It depends on the base resistance but you need to hit 164 resistance points in total to have 90% resistance on nm.

So basically 41% resistance on each armor for each resistance type. Most important resis types are generic and fire. So you like to have at least 41% on both of them.

EDIT: Set bonus included :)

http://dungeondefenders2.com/forum/showthread.php?90455
That is a nice guide for armor resistances.

Resistance of 41% is required for maxing it on nightmare. Trans don`t go to 41%. Upping a trans piece from 40% takes it to 42%.

It would take 290 upgrades to get a 42%,42%,42%,38% set. That is for "normal" armor set. Normal means that the highest resist on armor is 10,11,12,13,14,16 or 18.

Damage stat should be somewehere around 210 for it to cap with resists first and 290 ups. It depends a lot how much you need to up the resists.

http://dungeondefenders2.com/forum/showthread.php?90455
That is a nice guide for armor resistances.

Resistance of 41% is required for maxing it on nightmare. Trans don`t go to 41%. Upping a trans piece from 40% takes it to 42%.

It would take 290 upgrades to get a 42%,42%,42%,38% set. That is for "normal" armor set. Normal means that the highest resist on armor is 10,11,12,13,14,16 or 18.

Damage stat should be somewehere around 210 for it to cap with resists first and 290 ups. It depends a lot how much you need to up the resists.
210? o.O

Where do you get such numbers?

The magic barrier is 41 tahts all waht you should know. If you reach 41 for generic&/fire then go on eletcric/gas as much as you can :) usually thats the resis types which dont cap :p

210? o.O

The magic barrier is 41 tahts all waht you should know. If you reach 41 for generic&/fire then go on eletcric/gas as much as you can :) usually thats the resis types which dont cap :p

Simple math. About 210 with the avarage armour piece, you often dont need mroe then 80 ups to cap res. And no, 41 is not all he should know since he was asking for capping transc armor. If you want to cap transc you dont upgrade the res evenly and you dont up fire and generic to max on all pieces.

As for OP: Do what Frets said, he pretty much got it all covered except for the 15 and 17%. You can subtract 10 ups for every 15 and 17 res you have to make the armor cap. i.e 17/17/15/15 would require 250ups to cap.

I was just referring to the requirement of 210 Hero Damage

He stated 290^, you stated 250^ to cap resis and dmg. So 170 points on Hero Damage is fine too if you are lucky enough to find an armor with high base resis.

That's all I wanted to clear.

EDIT: The lovely guy just didn't get my point of view. In the fact he was upset already because I kicked him once from my game session. Whatsoever, since he started to insult me I've reported him and he got banned here for 2 weeks. Now he continues on his Steam profile such a lovely guy is he. :)

The funny part he is saying I can't read, but did he read my posts accordingly?
So basically 41% resistance on each armor

I was just referring to the requirement of 210 Hero Damage

He stated 290^, you stated 250^ to cap resis and dmg. So 170 points on Hero Damage is fine too if you are lucky enough to find an armor with high base resis.

That's all I wanted to clear.

I said 250 if its full 15/17. entirely different then "regular" res. And 210 damage is a good estimate of the avarage 1-2 neg res armor piece.

Estimate/average are not accurate numbers you know? And what about if you are unlucky and get 3 negs and a 4th low resis type?

Whatever I give up, useless to discuss with some guys since they don't get your point ^^

Please read... 210 for the AVERAGE 1-2neg res! You are the one who dont get the point. Also you are giving him stupid tips how to up the res for it to cap. You keep talking about "41%" which doesnt even exist on transc.
Also, do you even know what 15/17 res means and why I stated 250ups?

AVERAGE 1-2neg res! maybe mean, armor type 11/12/-10/-10 witch is average from armor you was post here. average 1-2 neg res dont mean average armor you can find, but average amount of negative res. from etc. 20 armors with negative stats, witch can be maybe from -8 to -11. And maybe I dont understand again.

210? o.O

Trans goes to 42% when upped from 40%.

I said it depends how much you would need to up the resists when I said 210. It is based at 30 ups from ups beyond 23% and 50 ups to get to 23%. Sure the resists are random and there is a lot of variance on those. Lets say it is probably 210+-40 if you like it better. That would be 10-90 ups to get to 23% resists.

Love quoting myself :D

EDIT: Last try -.-

OP is not asking for the "AVERAGE". I wonder how you calculate your average.

Recent armor I have found:
Resistances 16/12/11/13 or 16/9/17/10 vs 11/-10/-16/-2.

