Sign in to follow this  
SporadicInanity

*Possible Spoilers* Who are the rest of the Heroes?

So now we officially have 8 heroes in the roster, thus knocking out 1/3 of the total. If anybody else is like me, they've already guessed several more from looking at the silhouettes in the Heroes page. From guessing there, watching the videos and breaking them down with several pause clicks per second, and using the compiled sources from gotrunks712's informational thread (found herehttp://dungeondefenders2.com/forum/showthread.php?95944-SPOILERS-What-do-we-know-about-DD2) I've managed to guess, most often correctly, who all of these heroes are.

I'm posting this a mostly for fun thread for guessing who the new heroes are from the little information we have. Any discussion is welcome as well in deciding who is who on the page. I'll break it down by columns so I don't clutter up the page with long lines of names or possible names and mark them as revealed only if they have been introduced using the "Meet the _____" official posts. I will put in alphabetical superscripts with a little bit of my reasoning down below(I'm bad at finding other threads that I saw the info/hints from. I'm better at retaining the info than remembering where it came from. I'll cite it when I find it. Please don't get made if I'm using your info. Not like I'll try to take credit for it.) There are still lots of names and heroes that I have no ideas about, but pitch in if you do. Here we go, from left to right:

Column 1 : Apprentice (revealed) - Orc Chieftain (revealed) - Crystalline Knight

Column 2 : Possible knife-throwing guy[SUP]a[/SUP]May also be Ranger but doubtful - Prisoner (revealed) - Lavamancer

Column 3 : Kobold King - Rider (revealed) - Shaman/Spirit Warrior[SUP]b[/SUP] - Druid[SUP]c[/SUP]

Column 4 : Man and Machine (revealed) - SeriesEV - Gun Witch - Barbarian (revealed)

Column 5 : Monk - Squire (revealed) - Tank[SUP]d[/SUP] - Huntress (revealed)

Column 6 : Mystic[SUP]e[/SUP] - Spider Princess - No name idea[SUP]f[/SUP]

Column 7 : Necromancer - Summoner[SUP]g[/SUP] - No name idea [SUP]h[/SUP] Countess if Ranger is in

a - So I don't see all four of the "gender bender" guys in here. In fact I see TWO that MIGHT be in, but I doubt it all if not all of them are in. Jester doesn't appear to be in at all, so let's just call this guy the Ranger for now.

b - In the competitive teaser trailer the Squire the second group of battling Heroes he runs by appears to be the Necromancer and this guy, the Spirit Warrior. He's wearing a mask, has big purple hair, and is attacking the Necromancer with blue energy, which is often likened to "spirit attacks" in fantasy.

c - I originally thought this was the Jester. I instantly changed my mind after going through the Man and Machine showcase video a few hundred times. At the team fight near the barracks at one base (the snowy side) a plant-like hero appears and starts casting some attacks while retreating. This is most definitely the Druid, as this name was above her head in all of the stills I got with the pause button.

d - I got the name and idea from a poster on gotrunks712's thread. It was posted by OceanArtist. All credit to them.

e - This character is found in a picture found here http://stickskills.com/2013/03/30/pax-east-on-dungeon-defenders-iis-transition-to-a-moba/. He is the middle character. Before discovering the name I found this character in the Competitive reveal trailer as well, fighting the Spider Princess in the 4th group that the Squire bypasses. He uses a floating ball/crystal apparatus and has that small headress, which I quickly located in among the silhouettes shortly afterward.

f - This guy/thing really bothers me. It's the only one that I have no idea what it is. There was a MS paint contest involving the picture which involved some hilarious interpretations, but that still sheds no light on who/what it actually is.

g - Summoner is seen briefly off in the distance in the Apprentice's showcase video. He is better seen approaching the :demon: fight and uses his ultimate ability, referenced by the (awesome) narrator. I could tell this was him by the large pauldrons he wears. Even though it cannot be seen in the silhouette, the Summoner floats around and has a big circular apparatus on his back.

h - This one is very difficult for me, like f. My only guess is that it may be the Countess, but I only see this happening if at least one other "gender bender" hero makes it in. My reasoning for it being the Countess is that the left part of the picture appears to be the silhouette of a pauldron that has a metal part that goes up the sides of the neck. The Countess wore these kinds of pauldrons in the previous game. http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111204185404/dundef/images/d/db/Countess.png

On a related note, there have been images of this little doll-like girl, "BratWitch", with a little star wand and seemingly possessed bunny doll companion. She has pointed ears and a rather obvious hat, so I couldn't locate her in the silhouettes. I have a few theories about who this mysterious character may be. She may be a Hero slated for a later release, since Trendy announced that there will be more than the initial 24 Heroes that will be released one at a time at certain intervals. My best guess, however is that she may be a jungle creep or NPC who can be interacted with in the jungle. My reasoning is from my media evidence yet again. In the teaser video, the Squire first runs past the shop, where the Huntress and Monk are looking through the items there, so he is starting in the base. Then this little girl is messing around with the bunny doll, which is walking like a cliche zombie, near the road from the forest/jungle, and the Squire runs by her as well before he attempts to bypass the fights in the middle of the map. Also in this screenshot, found on the media page, she is seen in close proximity to wolves, who will most definitely be jungle creeps. http://cdn5.dungeondefenders2.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/BratWitchCreep1.jpg

To conclude, I hope I get some feedback on these unknowns but I also don't hope to get this thread taken down. I'm not trying to spoil anything that technically hasn't already been spoiled. I've just spent lots of time rewinding and pausing the videos and digging through the few available pictures and I've only guessed wrong on the Prisoner so far. I'm just curious like that. I'm only looking forward to some discussion and ideas, but if this information (all guesses) somehow threatens the method of releasing this info, then go ahead and take it down. I just feel like sharing this stuff since I've been guessing and looking around since the start.

