth it to see this nice comments ^^
http://dungeondefenders2.com/forum/showthread.php?99373-Lord-Vile-s-Arena-Discussion-Thread

Glad that you guys enjoyed :D Was hoping to see some comments about the map on the forums ^^ so thanks for that.
The Visuals of the map itself were made by theBambooBear (Including the awesome roman helmet and chest piece the monsters were sporting lol), I just helped with the kismet for the gameplay ^^

Considering the last few events with different gameplay we had, what would you like to see more in the next events? Did you like playing on medium with a low lvl? Or did you prefer playing on nightmare with pre-made gear to not make players to OP? Did you like having to solve puzzles? platforms? maze?

What would you like to see more of in the next events?

There was actually a discussion thread on the General section, but thank you for the starting this.
We are glad to hear that people enjoyed it :D
We will try to bring more interesting maps for the upcoming events, so feel free to suggest things that you would like to see in the future events!

I liked the layout for this event; not being required (or even able to for that matter) made the event relaxing. I like solving puzzles a lot haha, so of course I enjoyed the puzzles (hope to see more =)) I did NOT like the platforming, it was very buggy and it seemed like the engine didn't handle it too well. The maze was okay, I wish there was some form of guidance, as I continually got lost and couldn't find my way back to various "landmarks."

I really like the idea of starting with new characters, as it seemed to make the event play similarly for all participants. It also gives the event a fresh feel, and allows you(the developer) to standardize the difficulty of bosses and other mobs.

I sincerely hope future events follow in the footsteps of the recent few events, they were really fun in my opinion.

This is in response to DanielSound's questions.

Loved this event! after the mimic chests of last event i really enjoyed, i was so surprised of the mimic forge of this event ^^ and the story and connection to the other events is awesome! I want to thank all event hoster and map maker!

I liked this one the best out of the last three. I am always appreciative of all your efforts... I know it can be very time consuming to make these maps. But, here's some feed back.

1 - The aMazing maze - Personally, I was not a fan of this one. I thought it was just way too big. I think that if the map was made a little smaller, with more monsters, or even assault style with towers, it could have been better. It was just that I felt like I was running around lost, with not much to do. There were monsters, but too far and few. To sum it up, a little smaller, with more monsters.

2 - Princess Quest - I liked this one alot. I think it could have been better with a bit more balance. I felt the provided armor and stats were too weak, which made this one drag on a bit. I liked the puzzle, humor, platforming, etc.

3 - Lord Vile's arena - Really fun one. I really liked the balance of this one. I never felt too weak, or too strong. I was playing as the Ranger. The visuals did not go unnoticed. The roman helmets on the Djinns were pretty cool.

I really liked the balance of the Lord Vile's arena. I think the same balance for the princess quest would have made it better.

Great job with the map!! I had a lot of fun!! I like the this type event, and the balancing of the players by adding the gear!! I can't wait for the next one. Thanks Daniel for hosting!!!

Considering the last few events with different gameplay we had, what would you like to see more in the next events? Did you like playing on medium with a low lvl? Or did you prefer playing on nightmare with pre-made gear to not make players to OP? Did you like having to solve puzzles? platforms? maze?

What would you like to see more of in the next events?

i think the best thing is to have lower level characters (surprisingly interesting to do!) but also control the items that drop throughout because we all know we can't trust RNG ;)
wasn't too big of a fan of having build phases here and there for the frost dragon, it's a way to allow levelups, but idk, gets in the way of using abilities and such. if it's possible to allow levelups in combat phase.... ^^ might be asking for too much from a map, might need to change hardcode for that xD