Sign in to follow this  
niugget

5.22.13 Fill in the Blank Forum Contest! [Update] Winners Revealed

Hi everyone! Time to get creative with our new fill in the blank forum contest.

Fill in the blank to the following sentence to enter the contest. We will be accepting submissions till Friday, May 24th at 1 pm EDT, winners will receive DD2 beta codes. Submissions will be judged on creativity and originality. Don't forget to check back daily for new contests!

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw _______, then the ogres spawned and I _______.

Good luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to everyone who participated, I had a lot of fun reading your submissions. Congrats to the following winners:

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw The Old One, The Kraken, The Genie King, and The Spider Queen heading towards me, then the ogres spawned and I rage quit for the rest of the night.

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw "Low Internet Connectivity" popup, then the ogres spawned and I wondered why I still have dial up. :kobold:

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw some ogresses dancing around, then the ogres spawned and I witnessed what the Ogres party hat is for.

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I sawed a big hole in the floor all the way around it, then the ogres spawned and I just stepped back.

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw a pulsing, orange trap on the ground, then the ogres spawned and I watched as they set the trap off, causing serious fire damage to nearby enemies.

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw buzzards circling overhead, then the ogres spawned and I turned them into carcasses to feed the birds.

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw a Sloth eating a taco, Then the Ogre spawned and then I ate the Sloth's taco.

while i was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw a tree grow from the ground ever so slowly and eventually circled the entire Crystal, protecting it, then the ogres spawned and I jumped into the canopy and started picking the ogres off, one by one while throwing down traps onto the floor to quicken the pace.

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw a dimensional rift open up and I remembered when my friends were grabbed by monsters and were thrown in one. I thought I could of saved my friends, but in the end I failed. Then the ogres spawned and I was ready to fight, but my heart wasn't into it. All of a sudden a trio of my friends came out of the rift. They looked at me smiling and I smiled back. We then all faced towards the ogres and we knew it was ogre crushing time. The scene pauses with all of us rushing towards the ogres in our fighting poses.

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw The Old One, The Kraken, The Genie King, and The Spider Queen heading towards me, then the ogres spawned and I rage quit for the rest of the night.

while i was guarding the eternia crystal, i saw the old one, the kraken, the genie king, and the spider queen heading towards me, then the ogres spawned and i rage quit for the rest of the night.
lol..

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw Junbao join the game, then the ogres spawned and I felt sorry for those poor ogres about to die.

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw the demon lord, he landed on me, then the ogres spawned and I raged so hard.

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw the demon lord, he landed on me, then the ogres spawned and I raged so hard.

Draemn?

Lets head to real creativity.

While i was guarding the eternia crystal i saw nothing, then the ogres spawned and i did.

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw Laura, then the ogres spawned and I couldn't bring myself to launch the cowtapult.

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw "Low Internet Connectivity" popup, then the ogres spawned and I wondered why I still have dial up. :kobold:

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw a bean bag chair, a totem pole and maracas in the hands of a goblin juggler which appeared to be distraught due to personal issues involving the dark elves racing towards him, then the ogres spawned and I took the maracas and threw them at the bean bag chair, which exploded and sent beans everywhere, made a huge mess and caused the ogres the knock over the totem pole; there were no survivors.

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw a player named Chuck Norris Entered the Game, then the ogres spawned and I was Shocked that the Ogres and all the other Monsters rage quit and and The world was Peaceful Once Again....The End.

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw dead orcs, then the ogres spawned and I prayed for a twist ending.

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw some ogresses dancing around, then the ogres spawned and I witnessed what the Ogres party hat is for.

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw, approaching from above, an extremely large flying machine. I began to shout out orders to my fellow guardians, then the ogres spawned and I realized my commands were far too late...

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw the Tavernkeep. He was standing a few feet away behind the bar where he usually stands, staring off into the distance and cracking jokes to no-one in particular. I felt a little bad for him, so I sauntered on over and had a seat.

"So ah... what's on tap?" I asked, genuinely curious, as I had never ordered a drink at the tavern before.

"I can withstand any kobold blast." he replied with intensity. I sat there for a moment, puzzled, trying to make heads or tails of his response.

"Is that some kind of drink?" I chuckled, attempting to make light of my own confusion.

"Can you even see over the bar?" he said with a totally unwarranted helping of exasperation. I thought I had possibly offended him, so I held up my hands in a calming gesture.

"Look, I uh... I didn't mean anything by it. How about food? What do you serve here?"

"I make the best sandwiches in all of Etheria," he boasted.

"Now that's what I'm talking about! A sandwich it is then! Everything on it! On second thought, hold the.." I trailed off as three new patrons lumbered into the tavern. One was green, one was red, and one was purple. And they were all very large and very smelly...

"Ogres," I snarled, stood, and readied my weapon. They paid me no mind and, to my shock, all sat down at a table. At this point, I had to take a moment and sort out what was most confounding about this situation. One, the fact that neither of the three were attempting to pound me into pudding. Two, the lack of interest they had in the Eternia Crystal which hovered by the fireplace (a scant few yards away from them). Or three, the physical impossibility of those tiny wooden chairs supporting their odoriferous mass. Now that's fine craftsmanship! I thought to myself. Then I noticed all the ogres were staring at me and I realized I had actually said that out loud. I blushed a little and sat back down at the bar.

I leaned in toward the Tavernkeep and whispered, "You want some help with these guys?"

"Dark Elf Warriors know not to attack me," he said in all seriousness.

I wrinkled my nose in frustration, "How can you not know those are ogres? Look, it doesn't matter... if things start going south, you grab one of those weapons behind you and cover the crystal. I'll handle the ogres."

