What's the point of resistance?

There is no need to bash anyone at all guys. There is even less reason to be civil even if you disagree with someone's opinion.

We all must remember that posting here, even having an account, is a privilege, not a right, and it can be revoked at anytime.

Let's get this back on topic and try and respect each other more hey? :)

When playing Medium through Insane, upgrading resistances is usually not necessary. The only time it was a game changer in the vanilla version of DunDef was during Assault. On the PC version however, when you start playing Nightmare, everything changes. Resistances go from being fairly meaningless to being absolutely essential. I haven't played Insane+ on the console ports yet, but I'd imagine it matters a decent amount there as well. Nowhere near as much as in Nightmare, as I don't think Insane+ nerfs hero damage and the like.

Wow all this controversy over resistance armor. Lol, now I remember why I hated posting on the forums. Everyone's style of play is different. Just because you can't finish a stage with a particular bulid or a certain set of armor doesn't mean that it can't be done. I used to have on resistance armor only for aqua on insane, but now I almost never use it on any insane+ map since I hit all 90s. I try to solo a lot, and what works for me on morrago+ is being able to have the boss go to the next lamp quickly and being able to kill ogres quickly. On aqua+ it's the same thing, killing ogres and sharkens quickly is top priority. Even with resistance armor and a fairy on, the kraken one shot kills you. I especially don't use resistance on misty+ because if one web hits you, it takes too long to die. If your build is good enough you dont NEED resistance.

Why is it always my posts that end up in massive arguments? Anyways, thanks for all the answers. They really helped. I'll probably make 1 set with full resists, and another for pure DPS.

As your signature implies... your presence does make an impact..

way to go man and keep defending :)

As your signature implies... your presence does make an impact..

way to go man and keep defending :)

Thank you!!! It's nice to know somebody cares :)