So I have a question. I did a trade with someone about 2 weeks ago and traded out some cubes for some MK2s. While doing this the scumbag slipped in a hacked MK2 and i was in a hurry so did not notice. My question is would i get in trouble if i just kept it in my forge. It serves as a reminder to me. I can delete it if need be but i just was not sure if it was a big deal if i never use it and it just sits there.

Thats a good point, maybe i will do that. I have tried to sell it to the tavern keep and it wont let me, i guess i can just drop it in a wave and let it go.

If he traded multiple MK2s with you, and only one turned out to be hacked, the guy may have traded it to you without actually knowing it was hacked.

How can you tell? I just started playing and I wouldn't know a hacked item if I saw one.

For example, if I have a coal... how do I know it's valid?

For coals, you can't know if they are valid. For Mk2s, you can upgrade it in Open mode and see if the value increases. If it's legit, it will not change from 400 million. Some hacked Mk2s also lack a description.

How i can tell mine is hacked is instead of saying MK2 Lv 1. It says MK2 Lv.1 Very small difference from real ones.