Sign in to follow this  
iqdot

Why are prop cats limited to Trans?

So as the title suggests, why is it you can only get upto a Trans prop cat but apparently you can get Sup/Ult on seahorses given that Aqua is a lower map than Sky?

Two things:
A) Prop cats dont have a damage stat. Damage is the single most important stat in the quality equation. Boost/Range count for exactly zero.
B) The spawn limits on prop cats are just generally lower than that of seahorses. The quality of all rewards is independent of the map or wave at which they are given and Trendy decided in this case to give cats a comparably lower value.

So are you saying IT IS POSSIBLE to get above Trans on Cats just rare? So a supreme cat can be found?

Hmm maybe good reason to continue farming Sky City.

So are you saying IT IS POSSIBLE to get above Trans on Cats just rare? So a supreme cat can be found?

Hmm maybe good reason to continue farming Sky City.

It's not a hard, programmed-in restriction (e.g. not a flag that says "do not generate supreme"), to be clear. It's just the things CrzyRndm described effectively prevent prop cats from being flagged supreme or higher. It might be technically possible if all the stars and planets align, I'm not 100% certain, but if you do see a prop cat above trans, it's almost certainly not legitimate.

I actually thought somebody (was it Crzy or Classic?) said that sup+ prop cat is not possible.Not not very rare, just impossible.

It's not a hard, programmed-in restriction (e.g. not a flag that says "do not generate supreme"), to be clear. It's just the things CrzyRndm described effectively prevent prop cats from being flagged supreme or higher. It might be technically possible if all the stars and planets align, I'm not 100% certain, but if you do see a prop cat above trans, it's almost certainly not legitimate.

While there isn't a flag that prevents a cat from being sup or better, the code values which determine the quality value which then defines the quality label are hard coded with limitations that make a sup or better cat impossible not just improbable. Any sup or better cat is unquestionably touched by the hands of man.

For comparison sake consider the perfect kobold on a treadmill. Lovely 600 stats but no damage stat, and no supreme kobolds possible. Stats are not a key factor in the quality value. Seahorses with multiple 400+ stats and base damage around 3k are trans (with few rare exceptions being sup or better). Cats not having base damage would need stats over 800 (give or take). Idk maybe CrzyRndm can provide some better explanation, but there is coding that keeps the poor kittens down to trans - it is just a matter of their values are not good enough.

For comparison sake consider the perfect kobold on a treadmill. Lovely 600 stats but no damage stat, and no supreme kobolds possible.

Thats b/c they actually DO have a tag which says no tag can ever be given.

To make this 100% clear, supreme propeller cats can NEVER spawn, trans is possible but rare.

Thats b/c they actually DO have a tag which says no tag can ever be given.

To make this 100% clear, supreme propeller cats can NEVER spawn, trans is possible but rare.

You are correct. I should have checked the code before using that as an example. The guardians are the closest pet type that fits from what I can see. No supreme guardians are possible either from what I can tell - though I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time. :)