CLOSED? Read All Defenders?

Curious as to why it was closed?

How else will we know about the issues?

If we email the Mod's/Trendy with specific issues, "Will the Mod's/Trendy issue a statement to all of us telling how to protect ourselves?

Because they don't want other people knowing that the game is all hackers now. Honestly, how else are we supposed to know who not to trust. I play private now. I don't trust anyone on the game except my out of game friends that I play with. There is absolutely no way to protect ourselves anymore. I think I might actually stop playing this game. It's getting way out of hand.

Yes, report the hackers like Victoryoftheppl suggested so that Trendy can do absolutely nothing about it and they can close the helpful threads and ban the only people trying to play legit. I love this game, but these forums are getting ridiculous. It's like it's being run by a bunch of kids. If there's a problem they can't handle they try to bury it under crap in hopes it will be forgotten rather than actually working to some solution. And no Trendy, your broken report system isn't fixing any problems, clearly.

In the wise words of a moderator Immortal-D "This has devolved into all kinds of stupid. /closed"
I would like to say your comment has devolved into all kinds of stupid Victoryoftheppl.

After reading follow-up posts: As much as we would all love to sound off, let's remain "civil" as this post would for sure be closed.

Also, I don't want anyone else banned so please choose your words carefully. I take that back, I'd love for a couple people to be banned. The cheaters and all of you taking my much-needed chain armor. lol

dont worry everyone every time i say something i get BANNED, so quit your crying and play local or on private with ppl you know costume match is just a joke know, my tavern was apparently copied and i lost it on console ( general discusion ) and was banned probably with in the first 5 min i posted, trendy doesnt care about your problems there more worried about the computer version ( which is stupid because pc version sucks thats why half came to console )

they dont want these issues to be discussed so it doesnt freak new future players away but i think everybody has a right to know what they pay for

there more worried about the computer version ( which is stupid because pc version sucks thats why half came to console )

i chuckled

I just want to say, if you don't want your tavern or items copied/taken; don't make pubs or play with anyone you can't truly trust. This forum is corrupt as it is.

Since I started the thread I'll take it that you're referring to me when you say "...stop you're crying and play local or on private...". I don't cry, but my son has when someone duped him over about 9 months ago.

Playing local, that's generally all I do anymore. As far as going "Private", well until your post that was when I USED to trade with you. lol, PSN: Baileywilltod

It's obvious why it was closed. Power tripping control freaks. Similar to the hall monitor at grade school. No real power over anything. The fact you can't discuss glitches or exploits here is beyond stupid. If you don't want them discussed patch and fix the issues. But they're in the game so lets discuss them. I play legit and rarely trade and if what I read here happens to me I'd be livid. So discussion will bring prevention cause censorship sure as hell ain't stopping it. Leave out profanity for the youngsters and what's the problem with freedom of speech? Let me guess its a privilege to be here lol one I probably no longer have.

duping is ruining the community, now you can't be safe trading, so thats almost out. and now ppl come into our taverns and dupe, now u have to play private or have a blank tavern. with tavern duping it's hard to meet new ppl because you can only play private

You shouldn't be mad at the mods, their told what to do by the people you should really be mad at.

I wonder if the moderator position was advertised as "Take crap for our mistakes" they can talk about the cost and effort of making fixes but even stuff on the forum like the images per post limit they still haven't fixed and that's a 30 second job that costs nothing.

If a broken game can still be this addictive imagine what the same bug free game could be....

You shouldn't be mad at the mods, their told what to do by the people you should really be mad at.

I wonder if the moderator position was advertised as "Take crap for our mistakes" they can talk about the cost and effort of making fixes but even stuff on the forum like the images per post limit they still haven't fixed and that's a 30 second job that costs nothing.

If a broken game can still be this addictive imagine what the same bug free game could be....

