Most likely not.

Sad to hear, hope they don't go the way of most f2p games, where you purchase every little part of the game, which would equal $100's of dollars.

If it works like similar titles, there will be bundles for "all launch character classes" and plenty of other bundle configurations. And possibly an all-encompassing bundle. But it will, of course, be nowhere as cheap as $60. F2P games like this, if executed right, will mean the folks that want to buy/unlock everything solely with cash will spends hundreds of dollars doing so. And plenty of people are willing to, if the game is good. While people will also have the choice to play and progress in the game without spending a cent. So in the end it balances out.

Sad to hear, hope they don't go the way of most f2p games, where you purchase every little part of the game, which would equal $100's of dollars.

It most likely will be exactly like that. Just for your information, a capitalist investment firm has spend 18.2 million on them afterall and they want their money's worth.

If it works like similar titles, there will be bundles for "all launch character classes" and plenty of other bundle configurations. And possibly an all-encompassing bundle. But it will, of course, be nowhere as cheap as $60. F2P games like this, if executed right, will mean the folks that want to buy/unlock everything solely with cash will spends hundreds of dollars doing so. And plenty of people are willing to, if the game is good. While people will also have the choice to play and progress in the game without spending a cent. So in the end it balances out.

It really comes down to what kind of "F2P" it will be, there are some where you truly don't have to buy stuff or most of the stuff bought is purely vanity stuff and such. There's also the other side like the Facebook games for example which are solely made to rip off people, it remains to be seen how this game end up.

That being said, no game is worth 100's of dollars, no game.

I wouldn't expect the characters to be more than 4$ a piece, and I don't see Trendy adding more than 40. Also, I would guess that after about 3-4 hours of playing, you would be able to afford to unlock another character. So it would be 150~ hours of playing the game (about two weeks for hardcore ppl :D), or 150$~ BTW, this is all me guessing :D Of course, if you buy all the cosmetics and bonus stuff, you could easily spend 500$+ on the game. And there are some people that will do that

Trendy stated they expect players to spend the same amount on DD2 that what they spent on DD1. And DD1 was often on sale on steam, many DLCs were free on the first week...
Everything right now is pure speculation, but why expect a change in Trendy policy?

It's free to play meaning you can spend hundreds of dollars for cosmetics and such or you can spend 0$ for the same content earned through playing the game. It works for DOTA 2 and League and I don't see any problems with that system.

Edit: Well not so much for LoL because you can't earn skins but still you get to play the game and everything without paying a dime.

I wouldn't expect the characters to be more than 4$ a piece, and I don't see Trendy adding more than 40.

Their brains would melt from the creative thought required to make the tower set up of the 41th hero unique. Or they could go the Japan method and make the towers so ridiculously crazy that they lose all sense of coherence. Although kawaii pink bunny towers that shoot rainbows out of their eyes are actually a pretty neat idea come to think of it.

In either case, I support a 'retail' game that comes with all the heroes at launch, but it'd probably be more sensibly released as small 'hero packs' that come with a handful of launch heroes at a lower price. Like maybe a 'Hero's Destiny' pack that includes the Knight, Huntress, Mage, and Monk. Would be a great way to encourage spending without getting everything at once at a single price. Would just need to ensure that heroes don't overlap so people don't wind up wasting money on some of the packs.

Just an idea.