Sign in to follow this  
tgsbeast

How do you take care of Ogres/Goblin Copters?

Hey guys, ive just started doing aquanos survival but im having a few issues. Clearly my play style isnt working. I have sharkens knocking my physical beams out of the way, ogres at wave 20 are just smashing my minion walls apart and all the way up to wave 20 i have sneaky djins and GC's hiding round corners, sniping at my defenses. I started using gas traps but im pretty sure they dont work on ogres? and the djins never seem to be in a position where the gas traps affect them. Physical beams are much cheaper than minion walls but they keep getting headbutted by speedy *** sharkens >.< Just wanting to know your tactics for dealing with each mob.

Thanks guys :)

reflection beams vs goblin copters works on most maps
for ogers and sharkens give up on physical beams, just use archer walls and right behind the archer wall, place the mage (preferably on another buff beam).
Try some forum builds, NMHC is easy, MM on is problematic.

Gas Trap won't work on ogre, but it works on sharkens.
Gas trap + physical beam work quite well, only the ogres hit the beam, and sharkens hardly touch them.
Usually, I put a phys beam + gas trap on the path near the forge, and minion walls elsewhere. And have my summoner fast-heal the phys beam quite often. The mages are taking care of the minion walls (they are behind it usually, with a spider nearby)

And at least one reflection beam near the middle crystal.

If your archer walls are getting killed (assuming you built them with the Mage), then you may just need higher stats (focus on minion damage and health on summoner gear). The rest of your post sounds like you're missing Auras (or traps, though I prefer auras, personally). An ensnare aura is a good answer to Sharken, as the slow gives your archer walls or other towers time to kill them before they even get close. The electric auras should deal enough damage to prevent the sharken from de-summoning anything.

#1 defense vs choppers = reflect beams in front.
#2 ensnare auras... Yes, these really make choppers VERY weak :)

One other thing: While the ogres are beating on your minions, keep an eye on if you mage minion is getting hit by the ogre's ground-pound. Assuming you're using a summoner during the wave, try to find that "sweet spot" where your mage is far enough away to not get hit but still heal your minion wall (the healing range is probably larger than you think).

One other thing: While the ogres are beating on your minions, keep an eye on if you mage minion is getting hit by the ogre's ground-pound. Assuming you're using a summoner during the wave, try to find that "sweet spot" where your mage is far enough away to not get hit but still heal your minion wall (the healing range is probably larger than you think).

"sweet spot = range of a 1DU reflect beam. Healing range of a mage is about the length of a full 5 DU buff (just slightly longer I think.