Buying and $elling

In DD if you wanted to make any decent mana you had to run a afk shop, will there actually be a broker or a auction house in DD2 so we don't have to leave our PCs on all night to make some mana?

Since this kind of functionality is going to be more important to the coop mode than the competitive, I would guess that this would be something they look into when they start readying that for beta (end of year or early next year).

With the "Overworld" they are implementing I could see this being part of the overworld as from the screenshots it looks like its a village, and may be one of the buildings in said village. At least that's what I'd guess at as no real info is given out about the coop mode other than a quick pre-alpha vid.

I hope this makes its way into the game. Trading and selling right now is a hassle and its a pain to find items worth buying sometimes.

This idea is very simple and similar to what is currently in other online games that i know about. Stops the whole 'AFK' shop thing. But at the same time it takes out an aspect of the game that in a way many people like. its what racks up the game play hours, and there is nothing like making a big sale from loot that u have collected and dumped on ur floor lol =]

This idea is very simple and similar to what is currently in other online games that i know about. Stops the whole 'AFK' shop thing. But at the same time it takes out an aspect of the game that in a way many people like. its what racks up the game play hours, and there is nothing like making a big sale from loot that u have collected and dumped on ur floor lol =]

With an auction house though, I can turn my computer off when I'm not using it instead of running dungeon defenders and still make just as much money. Possibly even more, since it would create some sort of bidding system. And players searching for items would be able to find the cheapest without searching through the inventory of 20 shops.

• 3 weeks later...
With an auction house though, I can turn my computer off when I'm not using it instead of running dungeon defenders and still make just as much money. Possibly even more, since it would create some sort of bidding system. And players searching for items would be able to find the cheapest without searching through the inventory of 20 shops.

+1

Also having it as an Auction House function will not only make all the items and their prices more easily searchable and easier to find their prices, it will also drive DOWN the high prices we see in DD1 a bit and make it a bit more economically fair and stable. Part of the problem is what he said, all the stuff for sale is split between several shops and not readily accessible and comparable. It is not easy to make an informed economic decision in DD1 since it is so hard to gather all the information you can about the current state of affairs easily. I can't count the times I've searched for an hour in the shops for an item, lets say an Ultimate seahorse. I buy a not very stellar ultimate seahorse for a higher than average price... after all, I been struggling for an hour to find one. Then maybe 10 minutes of continued shopping later I find someone selling a MUCH BETTER Ultimate seahorse for MUCH cheaper. I just got shafted because I'm not allowed to make INFORMED economic decisions under the current shop system.

TL;DR - Auction House would improve DD's economy too.