Discuss and vote about the current "RNG" of DD1.

Hello folks!

(Wall of text)

Me and my spouse have been playing DD1 for quite some time now, We started on the PS3 but decided to make the transfer to PC after a while. The original game was awesome, The grind was there but not to the extent that it got frustrating and disappointing. (Every survival run gave a few good pieces of armor/pets/weapons, Which actually made it worth those hours it took to complete it).

When we had completed all the maps on Insane (PC) we went over to the Nightmare-mode, Which was a real pain in the *ss, But we kept playing and got through it thanks to a handful of really helpful community members.

However, We're currently at that point where we need some really good trans/supreme items to even be able to grind/farm for.. Really good trans/supreme items.. (??)

We've been farming Aquanos & Kings Game on Survival NMHCMM many many times and about 90% of the times we've gotten nothing useful, Trans have been mostly trash, Barely any supremes (I've seen mythicals with a whole lot better stats than those we got) and we haven't even seen an ultimate yet(!!). I'd say we've made 20+ runs on each of those 2 maps and a few on Sky City.. (Aquanos is the only map we can manage ourselves, The other 2 are too hard at waves 23+ so we've gotten help with completing them)

As far as i understand; Trendy is fully aware of this problem and have been for quite some time now, But obviously they have decided to ignore it. I understand that they are busy with Dungeon Defenders 2 but to change the way the RNG works shouldn't take much time at all, If you can't re-work the whole formula then change some values for the really hard maps so that they actually give something useful each completed run..

Me and my spouse are what you would call "casual gamers", We can't play 24/7 because that we would have our butts kicked out on the street for not paying the bills.. If you get my drift..

@Trendy
Even though you are working on DD2, Please, Consider fixing the original game, Somehow.. We've only heard you talk about the RNG of DD2, But -nothing- about the RNG of DD1 and what you are going to do about it. Multiply the chance of getting better loot for the DLC maps, Remove the rollover on stats, Add some special armor reward after wave 20 and 30 (Which got a high chance of being really good) Whatever, Just do something. DD2 is still many months away..

What Eagle said.

Yes, it's annoying that when playing survival, there's a peak and then loot quality decrease. No one likes that, you're not feeling rewarded by the later waves. But really, it's just a minor annoyance. Once you've finished the game 50 times, you've finished it. If you want to finish it a 51th time, you can, but don't complain if it's boring. If you're jealous your friend has a ult set and you don't, just pretend it's trans. It doesn't change anything. Actually, that good ult are so rare is a plus for the game, it makes us farm longer. And it doesn't have a downside, as you really don't need Ult stuff.

When I'm addicted to a game to the point I put 1000 hours in it (not that often) I often stop when I'm completely disgusted by the game. But the game is still good, if the 900 first hours are fun, no? And when the game is not fun anymore, we can stop playing it. I know that's the hard part, I sometimes continued playing some games after I was fed up with them, out of habit. That's not good.

(Why do I feel compelled to reply to this kind of posts is another mystery.)

I know what u mean ryzors. I've probably put that much time into the ps3 version. Granted I have a couple of the best weapons on console (1 of them a double cap junbao), I've reached that point where there really isn't a point in trying to farm for anything better or trading for better. Hence why I came to pc

From my experience doing exactly this, rewriting the RNG (aka "fixing") would require an enourmous amount of effort. Not effort in making it work, but in redoing the values for each and every map. If you want a game with a working loot system, play the part that this randomiser was written for (ie. the original maps, no HC, insane and down). This game is on its way out the door b/c it has a sequel coming to take its place shortly that has been designed from the ground up to work. DD1 is broken b/c its been stretched beyond its design parameters, I can't see them making that particular mistake again and so DD2 coop is basically the fix everyone seems to be looking for.

Apparently people can't beat the game in trans!

More to the point, apparently most people don't know what the word challenge means.

I'm hoping this "gem system" will make it so you can use items aesthetics finally and not be stuck to accessories (or whatever clothing style items they use) from winter wonderland. Yeah, I really doubt they'll make the same mistake about RNG now that they actually know the game is going to be super popular and people will want a super hard mode, etc.

From my experience doing exactly this, rewriting the RNG (aka "fixing") would require an enourmous amount of effort. Not effort in making it work, but in redoing the values for each and every map. If you want a game with a working loot system, play the part that this randomiser was written for (ie. the original maps, no HC, insane and down). This game is on its way out the door b/c it has a sequel coming to take its place shortly that has been designed from the ground up to work. DD1 is broken b/c its been stretched beyond its design parameters, I can't see them making that particular mistake again and so DD2 coop is basically the fix everyone seems to be looking for.

More to the point, apparently most people don't know what the word challenge means.

Couldn`t they fix it by capping the quality multiplier to max for example? This way there would be no items that have rolled over stats. Only hardest waves on hardest maps would get boost this way. This options would save farming time speciailly for ultimate items. I think it is more fair to newer players since you wouldn`t want to spend as much time farming to old game. Specially since you can play DD2 soon. It would also help fixing economy for legit players. Those have a bit too slow farming speed imo and it isn`t the funniest part of the game.

Couldn`t they fix it by capping the quality multiplier to max for example?

Quality already does this. There are a grand total of 5 stats that can plausibly rollover, and not one would be changed by this.

Lol... play DD2 soon... where do you people get this horribly bad information? Yes, the MOBA should be out in 2-3 months as a guess... but the coop TD won't be out this year more likely than not.

Couldn`t they fix it by capping the quality multiplier to max for example? This way there would be no items that have rolled over stats. Only hardest waves on hardest maps would get boost this way. This options would save farming time speciailly for ultimate items. I think it is more fair to newer players since you wouldn`t want to spend as much time farming to old game. Specially since you can play DD2 soon. It would also help fixing economy for legit players. Those have a bit too slow farming speed imo and it isn`t the funniest part of the game.

CrzyRndm is 100% correct. You can easily hit the cap on the quality multiplier starting with Misty and later maps. The over roll stats aren't much more than an annoyance in how the quality label is determined. The code itself... well now that is the thing of it.

I couldn't have said it better myself.