So, even just on hard, Spooktacular shows how fast monk auras vanish even 3 star'd.

So, are we support monks that put points into our auras going to get the effing attention we need? It makes me sad that, while defending 2 chokes at the top/top left area, generally running around slicing stuff up with my scythe but it makes me sad watching just how effing fast they die doing what the other classes turrets do from range while not killing themselves.

Generally the upper left auras get hit hardest due to the aura placement I use and just how many effing monsters come streaming out of it, usually I will repair BOTH using the defense boost to speed things up then move to the norther spot to clear there, usually I kill the enemies before those auras really take much damage but usually, AFTER I clear that area, the 2 auras in the upper left that I JUST got done repairing can be missing a LARGE chunk of their hp, and i have I believe nearing +120 to aura hp. I really think I wasted those 70 class points into that stat for nothing along with the stat bonuses from equipment.

I wonder if TE is EVER going to give the Monk some kind of love, the enrage buff was cute but really, other then for ****s and giggles does anyone REALLY use that aura at all? The buff the enrage got should have been applied to ALL of his auras.

I honestly don't even want to imagine what will happen to my auras should my friends and I tackle that map on insane....

I actually thought that they ninja buffed their duration?

They did for the enrage aura only as far as I know.

Enrage lasts much longer now... IMO, i wish all the auras lasted as long as that one does =)

One annoying thing though about the auras is that Mages spam their skeleton army which drains auras really quicky when in bulk =(

I may have improved my gear greatly, but I think a day ago my auras had only 580ish duration, and now they have 7-900

Hate to say it but you're using Monk aura's wrong. You shouldn't be using them to slow down entire area of mobs, that really helps nothing. What you need to do is combine it with the other towers up and about. Good examples which I use all the time for doing hard/insane survival wave 10-15+:

If using slice and dice, place the monk ensnare a bit behind it just so there's about an inch of space on your screen of where the front blades would be at and the slow aura bubble comes down. Do this of course on the side where the mobs are going to hit. What does this do. It stops DE Warriors from jumping at you when they get close, it stops kobolds from suiciding directly on your slice and dice tower. It helps bunch up the mobs so a huntress and piercing shot through them all while they are being knocked back at the same time from the slice and dice. Picture 1:

Another example is if using bowling ball turrets. This time do the opposite effect so more of the aura is in front as the bowling balls turrets have a much greater range. This gives them far greater survivability and also groups up the mobs so the bowling balls destroy them easier. Your auras will stay up much longer as the mobs won't be sitting in the aura the entire time. Picture 2:

Otherwise if you're just using these plainly in the open they die too quick and are really pointless. Its just not made to keep hundreds of mobs slowed.

That's what really irks me, being FORCED into a support when the 3 other classes don't even NEED the support to really do what they do, the fact that the monk is the only class that NEEDS to be the red headed step child is kind of lame if you think about it, support or not, he SHOULD be able to do what the other 3 can do by themselves with no real help from the others. If you are fine with being a backseat driver that's all fine and dandy, but I honestly think the monk could actually use some kind of buff, wouldn't you actually like to NOT see auras vanish fast just because some enemies trounced through them? Why is the monk the class that is allowed to be abused just because he is labeled 'support'? Pretty bs if you ask me.

Hate to say it but you're using Monk aura's wrong. You shouldn't be using them to slow down entire area of mobs, that really helps nothing. What you need to do is combine it with the other towers up and about. Good examples which I use all the time for doing hard/insane survival wave 10-15+:

Otherwise if you're just using these plainly in the open they die too quick and are really pointless. Its just not made to keep hundreds of mobs slowed.

I agree, especially if you're using close range defense turrets/barricades. I don't have a tower squire built up yet, so my exposure is purely toward Apprentice =)

As an Apprentice, you definitely want the entire army slowed. This gives Fireball plenty of time to hit them, and hit more of them with the AOE Splash because they're now jumbled together.

As a rule of thumb, don't slow anything if you don't have ranged DPS on it. I suppose, this is what your 2nd picture illustrates though =)

That's what really irks me, being FORCED into a support when the 3 other classes don't even NEED the support to really do what they do, the fact that the monk is the only class that NEEDS to be the red headed step child is kind of lame if you think about it, support or not, he SHOULD be able to do what the other 3 can do by themselves with no real help from the others. If you are fine with being a backseat driver that's all fine and dandy, but I honestly think the monk could actually use some kind of buff, wouldn't you actually like to NOT see auras vanish fast just because some enemies trounced through them? Why is the monk the class that is allowed to be abused just because he is labeled 'support'? Pretty bs if you ask me.

Well :( Sadly, thats how the Monk was designed, to be support.

I would argue that Monk is one of the best helps on Insane out of all my toons. Being able to slow the army, and more importantly, STRENGTH DRAIN ogres is critical.

I noticed this too on the halloween challenge. I ended up losing my ensnare aura with 2000 mobs left to go on the last level, and then the kobolds ended up killing my bouncers so I was forced to solo that lane while my brother frantically went around keeping the others up. You'd repair one, head to the others and repair them and then the first one would need repairing again.

I think the biggest culprit is the skeletons. Personally I think they should be slowed but not take any health away from the aura, since they can just be constantly resurrected, and it's not uncommon to see 3 packs or more of them in the aura at once, get killed, resurrected, get killed, resurrected. It sucks!

They do need his support in the end-game.

They do need his support in the end-game.
^ this. i can't imagine doing glitter insane without monk auras

^ this. i can't imagine doing glitter insane without monk auras

I can't imagine really doing any insane without the support of monk auras. I may not use a lot of them but a few good placements can make a world of difference.

