Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

Why play such a corrupt game?

The game has gone to hell with hackers and dupers taking over, the economy is broken beyond belief. Game's incredibly boring now, since their's no point in putting effort into playing this game. As someone can make your desired item in seconds and I guarantee it will be better then what you ever farmed.

Why even put up with such a crap RNG when items you farm aren't transferable to DD2?

The sooner this game dies and we move onto DD2 the better.

Curious to see some answers on this.

I don't trade so 90% of this doesn't effect me. You are right though that it has got really bad lately, I was very happy to hear that everything is being stored server side for DD2.

I'm still enjoying the game even though I play less. Most of my time is spent in public games helping new players out. I see little point to work towards more diamonds/ults since DD2 has been announced, although I am happy that everyone is forced to start fresh.

I don't trade so 90% of this doesn't effect me. You are right though that it has got really bad lately, I was very happy to hear that everything is being stored server side for DD2.

I'm still enjoying the game even though I play less. Most of my time is spent in public games helping new players out. I see little point to work towards more diamonds/ults since DD2 has been announced, although I am happy that everyone is forced to start fresh.

I agree with Aux. I've never really been involved in trading aside from jumping in the occasional shop to find something so that I can complete a set. I play more casually anyways and am looking forward to DD2 and the improvements it makes. I also like the short MOBA aspect that will appeal to the shorter time constraints.

The game has gone to hell with hackers and dupers taking over, the economy is broken beyond belief. Game's incredibly boring now, since their's no point in putting effort into playing this game. As someone can make your desired item in seconds and I guarantee it will be better then what you ever farmed.

Why even put up with such a crap RNG when items you farm aren't transferable to DD2?

Play with friends and/or play solo and you'll never see another hacker. As this is not a competitive game, it's much easier to control your own experience, since you don't have to play against anyone.

What's the point of playing any video game, especially after beating the last boss?
Putting so much time in building a huge city, conquering the world or getting the best items, and when the sequel is here, you just delete your saves.

I don't care much about hackers or the RNG. Meanwhile, the announcement of DD2 has made me reduce my time playing DD1, because the time when I "erase my saves" is getting nearer.

So I've started playing Torchlight, that I got on a steam sales a while ago. I'm pretty certain I'll stop playing after beating the last boss once, as the sequel is already out. I won't spend 100 hours grinding. What's the point?

I've played a lot of Disgaea too, 30 hours to beat the game, 200 hours grinding to beat the bonus boss, but disgaea 2 came out before I beat that bonus boss, so all that grinding was for nothing.

DD1 is still fun to play, and I'll still play a map from time to time (especially when we get a new one), but now I'm mostly waiting for DD2.

For me this isn't about DD necesarily. I am and was always a fan of interesting tower defence games, it just happens that this seems to be the best game i went through.

Hackers ? who cares, i never traded, and barely bought 4-5 items from shops anyway, maybe they were hacked, but with definite legit stats that made me believe they weren't
Hackers ? i barely play with anyone else, i soloed most of the game, except for those maps like No tower allowed, where a friend helped out, and sometimes i played with that friend some maps, but overall when i had to beat a NMHCMM survival, i did solo it.

Who cares if players have better hacked items ? If you can't beat the map, that means you are not good enough to beat it ! It's not the hackers stopping you ...

PS : rarely when i do join hosted games - to level one of my dpses, i do check to see what others have, and if they have any hacked items i do report them. Not sure if they are checked by an admin, but at least i do my part.

Game's incredibly boring now, since their's no point in putting effort into playing this game.

As someone can make your desired item in seconds and I guarantee it will be better then what you ever farmed.

Every game has a life cycle, all of which have a definite end. It sounds as if you've reached the end of your interaction with it. That's normal. I don't understand the venom.

I think it's unwise to compare your items to those of others, hacked or legit. You're either happy that you can do what you'd like to do, or you're not. Comparing your best item to the plethora of hacked items (or legit items better than your own, for that matter) is no more productive than being jealous of your neighbor's pool. If you want a pool, build a pool. But again, I don't understand why how your pool compares to your neighbor's is pertinent. If it's wet and you can swim in it, it doesn't matter if his is Olympic sized or not. Nor does it matter whether he built his with his Daddy's money when you had to earn yours on your own.

You're bored, yet you think you want your DD items transferred to DD2? How long do you think DD2 would keep you entertained if you had ultimate items from the beginning?

For me I play solo %95 of the time so I couldn't care about hackers. Just over 900hrs and just started to play with others the past couple of nights for fun. Finally got my cube with help on zippy terror the only one I couldn't do solo. I like to do the maps and challenges in a linear way. Go through the maps camp-survival-then start the next map. Still haven't touched sky city and some of the later challenges so I have stuff to keep me busy. I learn to solo a map before I play it with anyone else.

Even when DD2 comes out I'll still play this. IMHO DD is the best tower defense game to date. I've never played a single game this long-maybe socom 2.

I myself play a game because its fun or I enjoy it or several of my friends have it and we all play together.

If you dont think DD1 is fun anymore or have played it so much that you dont enjoy it anymore, then Id say move on.

It happens with all games.

You spend hrs and hrs and hrs playing it and it just gets old after a while and you move on to another game (the one you bought on sale and havent tried yet or the newest latest game on the market, etc).

I love this game because its fun and and enjoyable playing experience and some of my friends own it (but rarely get on anymore :() but the big thing for me is the community behind the game that are making guides on builds, etc and just helping people with problems or answering a general question all on their own time without being paid a penny to do it!

