Anyone else not thrilled by DD2?

It was originally built as a moba and then...

a. Trendy realized no one played the beta, thousands of invites were sent, the player base continued to only remain in the single digits.
b. The outcry for co-op became louder and louder.
c. Trendy decides to create a backup plan in the form of adding on Co-op mode;

No, you are either trolling, or badly mistaken.
The tdarpg (tower defence action rpg) part of DD2 was announced at the same time as the moba, when they presented the new dd2 website, where the two parts of the game where present from day one.

Please don't call it a tdarp... That abbreviation is terrible... maybe try ATD (action tower defense) but tdarp just sounds terrible.

ATD lets the rpg part aside, a bit like orc must die, but not dungeon defenders. Maybe we should make a poll about this.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TheQuestion,

When I read your post, I had to go back and recheck that the OP was saying DD2 and not Trendy. Because honestly your latest post comes across as bashing Trendy more than bashing DD2. Why? So much of what you state isn't public and yet you post with a conviction that what you say is the truth. Especially when it is development decisions made by Trendy. The assumption then is that you work or worked for Trendy to know these things as truths which the public doesn't. But if that is the case then you finishing the post about the tragedy of the scandal just paints you as a disgruntled employee or ex-employee however justified or not justified. Whatever the case and whatever the justification your bias based on that would mean you would not give DD2 an objective evaluation.

Or another answer could be that everything you say is just fiction. And why would anyone make up something like that? Unless they were a competitor looking to knock Trendy down a peg or two.

With a fairly new forum account you could be either or something else entirely. Statements made that forums members can not verify for themselves coupled with your lack of forum history really take away from the sense of validity to the point you are trying to make. Especially when you seem to take it so personally. Why is that?

Edit: I don't care if you bash Trendy, but make it a different post so you aren't off topic and be honest about what your post is about.

Just a fan. An honest fan. I dig the fanfic though. :)

Listen, I wouldn't be checking-in on this forum every few months just to bash some random videogame company in the vast either of development companies. I'm hoping for the best from DD2 because I enjoyed DD1. This does not mean I can't be critical of the recent past though. DD2 has had plenty of mis-steps during its development cycle that merit serious discussion. Would you rather I act like someone like Ryzours, Kriptini, etc, who honestly believe DD2 was originally developed as some sore of split-pseudo genre with very little linking both worlds? Dicussing with certainty that this was the original vision? I apologize but I can't be that naive. Especially after being apart of the beta/reading the scandal reports.

I criticize in hopes to see change. In hopes DD2 can turn it around.

Cya in a few. Hope to see some good things from Trendy. We'll see...

things that are wrong.

it was announced as both MOBA and TDARPG.

A. games dont go into BETA before they are even announced to the public. sorry if you werent aware, but how could people sign up to join the beta of a game if the was no info that it even existed to anyone but those making it? and, i was in the beta, and i can tell you that your claim on the activity is simply wrong. NDA prevents me from saying more, but i can be vague and say youre wrong, by a lot. like, a lot, a lot.
B.theres not really been an outcry, anybody that can work the internet knows that the co-op is coming, and weve been given THREE videos showing it off. not to mention all the little teasers Trendy gave us a few months ago. sorry, youre wrong here too.
C.backup plan? impossible. as i said, the game was ANNOUNCED to have TDARPG and MOBA. they didnt change any plans. since youre wrong right off the start of this point, the rest of it is kinda worthless. so youre wrong three times in a row, man.

D and E i wont waste my time with, thats none of our business.

sorry, guy, but youre wrong, its just that simple.

Edit: Decided this post was mostly unhelpful simply because it looked into the past instead of discussing the possible future of DD2.

Looking forward to seeing what Trendy can bring to the table in the coming months.

Been fun.

Yes clearly people were flooded into beta, I'm not sure how the hell else you could have got in.

Edit: Decided this post was mostly unhelpful simply because it looked into the past instead of discussing the possible future of DD2.

Looking forward to seeing what Trendy can bring to the table in the coming months.

Been fun.

Your patience will definitely be rewarded! I'm sure people will enjoy playing DD2 as much as Trendy is enjoying making it :)

Your patience will definitely be rewarded! I'm sure people will enjoy playing DD2 as much as Trendy is enjoying making it :)

Your proposal is acceptable.

Quick question, will people who got into the PvP side of the beta also be able to play the Co-Op side of the beta.

Quick question, will people who got into the PvP side of the beta also be able to play the Co-Op side of the beta.

Quick question why are we still bumping this thread up?