Looks like you did some good detective work and speculation. I can't confirm any of your guesses beyond what you have down, but good work :)

Here's hoping that someone doesn't just jump in and post a list of the names...

I'll send you a pm of the chars in a bit.
Edit: It looks like my mom or dad threw away the slip with all the char names sorry.

[QUOTE]Column 2 : Possible knife-throwing guyaMay also be Ranger but doubtful - Prisoner (revealed) - Lavamancer
[/QUOTE]

That is indeed the Ranger. Elf ears + slightly long hair makes it the Ranger. If I could confirm it with a source, I would, but you'll just have to trust me on that.

And column three, last character does indeed look like the Jester, possibly the Male version. Most likely the male version, in fact.

That is indeed the Ranger. Elf ears + slightly long hair makes it the Ranger. If I could confirm it with a source, I would, but you'll just have to trust me on that.

And column three, last character does indeed look like the Jester, possibly the Male version. Most likely the male version, in fact.
There is no Jester from what I rember.

That would be kind of cruddy because they have all the other DLC characters.
I think they may have had the ranger but the rest of the difernt gender dlc chars they don't have.

At first I thought so, too. That is definitely the Druid though and I have proof. During the teamfight starting at 2:07 in the Man and Machine showcase video, I spammed the pause button to figure out who all of the 10 participating heroes were, just in case there was one I haven't seen before. A curious looking hero showed up to the left of the M&M and casted some spells so I paused it there and increased the visual quality to see the name. It's most definitely the Druid and those things on the back of her head are roots, not a jester hat.

The List

I'm pretty sure the confirmed name for the hero in column 3 at the bottom is the Dryad. There's a pretty big difference. If you look close at the pre-alpha footage you can see she is very plant-like and seems to have summoned a couple of shroomites, which could be a spell. I would also like to point out this thread:(edit:sorry didn't notice it reference in op)
On the hero page, based on TotalBiscuit's vid and the stuff in gotrunk's thread, in reading order (left to right) the silhouettes should be something like: Hunter, KoboldKing, Monk, Mystic, Necromancer, EV MkII, Spider Princess, Summoner, CrystallineKnight, Lavamancer, Spirit Warrior, GunWitch, ?, ?, Countess, and Dryad.
The 2 ? were the ones not at PAX Dark Shaman and Tank (as you mentioned). There was someone that named these in another thread. I remember a thread where the male elf was specifically named the Hunter and not the ranger because it is a different character. In oNightPineberries' video he claims the countess returns but I didn't see his source. I think Totalbiscuit's vid combined with gotrunk's thread and this one pretty much lists them all. This thread pointed out a lot I did not know. Here's something I didn't see anyone else comment on: Could the Tank be one of the two guys at 1:09 in the pre alpha footage. There's 1 to the huntress' right and 1 in gold armor in the distance. Edit: OK I saw the name druid at 2:17 in Man and Machine's video. She still has shroomites following her there too, so they most likely a spell. Thanks for pointing her out in the thread. The characters I hope they make a post on are her and the Summoner. They look like the only two pet-based classes so far.

Okay, okay, okay. You guys are killing me here. Go to hero page. Right click a hero icon. Select 'Inspect Element' and you'll get a fancy little inspector bar on the bottom of your screen. And you know what is going to be right smack dab in the middle of that? The Hero name. Probably because it is alternate text for the picture or something like that.

That's right.

We've known all of the current Heroes since we've had a Hero page. It was never a mystery. There are no spoilers. There is no guesswork. It is right there for ANYONE to see. I won't bother listing every Hero. Just go look it up yourself, it'll take you half a minute.

Kthnxbai.

EDIT: And there is NO Jester yet. I'm hurt as much as anyone here. We can all go cry together and stuff. Seriously. It's sad.

Thanks for being a killjoy. -.-

Well, I've never bothered checking them using the 'inspect element' function and I've managed to guess all of these heroes without it. I've always considered it but what's the fun in that?

I think the reason they are hesitant to release the Jester is that her presents would have to be (maybe completely) reworked just because of the unreliability of what you get from them increasing possibly more than tenfold because of the sheer amount of content that will be released day one. If she would have the same mechanics her presents would be able to spawn almost a hundred different types of defenses (many of which will be extremely unique or niche) among the other things they could spawn, which will include even more enemies as well.

She'd need a big rework if she were to be released. Either that or her random factor will have to be reimagined to better fit the flow of DD2's co op. Her random factor could still make for a very interesting MOBA character though, where being lucky is all you would need.