dd moba or tower def? what is best?

They're making it both, Co-op Tower Defence Mode and PvP MOBA Mode. Its not one or the other, you can have the cake and eat it too in this case.

I'm sure I'll enjoy both. I'm looking forward to seeing if the cooperative (Tower Defense) mode has lower map times. I hate trying to farm gear for 2 1/2 hours just to get trash dropping in DD1. The MOBA looks like it'll be fun and enjoyable. I'm looking forward to being able to play a 30 minute game and be done with it.

Why is this question even being asked?

A) We know nothing about either
B) They aren't exactly competing ideas, and they aren't exclusive either (see Nako-Chan)

I think you all may be taking this question the wrong way. I think the OP wants to know which part you are looking forward to most. We all know Trendy is trying to sell it as a dual purpose game, but lets face it there will be people who only want to play one part of it. Since I totally stink at any PVP games I will most likely never even as much as look at the MOBA part of DDII, but in fairness I wont write it off either. There has been a PVP element to DD for some time so it was right to develop that further. I hope though for people who like the Tower defence part like me wont be left with poorer gear since we dont play the MOBA (Trendy have hinted that gear can be transferred between the 2 modes). They have suggested that for those who are newer to MOBAS (me for 1) will have less of lerning curve so if your a total noob you wont drag everyone else down (I hope) and maybe stage it so those who are new are not pitted against the elite of the pack with a distinct disadvantage. If they manage to pull off a MOBA which is friendly and fun and not full of elitism and jerks I might be prepared to give it a go. I hope they build on the strategy element and not a brute strength approach, since to me strategy is what Dungeon Defenders is all about.

Co-Op because it's what the game should truly be about. There are plenty of Moba out there most of whom failed horrible due to the market being overcrowded but only a very few games similar to DD Co-Op.

Co-Op because it's what the game should truly be about. There are plenty of Moba out there most of whom failed horrible due to the market being overcrowded but only a very few games similar to DD Co-Op.

This is a very good point, but in addition to this I would like to see what Trendy has up their sleeves to separate itself from the other MOBAs. What is great about creating two games in one is that Trendy can focus on the co-op portion, which they know is good, and improve upon, while also taking a look at developing an entire different game. As a company, this is a terrific plan for increasing their player base, which I am sure is their main goal. I am interested in the MOBA simply because Trendy as developed an opportunity to do what they want with it because they will always have their amazing co-op gameplay.

I don't like mobas, but I imagine it will be the better part of DD2 since it seems they're mostly neglecting the tower defense mode in favor of moba which will make them money.

I don't need the moba at all. In fact, i'm kind of worried that they won't pull enough income to support the tower defense portion of the game. I'm all about resuming the storyline from DD and hunting for items like there's no tomorrow. If I get into beta I'll play a lot of the moba, or if they make it so the moba can help you with the tower defense. But this is a tower defense game for me so I play on mainly playing the tower defense.

Personally, i'm more interested in tower defence part, but i don't mind have an option to play a game or two "moba style". A little bit of PvP, so i can continue to play co-op PvE with new strength.

I definately like the option of MOBA PvP but i think the core game should be like the origional

tbh i dont mind the moba side, its a decent idea for PvP and it doesnt conflict with the Co-op in any way, we havent got the co op yet so really at this point asking opinions on it is a bit pointless.

They're making it both, Co-op Tower Defence Mode and PvP MOBA Mode. Its not one or the other, you can have the cake and eat it too in this case.

Yes! Delicous, yummy cake. There are people who will like one over the other and those who will like both. I loved DD1 and to be honest, when I first heard that part of DD2 was going to be a MOBA, I was skeptical. I wasn't a big fan of MOBAs, but now I have come around to liking them. All I can say is that people try them both. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I like Coop better, but MOBA can't hurt, since it's popular nowadays. And Dungeon Defenders kind of fits the MOBA genre, because of the idea of 'defending your dungeon'. :D
As long as Trendy give us awesome Campaign and lots of Coop content - I'm happy as a cloud.