how about a DD2 season pass.

Would anybody here buy a season pass if there were to be one so you could already have all the DLC locked in for you to receive when released.

This also would give the Trendy Team extra money to help them improve the game more not that there is much to be improved and also put money in their wallets of course :)

I highly doubt DD2 will have much paid DLC. They will rely mostly on micro-transactions, as most online F2P games don't have giant portions of the game blocked off to those who don't pay.

I honestly don't like the concept of a season pass in general. It's even worse than a preorder. You are paying ahead of time for the promise of some unknown content pack. Remember, DD2 is going to be free to play, so there probably woon't be DLC in the DD1 sense, so much as unlockable characters and items, probably closer to how a game like league of legends operates.

How bout NO?

i'm not a big fan of 'DLC' to start with, season passes are... just worse.

if a developer wants to expand the content in their game, sure. take a hint from Battlefield 2 and make an honest to god expansion pack. add enough content with the one addon to make it worth buying as an expansion pack.
don't penny everyone to death with a map here and there.

i'm not a big fan of 'DLC' to start with, season passes are... just worse.

if a developer wants to expand the content in their game, sure. take a hint from Battlefield 2 and make an honest to god expansion pack. add enough content with the one addon to make it worth buying as an expansion pack.
don't penny everyone to death with a map here and there.

To be fair, I wouldn't phrase that as "Take a hint from BF2" so much as I would want to say "Take a hint from every computer game ever that didn't come out in the last couple years." But yeah, expansion packs were so much nicer than DLC's and season passes. However, in a F2P game the only way to really make much money is with a nickel and dime cash shop. I'm just glad that they claimed everything with a mechanical benefit will be unlockable without paying money, and I hope they keep that promise.

I'm just glad that they claimed everything with a mechanical benefit will be unlockable without paying money, and I hope they keep that promise.

That's really what I don't like. If paying is just a way to get strong faster than everyone else, it will feel almost the same as cheating.

(And micro transaction puts money at the centre of the game, where it shouldn't be. That's even worse)

The new video game economy really, really sucks.
Why not keeping it like in the nineties, when you just pay for a game once and then played the full game as long as you wanted.
(Also, people backs didn't ache that much in the nineties.)

[quote]To be fair, I wouldn't phrase that as "Take a hint from BF2" so much as I would want to say "Take a hint from every computer game ever that didn't come out in the last couple years."[/quote]
maybe. BF2 was just the first thing that came to mind that had huge success with honest to god expansion packs.

[quote]However, in a F2P game the only way to really make much money is with a nickel and dime cash shop.[/quote]
this is true, but i don't mind being stoned by pennies when it's cosmetics or w/e that F2P's generally have for their income sources.
i just find it annoying to need to pay a dollar here and there for this little thing and that little thing. especially if you use Paypal for most transactions, as i do nowadays. you always need to have a couple extra windows open to verify and this and that and blah blah.

[quote]Why not keeping it like in the nineties, when you just pay for a game once and then played the full game as long as you wanted.[/quote]
well, times get more expensive. i don't despise microtransactions, provided they:
1 - stay MICROtransactions (i'm looking at you, World Of Tanks)
2 - are also things worth buying, but not things that break the balance.

come to think of it, War Thunder has an impressive balanced feel on the Golden Eagles. converting xp to rank up a country and whatnot feels very balanced and it's not crazy OP, nor is it breaking the bank. that balanced feel of getting my moneys' worth but still keeping things reasonable makes me want to spend more money. (it probably also doesn't hurt that War Thunder is a blast to play, hehe)
while i do also prefer retail games, F2P is the current trend for multiplayer games, and it's hard to make money trying to compete against free. i don't mind F2P as long as the developer still keeps all the important things in check, and if anything actually, i get to try out more games without buying them first, which is a must in my book. in the past i've wasted hundreds of dollars on games i hated after buying.
F2P games are also the hardest way to make a game IMO, and if a developer can pull of keeping a player interested and feeling like they have a reason to be there and have a fair opportunity whether they are paying or not, then that says a lot.