More than 2 Abilities and 5 Towers?

Would you rather see a core set of actions like the original, or a wider variety with overlapping effects? Given the number of Heroes available, I think some overlap is inevitable. While I chose 'every Hero should have a mix of Abilities & Towers' in the co-op survey (no one-sided Heroes like Summoner & Barbarian), I think the number of Heroes could actually make that style work. I would definitely like to see a greater amount of choices for each Hero's Abilities/Towers, but I think the sheer number of Heroes could allow some of them to be specialized without unbalancing the cooperative game. Thoughts?

I'd rather have more abilities per char, maybe 2 unique abilities, and 1 ability that is used among a certain type of chars. However, with 20+ chars, I'd say 5 is fine.

I'd rather have more abilities per char, maybe 2 unique abilities, and 1 ability that is used among a certain type of chars. However, with 20+ chars, I'd say 5 is fine.

I gotta agree. Even keeping the 5 towers, 2 powers formula... that is tons more work to do with a planned 24 heroes on release. And probably more after. One thing I'd like however is one ability stat. Ability 1 and 2 affected by a single stat, instead of two different ability stats. That always seemed off and weird to me. Also like a shameless stat drain.

id rather see an overlap in abilities, or similar abilities with just slight modifications on them. like 2 people have a harpoon, but one of them does lower base damage but also has an explosion splash on hit.

with the abilities score, it was intentional to keep them separate, because they dont want omnipotent players. that kinda got disregarded when stats started to inflate to the levels they got to.

I would like to see a wider range of "enhancements" to Towers. I'll post a new thread in DDII suggestions, to broaden what I mean by this.

With 24 characters I think the same setup would do just fine with 5 defenses and two abilities. Do a little math and that will end up being 120 defenses and 48 abilities, given that there is no overlap or shared abilities. I wouldn't mind each character getting one more ability, but with how much there will be upon release the game should have very specialized characters and half of what makes DD so much fun is combining your efforts with other players and seeing the interaction between different defenses. The roster will triple with this game along with new features, so just finding a few characters with abilities I really like would be reason enough for me to purchase them.