Sign in to follow this  
iqdot

Sky City South Crystal Mysteriously Damaged?

Hey guys,

Doing NMHC survival on Sky City and I noticed the south crystal started to get damaged but I couldn't see what was hitting it...

This seemed to happen after wave 20, I lost because of it. At wave 22, I noticed a spider got close hit it but wave 23, I stared at it from phase shift mode and there was nothing there but it was still getting damaged... ? What is it? Spiders that I can't see?

Anyone notice this before? If so how do you stop it, I don't even know what it is

The last time this happened, it turned out to be an archer that was wedged in such a way that it was just outside the auras but still able to lob arrows at the crystal. I could see the archer animation but not the arrows themselves; I assume it's due to my crap framerate when splitscreening.

That said, most times I have absolutely no idea what did the damage, even when watching the area like a hawk. Unless it's doing significant or continuous damage, I've come to just shrugging it off.

normally south crystal gets hit by 1 of 2 things archers or wyvern. Either way you can try placing 3 1du reflects in a triangle around it and it should stop the damage.

Man that is quite awkward, happens mostly on the south crystal so I'll try the reflect beams, very briefly once happend on the north crystal too but it was so little I let it go.

So basically it could be an archer? I did see wyverns flying above, but none were attacking unless some wyverns can do ranged damage...

If archers are hitting it the range of your aura/traps aren't high enough, if its a shark, your aura/traps aren't strong enough, generally the only thing that will hit the south crystal is a gold wyvern, the biggest problem with south is the djinn, especially the djinn that don't float mid and get sniped, they will wonder around aimlessly north or south (generally south in my experience) and the bad thing about that is that wyverns spawn south, so you're going to have a djinn that has nothing to do but turn things gold so its always best to watch the map in case something like that happens, so you can time your jester rolls with it.

Also wyverns shoot fireballs, but only if there is something there to shoot at, and spiders don't attack the crystal

South is usually scratched by archers if your auras are too small/weak, or by gold birds. To combat the gold birds, I use my EV's shock beams. They do quite a bit of damage, and hit aerial targets. It really helped combat those pesky things.

Well I have 1.7-1.8k range I think on my aura's, don't have much problems killing things but the problem is I couldn't see what was hitting it.

I am using the single crystal build, I think i'll move my aura's a bit further to the left and right or try and see next time where the archers are hitting it from. Wyverns won't launch a fireball at the crystal will they?

They can, and sometimes will. You do need reflects for safety.

It could also be gold orcs that somehow ignore Gas traps and ensnare, even while in a strength drain aura. I've lost because of that several times. :(