The community support on this game is one of the best Ive seen out there and make a huge difference to me.

Someone asks a general question here that we all may know and probably has been asked before but they dont get flammed, they simply get their question answered in a polite manner.

Most other forums behind a game, people would be like "ugh, this question again! use the search [insert choice name here]".

People here are courteous to one another and may suggest looking at the wiki or searching the forums but do it in a way that its not insulting to the party asking (most of the time they go a head and provide a link anyway as well).

Then you have the people that probably spend many many days on builds (trying it different ways, etc) and several hrs just to prepare a guide to help everyone out.

That is huge to me!

What i have to add: Most parts (not all ;)) of the community are just awesome. All the help that i get when i was a little noob. Thanks! :)

As Aux as pointed out, just don't play publicly, stop trading, stop caring.
I've had a blast ever since I gave up actively farming for stuff. I'm just playing for fun (and still trying to get a sweet tophat :P)

I play because it's fun. I'll stop as soon as the game stops being fun. Hackers and other people don't effect my gameplay as I mostly play solo.

To me this game isn't about hoa rding items, it's about defending crystals from monsters. It's a tower defense, and it's a damn fun tower defense.
People creating items somewhere else are not affecting my fun while I'm setting up my towers to defend my crystal from those pesky monsters...
If a guy with way too high stats to be true join my game, I just kick him and proceed playing :)

I do understand however that you see this game as some sort of economy-based-game where you want to collect valuables or something to "have fun". But that's not my idea of fun, and I'm sure I'm not alone on this.

if your getting board make a new char and lvl it without the help of your other chars start new or just get a nother game i have made new chars on a difernt save and its a lot of fun to have a challenge and i play on xbox and i think hacking is to a difernt lvl every game is full of 13 year olds with mods so just play with my friends or solo

I don't see any problem with hackers because I only trade with trusted forum members, but the RNG has made me quit. Why put countless hours into things that are going to be worthless when DD2 is going to fix that problem? And I kinda miss Minecraft too.

Do you feel like the hacking issue has gotten worse lately?

It definitely has imo.

I could put up with bad hacked gear before, it wasn't really an issue since we had an item check.

Now however hacker's can make anything look legit and dupe cubes like nothing which breaks the economy even further. That's killed it for me.

I love to farm even with the RNG from hell. Game is definitely fun, just sad to see it getting abused this way. That's why I have high hopes for DD2. Fresh start for us all and we should all initially be on a level playing field.

Anyway cheers guys. Keep the responses coming.

I think players with hacked items is worse than normal at the moment. I'd say every 1 in 4 pub games I host or join has a player with hacked items.

When I say hacked items, even though the items are within the bounds of what are legit I apply common sense.
e.g.
A player with less than 200 hours and a damage capping ulti set who is wearing cursed accs and doesn't know how to upgrade towers.
A player with 20 hours with a damage capping ulti++ set

Benefit of the doubt? Not when I've seen these scenarios well over a dozen times with different players.

With that said, I don't care about the economy as I don't partake in it. I farm my own and normally play with friends.

Play with friends and/or play solo and you'll never see another hacker. As this is not a competitive game, it's much easier to control your own experience, since you don't have to play against anyone.

Without my friends, I would have quitten a long time ago. Only thing that still keeps me in this game is talking and playing with them and sometimes I put afk survival if Im bored but thats it.

Are you seriously asking this? This has been one of the main issues why people keep quitting the game and since reporting a player does nothing.. Same hackers run around, even though they have been reported by several different people tens of times month after month.

But nevertheless this was a great game and I hope DD2 is even better :D

I feel like people have gotten better at hacking and there has been less we can do in regards to it. The release of the old armor check sheet has made it possible for even bad hackers to make legitimate looking armor. I have also seen shops lately selling for USD and cash stay up for weeks. There are hackers who make it so you can not see their steam name at all while in their shop who have you add another SID to figure out payment. This makes reporting them practically impossible since the steam accounts are not linked.

I feel that more hackers are getting lazy and shopping in normal shops with hacked/duped cubes. I am not sure if it is "worse" on all accounts but the amount of people who care if their gear is legitimate has gone down and the amount of hackers who are blindly throwing cubes into the economy has gone up.

I still have a TON of fun playing. If survival wasn't the only way to get good armor I would probably give up trading with all but close friends.

I have a few questions about this but I would think a public forum wouldn't be the best place to discuss them. Who would be the best to contact if I were to have questions for those who deal with the report a player.

Hacked gear aside, this is actually an interesting topic. Has the game become boring because it's generally the same old thing in a new location (map)? Just want to get a feel for what's needed/wanted to bring some spice to the playing.

What do you guys think is needed? This interests me because I'm making a map for the contest, obviously, but also I have a "misison" pack of sorts just sitting to the side in need of some fresh ideas. Steam Workshop is greatly neglected in terms of brand new maps, (non recycled trendy maps) that freshen up the game.

I have played the game for over 2 years. I too have hit the ceiling so to speak like Knows has. The hackers have robbed all of the fun. Bad RNG aside, you still could farm hoping for a decent weapon to pop. Or in my case, watching for one to go to someone else so I could buy it. However, when a stat stick went for 37 cubes because of 3 cube hackers I realized there was no point in trying. Outside of events, I have played 2 maps in the last 2 months. One was a ww run with a buddy, the other was leveling some guy's builders to 78 for him. I actually have more fun right now with my contests than I do with DD. As soon as my hand heals I am going to break out Dota 2 and have starfox show me how to play so I can get ready for DD2.