Will Dungeon Defenders 2 be split screen?

Hey, dunno if this has already come up or not? The main reason i first came to dun def was that it enabled me and my mate to splitscreen play thru the entire game. Not many games are completly splitscreen'able. Will this also be the case in Dungeon Defenders 2? If not it would be a serious turn off for me and my mate :(

that be bad to downgrade the splitscreen so i hope they dont.

Btw split screen was very good and what made the split screen super in Dungeon Defender 1 is that you can actually go up to 4 players splitscreen.

It's a little differently designed than DD1, since to prevent hacking a lot more of the work will be done serverside. However, hopefully some form will still be implemented.

I know that I play this game with my kids a lot so if its not split screen then they are gonna get bored watching me play :) Do it for the kids sake Trendy!

So glad im not the only one who is really hoping for split screen! I know people abuse it.... With the whole making one of their chars leech to get the exp. But at the same time it really is an important selling point for others. Out of my friends list i have husbands and wives who play, boy friend and girl friends, best mates, brothers and sisters. U name it. Would be a massive shot in the foot to not make it split screen :(.

Yes, you can.

Thanks for the confirmation :) Will this be just on cooperative or on competitive also? I'm assuming the MOBA won't have split screen.

Thanks for the confirmation :) Will this be just on cooperative or on competitive also? I'm assuming the MOBA won't have split screen.

He was reffering to DD1. Only the devs can confirm anything on DD2 (I'm assuming the moderators are under NDA)

• 3 weeks later...
I have around 500 hrs online, and over 1000hrs on local splitscreen with my GF and we still keep playing. So in my case, splitscreen will make the difference between getting DD2 and not.

• 2 weeks later...
As a precaution another 'Yes please' for split screen here. If its not there, it would basically be a lost sale for me as that's what me and the girlfriend play, and love about DD1.

Also any chance of a rotating split screen option? I think a few games have this now where instead of it being fixed the split actually rotates depending on where you are in relation to each other, and if you're close, goes full screen.