Images per post was changed quite a bit ago :) http://dungeondefenders2.com/forum/showthread.php?98554-5-10-13-Changes-Images-and-Spoilers

------------------------

@OP: As for the reason the thread was closed was because it was seen as a start towards discussing how the hacking/exploit/etc works as that's how threads like that normally start and such discussion is a no no. Don't really want to discuss it because then people may come across it and be like "well I could do that as well" sort of deal. Victory was just being a bit preventive especially since someone was offering to say how its done. (which I just needed to remove that line)

The specific issue itself is known and exists on all platforms. Things like this can happen when all game data is handled locally and people have easy open access to their saves. If you believe someone is hacking it's best to report them as more reports of the same bad person will show up as a huge red flag in their systems.

PS3: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/218

XBOX 360: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/abuse/

@OP: As for the reason the thread was closed was because it was seen as a start towards discussing how the hacking/exploit/etc works as that's how threads like that normally start and such discussion is a no no. Don't really want to discuss it because then people may come across it and be like "well I could do that as well" sort of deal.

First off, I appreciate your response.

Is it possible to have a discussion on what to watch out for without discussing the main issue?

Are there signs or indicators that the exploit may be taking place?
Can they get into and take your inventory?

You may not have these answers, but this is what we're looking for. Help answering our questions. Players can discuss this one-on-one, but then it all becomes rumors.

Guess we're looking for answers other than "Play local/private" or "report the person". Usually when we report the person it's too late, our taverns have already been ransacked.

Thanks again.

i agree with ice here. if everbody knows how its done it would be a disaster, but i can say this without breaking rules keep your stuff in your item box or on your characters and u will be safe DO NOT HOST WITH ANYTHING YOU WANT TO KEEP DISPLAYED IN YOUR TAVERN. im not sure if secret room is safe so keep it all in item box.

People that want to cheat find out how one way or another. People that don't know how others are cheating get taken advantage of. That's was my thinking and why I made the thread.
The rules were made when trendy was still trying to fix the game, and with that in mind the rules made sense. The rules should now be modified IMO but they haven't, and that's not the moderators fault. I was only given a warning and the post was locked not deleted, so what does that tell you :)

People that want to cheat find out how one way or another. People that don't know how others are cheating get taken advantage of. That's was my thinking and why I made the thread.
The rules were made when trendy was still trying to fix the game, and with that in mind the rules made sense. The rules should now be modified IMO but they haven't, and that's not the moderators fault. I was only given a warning and the post was locked not deleted, so what does that tell you :)

And thank you very much for that warning.

Images per post was changed quite a bit ago :) http://dungeondefenders2.com/forum/showthread.php?98554-5-10-13-Changes-Images-and-Spoilers

------------------------

@OP: As for the reason the thread was closed was because it was seen as a start towards discussing how the hacking/exploit/etc works as that's how threads like that normally start and such discussion is a no no. Don't really want to discuss it because then people may come across it and be like "well I could do that as well" sort of deal. Victory was just being a bit preventive especially since someone was offering to say how its done. (which I just needed to remove that line)

The specific issue itself is known and exists on all platforms. Things like this can happen when all game data is handled locally and people have easy open access to their saves. If you believe someone is hacking it's best to report them as more reports of the same bad person will show up as a huge red flag in their systems.

PS3: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/218

XBOX 360: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/abuse/

its not like wellhiya was telling us how it was done just what to look out for and what to be aware of its not like hes breaking it up step by step and explaining it

Yeah how are we supposed to know whats going on if we can't discuss anything that's going on? This forums moderators are just out of control IMHO and if any of them have a problem with me saying that too bad. I call them how I see them.

I guess that's why they are Moderators and not Advisers because they are not helpful and or willing to help with issues that we bring up/present to them. They moderate the info and only allow what they can control and are allowed to reveal. Things/info that should be common knowledge to us players(Its obvious that THEY the moderators know whats going on because they close anything that is remotely close to discussing the issues we are trying to figure out) that should be known are squashed and the threads closed. Its just ridiculous and I'm tired of putting up with it and being treated like a mushroom.

I'm sure I'll be "disciplined" for this but so be it.

Peace

I'm going to ask for the thread to be closed. Don't see us going anywhere with the way this is headed.

At some point we need to stop the bickering and just try to get some help/answers.

One post where we stay on topic abiding by their rules.