Headphones 3,5mm problem

My headphones are the SoundBlaster 3D Sigma

Couple days ago I completely lost sound from the left side of my headphones, though right side is fine for now I guess. I also noticed a scratch on the 3,5mm plug thingy. Whenever I slightly turned the plug inside the 3,5mm hole or whatever, I got full sound back but that specific point is so tiny that I just cant keep it on it, so I was wondering if theres something that I can do to repair the plug or headphones in general. I also tried looking for a replacement but the cord is flat and I dont know if I wanna mess with the wires.

Can you post some pictures of your headphones and specifically the problem area. pictures are always helpfull:squire:

happen before to me i have a Turtle Beach X11 for me it was simply becauase the jack wasnt plugged in far enough to my pc. ive had mine since 2008 so as a last resort maybe get a turtle beach ? think the X12's are out now for 60 bucks not too bad price wise

Can you post some pictures of your headphones and specifically the problem area. pictures are always helpfull:squire:

I think I finally got the picture. Its a bit blurry because galaxy S3 is not perfect in taking pictures but you will see the problem.

Its a really tiny spot where it looks like its bent a little and I do not know where that came from because I try to be careful with the headphones. Also I didnt feel like trying to get pro pictures of the headphones itself because Im 100% sure that the problem is in the plug, you can search from google if you want to look at them tho :P

I think I finally got the picture. Its a bit blurry because galaxy S3 is not perfect in taking pictures but you will see the problem.

Its a really tiny spot where it looks like its bent a little and I do not know where that came from because I try to be careful with the headphones. Also I didnt feel like trying to get pro pictures of the headphones itself because Im 100% sure that the problem is in the plug, you can search from google if you want to look at them tho :P

Head phones really are not that expensive anymore so i would just buy a new pair. I do not see any fixing that tbh. Wiring is not the easiest thing to fix, if you mess up a little bit it wont work.

Is the other end of the cable wired in to the headphones or is it plugged in to the headphones?

If it is wired in your best bet is a new pair of headphones if it is plugged in a new cable can be acquired quite inexpensively.

I got a Monster brand audio cable for about 15 bucks brand new so no cheeping out even needed LOL.

As others had said. Your cable is bad, and since its attached to your headset, you either have either have to know how to splice wire or buy a new one.

I got the x12's as someone else had mentioned. They are 50 bucks now, and have been going strong now for over a year.
http://www.amazon.com/Force-Gaming-Headset-Amplified-Stereo-Pc/dp/B005DQG0BO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365631650&sr=8-1&keywords=turtle+beach+x12