Sign in to follow this  
tgsbeast

Screw you Kraken!

What is the deal with this OPed son of a hairy giraffe?

My g/f has a jester that does 45mill dps in the tavern with my hero boost and her cat. I do 18mill dps. Kraken has 105mill health. CANNOT kill the damn thing!

We managed to get him to 75mill health but then the base blew. I dont get it, why is he so ridiculous compared to the other bosses? And how do i go about killin him? He 1 hits me and i have 68% resists or whatever it is.... His tentacles grow back instantly when he kills us. I hate him! HATE HIM! aaaaaargh.....

One tactic is to equip the jester with a sword and a seahorse and block while the seahorse does the killing.

Minions can hurt the kraken (other towers can't) so having a few mages around the place you're fighting the kraken can help.

It's hard to tell where things are going wrong without seeing it in action. Your weapon DPS is way more than enough, but what does your HP look like? What pet are you using, besides your gf's prop cat?

The vast majority of the damage I do to the Kraken is from my seahorse (I usually use a DPS monk for this), which means my job is to keep the Kraken inside the heal and drain auras, and never ever stop dancing around him. When he does hit you, he hits hard, so try to get your generic resist to 90% if possible. If he's still 1-shotting you, then about all I can say is aim for more HP.

Assuming this is Aquanos and not Boss Rush, the portals are your friend to quickly disengage and heal up. Running in a straight line away is a great way to get Kraken-spikes in your back.

if u are fighting in NMHC, remember that the dps u see on the dummy will not be your actually dps in the game. To find out that dps go onto Deeperwell and hit the dummy there ON NMHC. then you see your true dps.

Best way to kill the kraken if you have lower stats is to use seahorses, them alone should be able to easily kill the kraken.

=]=]=]

Ok let's take them 1 by 1.
First off i doubt the dps values, i'm gonna say it straight : if those are the real dps values i do believe something is hacked in terms of equipment.
Secondly regarding the mission : monk @ 68% resist vs kraken = RIP. Only classes that may stand a chance at 68% resists are high hp ones : jester and squire/barbarian maybe. Even at 90% on monk, if your hp isn't high enough you may die, so i suggest you stay further from the battle.

Get a couple of sea horses, buy'em or do a run on I:HC, at least 3k dmg on each seahorse. Build the boss spawn area : auras+ some minions. Abuse the 2 weakness kraken has = win.

And to end this, i'm gonna give a riddle-tip on how to beat it (easiest way i found) : Kraken will fall, if no matter where he turns, he seeks or sees, his tentacles get blown ;)

Thanks for the replies guys.... finally killed him. Took a while though! I just ran around on my DPS monk healing all the towers every now and again then me and my g/f would jump the kraken with my hero boost on and we managed to do about 10mill damage before he smashed us to pieces.... Rinse and repeat :) I think the problem was not having 90% resists.

Also, im pretty sure none of the items we have are hacked. Those dps values i gave you were in the tavern, not actual NMHC dps.

1) make sure you have good seahorse, or piercing dps pet.
2) Use 100% block sword method or place auras in area you want to fight boss.

Make sure you fight the kraken in an area without a lot of mobs attacking you and NOWHERE near your minions/towers and that helps. Would agree it is the hardest boss in the game other than the Old One on Crystalline Dimension

Also, im pretty sure none of the items we have are hacked. Those dps values i gave you were in the tavern, not actual NMHC dps.

I was thinking tavern for those values as well. I'm not saying it's not possible, i did some tests with my jester and monk, and you'd need fairly strong equipment for this ... not gonna go into details however :)

anyway congrats for the win.

Yea the Kraken blows.

I hate on Boss Rush when you spend 10 mins to kill the freaking dragon (for one reason or the other) just to get to the Kraken with enough time to kill them to have one bat you off the map!

I wanna scream.

I dont know what kind of armor you have but definitely get a set and up the Res 1st to 41%.

Get General and Fire 1st, then work on Poison and do Electric last.

You may lose some points on your hero damage compared to what you have now but you will make up for it by being able to take more of a beating and staying alive longer.

There are guides all over the forums that go into more detail on getting your armor upped correctly for NM.

You get your res at 90% (or as close as you can) and go back and play him, I bet it will be a different story. :)

Ok let's take them 1 by 1.
First off i doubt the dps values, i'm gonna say it straight : if those are the real dps values i do believe something is hacked in terms of equipment.

Hero boost + cat + jester = 45M

Lets break this down. Assuming reasonable stats, Hero boost is approx 2.5x damage, cat approx 2x damage for 5x overall. that makes the jesters base damage only 7M which is extremely easy to hit. Same situation with the monk, 18/5 = 3.6M DPS, again reasonably easy to get.

Please be careful accusing people of hacking (The jester atleast, I know can be surpassed with no cat/monk)

Hero boost + cat + jester = 45M

Lets break this down. Assuming reasonable stats, Hero boost is approx 2.5x damage, cat approx 2x damage for 5x overall. that makes the jesters base damage only 7M which is extremely easy to hit. Same situation with the monk, 18/5 = 3.6M DPS, again reasonably easy to get.

Please be careful accusing people of hacking (The jester atleast, I know can be surpassed with no cat/monk)

It wasn't a strict accusation, just some suspicious dps numbers. Before putting stat numbers here, go to the tavern, do some tests, and try to hit around 45 mil dps. Then look at your stats/equipment and evaluate the topic problem. That's why it is suspicious to me, not saying it's impossible or 100% hacked ;)

yeah man i took that into consideration when testing ;) And i wouldn't be so sure on 45/6, i think 45/5 is more realistic. Anyway let's end this, discussion has no value.