"All of me weapons are super-effective against goblins," he insisted.

"Are you messing with me! These are ogres! You..." and it was then that I finally caught the bald man's vacant stare and a realization washed over me. "You're a few trophies short of an achievement, aren't you? Well, fear not. I've got this covered."

Having no idea what was about to transpire, I spun around ready for a fight, then the ogres spawned and I dropped my weapon, leapt onto the bar, and screamed "GROSS! I can NOT believe you just spawned all over the tavern! That's disgusting! That's immoral! That's... That's...!"

I could see the ogres weren't moving. Their shoulders drooped low, and a deep shame shown in their three collective eyes. I guess I really embarrassed them... As the awkward silence stretched on and my horror abated, guilt crept up on me.

"Awww... C'mon guys. That's not what I meant. Everybody spawns once in awhile, right?" I laughed sheepishly and glanced over to the Tavernkeep for support.

"Brown is realistic." he admitted with a nod.

"Riiight... anyway, it's perfectly natural. Just... not in public. Listen, there's a room upstairs you can use. Just uh... just clean up when you're done, OK?" I barely finished speaking when the door to my room slammed shut. I had never seen three ogres move so fast.

"No spell casting!" the Tavernkeep called after them. This poor guy was obviously out of his gourd. Best just to humor him.

"Yeah! No spell casting!" I agreed with a smile. I brushed a little ogre spawn off my armor and sat back down at the bar. "I think I'll pass on that sandwich."

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw in my mind's eye a future in which I shared the battlefield with those among me today, yet rather than fighting to correct a silly, past mistake, we fight alongside each other in the crusade to purge this world of evil forever... then the ogres spawned and I jumped into the fray, with a bloodlust enough to make our mentors proud of us, even in our foolish ways.

While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw the Tavernkeep. He was standing a few feet away behind the bar where he usually stands, staring off into the distance and cracking jokes to no-one in particular. I felt a little bad for him, so I sauntered on over and had a seat.

"So ah... what's on tap?" I asked, genuinely curious, as I had never ordered a drink at the tavern before.

"I can withstand any kobold blast." he replied with intensity. I sat there for a moment, puzzled, trying to make heads or tails of his response.

"Is that some kind of drink?" I chuckled, attempting to make light of my own confusion.

"Can you even see over the bar?" he said with a totally unwarranted helping of exasperation. I thought I had possibly offended him, so I held up my hands in a calming gesture.

"Look, I uh... I didn't mean anything by it. How about food? What do you serve here?"

"I make the best sandwiches in all of Etheria," he boasted.

"Now that's what I'm talking about! A sandwich it is then! Everything on it! On second thought, hold the.." I trailed off as three new patrons lumbered into the tavern. One was green, one was red, and one was purple. And they were all very large and very smelly...

"Ogres," I snarled, stood, and readied my weapon. They paid me no mind and, to my shock, all sat down at a table. At this point, I had to take a moment and sort out what was most confounding about this situation. One, the fact that neither of the three were attempting to pound me into pudding. Two, the lack of interest they had in the Eternia Crystal which hovered by the fireplace (a scant few yards away from them). Or three, the physical impossibility of those tiny wooden chairs supporting their odoriferous mass. Now that's fine craftsmanship! I thought to myself. Then I noticed all the ogres were staring at me and I realized I had actually said that out loud. I blushed a little and sat back down at the bar.

I leaned in toward the Tavernkeep and whispered, "You want some help with these guys?"

"Dark Elf Warriors know not to attack me," he said in all seriousness.

I wrinkled my nose in frustration, "How can you not know those are ogres? Look, it doesn't matter... if things start going south, you grab one of those weapons behind you and cover the crystal. I'll handle the ogres."

"All of me weapons are super-effective against goblins," he insisted.

"Are you messing with me! These are ogres! You..." and it was then that I finally caught the bald man's vacant stare and a realization washed over me. "You're a few trophies short of an achievement, aren't you? Well, fear not. I've got this covered."

Having no idea what was about to transpire, I spun around ready for a fight, then the ogres spawned and I dropped my weapon, leapt onto the bar, and screamed "GROSS! I can NOT believe you just spawned all over the tavern! That's disgusting! That's immoral! That's... That's...!"

I could see the ogres weren't moving. Their shoulders drooped low, and a deep shame shown in their three collective eyes. I guess I really embarrassed them... As the awkward silence stretched on and my horror abated, guilt crept up on me.

"Awww... C'mon guys. That's not what I meant. Everybody spawns once in awhile, right?" I laughed sheepishly and glanced over to the Tavernkeep for support.

"Brown is realistic." he admitted with a nod.

"Riiight... anyway, it's perfectly natural. Just... not in public. Listen, there's a room upstairs you can use. Just uh... just clean up when you're done, OK?" I barely finished speaking when the door to my room slammed shut. I had never seen three ogres move so fast.

"No spell casting!" the Tavernkeep called after them. This poor guy was obviously out of his gourd. Best just to humor him.

"Yeah! No spell casting!" I agreed with a smile. I brushed a little ogre spawn off my armor and sat back down at the bar. "I think I'll pass on that sandwich."

Uhm... what just happened...?

Uhm... what just happened...?

tl;dr - While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw the Tavernkeep and had a weird conversation with him, then the ogres spawned and I got grossed out.

tl;dr - While I was guarding the Eternia Crystal, I saw the Tavernkeep and had a weird conversation with him, then the ogres spawned and I got grossed out.

Oh no, I read it. I just... wut...