Hopefully it is clear that you need to spent much more upgrades for the last armor to hit the magically 41% (explaining it later). Therefore there is not a required hero damage of 210. It depends much on your base resistance, too much to refer to a value of 210.

Also you don't need to hit 42% for every trans piece. As I said you just need to hit 164% in total. In total means the added values of a specific resis type of your 4 armor pieces. So you can upgrade one trans piece to 42% and the other trans piece just to 40%.

Why I'm referring to 41% or call it "magic"?
164 divided through 4 is 41. Assuming that you reach 41% for all of your armor you do not matter about anything else. If not you can compensate with other other armor. (BTW: Frets is also talking about 41%. So he must be stupid too like me I guess. No that's not mean offensive. I just took ygkyft words. You still don't get the point of my statement. I'm not discussing about the resis but about the 210 which he stated.)

Example:
I hit 90% on nightmare for all 4 resistance types with

42/36/42/36 (Generic/Poison/Fire/Lightning)
43/43/43/43
42/48/42/48
42/38/42/38
---
169/165/169/165
164/164/164/164 is required

.. Do you even read? This is what you wrote :
If you reach 41 for generic&/fire then go on eletcric/gas as much as you can

Explain to me how that is correct with transc armor?`Its completely wrong, If he does that it wont cap. end of story.
Also you don't need to hit 42% for every trans piece. As I said you just need to hit 164% in total. In total means the added values of a specific resis type of your 4 armor pieces. So you can upgrade one trans piece to 42% and the other trans piece just to 40%.

Seriously, again? DO you even read ? What part of this did you not understand?:
If you want to cap transc you dont upgrade the res evenly and you dont up fire and generic to max on all pieces.

And do you know what "avarage armorpiece means" It seems you dont. MOST pieces will have 1-2 neg res thats the AVARAGE armor piece you will encounter. Im not talking about the ones with great /horrible res. Is that simple enough for you to understand now?

Also good way to waste points and screw up the armor if yo up it like you have done. Tthere is no way transc will reach res like yours, so thats 100% irrelevant to this thread.

That's better and you still missing the variance of the upgrades :p

@ygkyft

You are pretty stubborn and didn't understand anything :D Well refuse to learn, read my posts again and at least try to understand. Accept that you need 164% in total to cap resistance on nm and not 42% on each trans armor piece. (42*4=168, you are wasting 8 upgrades for all armor pieces)

Such things from a guy who owns multiple ultimate/ultimate++ 7k-8k sets. Looks more and more fishy to me :D

At last, I would like to known your source for an AVERAGE armor piece?

An AVERAGE armor piece must be ultimate armor for you.

Oh good god. I give up, Its like talking to a brickwall covered with leadpaint. Can you read?????
Avarage armour piece (counting res) Can either be unlucky, lucky or enchanterd with 1-2 neg res. That will require about 70-100 points getting res to the cap.
Every single transc DPS set I have sold have had perfectly upgraded 90% NM res without a single wasted point. The people i trade with can vouche for that lol..

And please quote me where i say you need 42% in every res.
For the 4th time. YOU DONT UPGRADE RES EVENLY ON TRANSC AND YOU DONT MAX FIRE AND GENERIC ON EVERY PIECE LIKE YOU STATED IN YOUR FIRST POST!!!! What is so hard to understand?

Pretty pathetic if you are grown :p Go and play with your tools :p

So 30/30/30/30 is retarded? But you know that

31/31/31/31
30/30/30/30
31/31/31/31
30/30/30/30

is same as

31/31/31/28
31/31/28/31
31/28/31/31
28/31/31/31

???

Oh really? But the upgrade are not the same. To get 31/31/31/31 you need 320 ups or more. What do you think is easiest to find? 290 ups or 320?
So yes, 30/30/30/30 is retarded since you need two 320ups+ pieces.

Whats pathetic is that you cant read.

Oh yeah and you always find armor with 15/17 as base? Are you kidding me?

EDIT: That's why I said Generic/Fire first then Posion/Lightning :D

Lol are you blind for real? 15/17 will require 10ups less for each of them. Every assumption ive made is with 290^ = no 15 or 17. You still dont get the point.

Also you diddnt answar the post before. So you prefer looking for 320^armor when 290^is sufficient? Makes no sense

I prefer to look for 320^ like you for 15/17 :D

It makes no sense. There is not just white and black and actually it was never discussed about the resis. You took it as platform.

The point was the 210 :p I'll quit here :D :D Wasting my time with other things.