Unless an update comes in the future, the current state of the monk is mainly a support class. They get some pretty amazing abilities to help out their team complete hard/insane maps. They don't have the DPS a huntress pulls off, they don't have the tanking abilities of a squire, and they don't have the tower damage support like an apprentice. They are the only class that can truly help assist all 3 other classes in a way no other class can do for the other. The monk imo is pretty OP with what its got.

I think what would help is stop looking at yourself as just a support class that sits in the back watching his auras fade away. Think of yourself more of the class that strengthens the front lines of his team's defenses with amazing abilities. Your team needs you to help push through the hardest stuff in the game.

If using slice and dice, place the monk ensnare a bit behind it just so there's about an inch of space on your screen of where the front blades would be at and the slow aura bubble comes down. Do this of course on the side where the mobs are going to hit. What does this do. It stops DE Warriors from jumping at you when they get close, it stops kobolds from suiciding directly on your slice and dice tower. It helps bunch up the mobs so a huntress and piercing shot through them all while they are being knocked back at the same time from the slice and dice. Picture 1:

Another example is if using bowling ball turrets. This time do the opposite effect so more of the aura is in front as the bowling balls turrets have a much greater range. This gives them far greater survivability and also groups up the mobs so the bowling balls destroy them easier. Your auras will stay up much longer as the mobs won't be sitting in the aura the entire time. Picture 2:

This works pretty well but I hope monks get some sort of advantage when they are actually on the map instead of just being swapped out to dps huntress or squire etc.

I actually thought that they ninja buffed their duration?

Yup. They increased the health on all auras except health one.

IceArrow shows the truth! It's like Monk 101 but I see many many make the mistake so that the aura covers unneeded territory. I.e. mobs being snared before they are around the corner where the harpoons are is rediculous, you'll want to have your aura as 'backup' incase the harpoons fail.

When you tower health stat is in 150+, auras last long enough.
The upgrade level mean nothing, it's your stats that matter.

I find it strange that no one thinks this is a little obsurd, needing THAT many points, granted if you focused upgrades/equip with those stats is a easy to get to, just so you can reach the same level as the other classes whose turrets/placements get a lot more benefit from and really won't really lose many points from monsters if they are placed right and things never touch them.

I dunno, you can't really say I'm playing my monk 'wrong' there really is no 'right or wrong' to it, I play as a front line melee support chew things up with my scythe monk, I enjoy it, fun as hell, just really discouraging watching auras die fast because I looked away for 15 seconds or ran to another choke I was guarding to clear it out. Don't bother telling me to play the other classes, I really don't like how they play, don't fit my style, the monk is just a blast, it is just a little disheartening watching my friends easily accomplish what I do with half the effort in comparison, SURE feels good at the end of the map but man, sure doesn't help the life span of my mouse. :p

The problem with the auras is that their degeneration does not have a hard cap or limit. At some point having 10+ enemies inside of it does not scale well as the amount of lifespan removed is literally reliant upon the number of enemies instead of reaching a maximum degeneration speed. In this manner Trendy can balance how quickly an aura degenerates based on the number of enemies but once that limit is hit, adding any amount of enemies will not increase this rate any further making it scale appropriately even in multiplayer insane matches.

I find it strange that no one thinks this is a little obsurd, needing THAT many points, granted if you focused upgrades/equip with those stats is a easy to get to, just so you can reach the same level as the other classes whose turrets/placements get a lot more benefit from and really won't really lose many points from monsters if they are placed right and things never touch them.

You don't NEED that, you merely might find that useful. You can always just replace them once they vanish, or have someone repairing them several times during a wave.

Also,
* A squire will benefit from 150+ tower health, to make his barriers last a bit on insane;
* An apprentice will benefit from 150+ tower damage, to make his towers good vs. insane mobs;
* A traptress will benefit from 150+ tower health on her traps for long waves, same as monk;

This works pretty well but I hope monks get some sort of advantage when they are actually on the map instead of just being swapped out to dps huntress or squire etc.

Tower Boost? Does nobody actually use this? On insane there's thousands of mana laying around, our Monk can literally run around with his Boost aura up collecting the mana and keeping all defences (even his auras, of all things) maxed.

I dunno, you can't really say I'm playing my monk 'wrong' there really is no 'right or wrong' to it, I play as a front line melee support chew things up with my scythe monk[...]

You're playing a support class primarily as a melee class. I'd say that's wrong. The least you could do while you're out there doing piddle damage cleaving those mobs is to take all that mana you've collected and, oh, I dunno, Tower Boost for a few seconds and replenish your auras?

You're playing a support class primarily as a melee class. I'd say that's wrong. The least you could do while you're out there doing piddle damage cleaving those mobs is to take all that mana you've collected and, oh, I dunno, Tower Boost for a few seconds and replenish your auras?

You know what they say about assuming yes? I'll hope you know how it goes, who says I DON'T use my boosts? Could have sworn I said I use them, and no, I may NOT deal wtf damage like squires/huntresses, I'm still hitting for 1.5-2k per hit, moreso with my boost, generally also the enemies under the aura as I run through to give them a slight break for repairs.

Hard Spooktakular i can generally make my aura last through the whole wave except for 11 / 12 where i have to reapir about midway and it should be fine, it really depends alot on your setup tbh.

Hard Spooktakular i can generally make my aura last through the whole wave except for 11 / 12 where i have to reapir about midway and it should be fine, it really depends alot on your setup tbh.

agreed. i've only got 112 Towerhp (265Tatt/50Trad/105Tias) for tower stats on my monk and got no problem keeping it up while soloing hard halloween. i do find that 50 radius is preferable for my setups over 70, for positioning and aura hp