Sign in to follow this  
evilmrfrank

A history lesson in Dungeon Defense

Some of you may know about this but I assume many do not and may find this interesting. Dungeon Defenders wasn't always the colorful toon filled game it is today. Before the days of aquanos and MistyMire, even before the days of the deeperwell there was Dungeon Defense, A prototype built in about 4 weeks time by a band of raggamuffins. Have a look! http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/DungeonDefenseDeveloperBlog.html

Some of you may know about this but I assume many do not and may find this interesting. Dungeon Defenders wasn't always the colorful toon filled game it is today. Before the days of aquanos and MistyMire, even before the days of the deeperwell there was Dungeon Defense, A prototype built in about 4 weeks time by a band of raggamuffins. Have a look! http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/DungeonDefenseDeveloperBlog.html

First time I've seen this. Thanks, Frank! :^)

Very cool, i remember this from a time back, not that post but Dungeon Defense.

Graphics look a lot more intense in the early stages of the game, before they got cartoonafide.

I read this up on wikipedia ages back, interesting to see the progression =] I bet number 2 has a lot more money put into it, i bet they dont have a record of development like this. Interesting read :)

Aye. Old memories.

I remember when The Throne Room was the final map, when familiars were introduced, when godly was the highest tier.

I remember the good old days, and whilst I'm glad Trendy have evolved the way they have, I miss the simplicity of the original Dungeon Defenders:)

Over 2,000 hours on mobile....