Sign in to follow this  
draemn

Who considers themself a big item trade on the forums?

Recently started getting bored with the game but I did get a lot of gametime from it (1500hrs+). Played the game since it came out on Steam but did take a couple months hiatus. One of my secrets for dealing was farming Akatiti strictly and selling the overcapped weapons from trans to ulti++. Was much easier than previously making trans sets and a lot less time.

Now I am still trying to achieve my goal of ulti sets for all my chars and making different new chars but have been playing other games, mainly Planetside 2. Love DD but no more DLC and playing the same maps over and over has finally gotten to me.

I used to sell my obs in game but if I get something really good, I auctioned it. Probably just going to play a little here and there and wait for DD2.

I play mostly solo been on for like a year was on Xbox 360 before but after losing char n items 3x's I went to PC. I dont have many cubes n didn't sell many items but I know what u mean. I got my first ult tower set by trading some nice guy one cube n one mk2 now ur lucky to get one piece for that. I play alot w my kids my goal now is to get my son good enough items for him to b able to build some nmhc levels himself. I love dd have almost 1500hrs in PC, almost 1000 on Xbox 360 before I quit n switch to PC.

I used to consider myself a bigger trader, did massive trades a month or two ago, my goal was to find loves/earths but it proved much more difficult then anticipated. So I sort I gave up on that and am only holding to my wealth for 1 reason - to buy a non-seahorse pet that can beat my ~22k seahorse. Even this is proving rather difficult but it's more plausible then finding a legit pair of earths or loves. Other than that I still play to help people out, been doing a lot of public lobbies(something I almost never used to do) and my last goal is to beat palantir(failed wave 24 becuase I let 2 other people join in) but I guess that's part of the challenge.

:D Palantir I think was the last goal in terms of beating a map for me :P I might need to do it again with 4 players just to really make it a real challenge.

Off-topic, I apologize in advance.

@Eagle did you finally get your ultimate monk animus? How much dps does it do?

Hi there

I'm relatively new to the game. I recently joined the forums but just lurk here. The guides here by other players have been invaluable for progressing my knowledge and build strategies - so, thanks to anyone that ever spent their time writing/recording them. (Actually, I just realised most of them I've seen were draemn's, so thanks, man!)

I would say I've been playing around 300 hours since January. I just started getting into "end game" farming and acquired my first ult to ult++ map item rewards. Hopefully I can start breaking the 3-4k stats plateau I'm at with my trans gear builders. I still have a long way to go!

I quite enjoy the social aspect of gaming - I've played a few games in the past where large community voice servers were very popular. I could be looking in the wrong places, but I haven't seen that here, so I'm currently hosting (and trying to fill) a 100 slot mumble server. The IP is dd.csm.me.uk (port 64738) - anyone is welcome! It's very empty at the moment. (Shameless plug, sorry :)

I'll occasionally host public games for fun, but with the expectation I should be able to beat the map even with a full team that may need to be carried. (Easier maps, as attempting the harder maps would probably end badly due to the difficulty scaling.)

See you around :)

EDIT:

Forgot to add that my end goal is just to beat all maps and modes on Nightmare. I hope to start selling higher end stuff here soon.

Hello

I’m also relatively new to the forums, even though I’ve been lurking here for a few months now. I’ve gotten all of my information here about how to build/gear/play. I just started playing this game a few months ago with a bunch of irl friends that quit, but I’m still playing this game because of the community support that exists. I’ve only recently gotten to the point of farming kings game for armor and akatit for weps. Also started farming sky city and Aquos for pets/armor. Still working on my next goal to farm WWL myself. I was able to beat it Sunday night in a 4 player pub game first time! (which was very nice, but I rarely ever play a pub game)

Up until now, I haven’t been able to play at a level to acquire items (at least in my mind) that are things players at a high level on these forums would want to buy/trade. so now im here. The past week I have been reading the WTB/WTA posts to get an idea of what things cost. Also, to get an idea on what items I’ve gotten and don’t use that others might want. I have a feeling I’m either going to need to farm WW a lot for coal or hopefully get some pieces to trade so I can fill in the gaps in my equipment.

I appreciate the time vet players spend checking items / evaluate value - trying to steer fair play (at least for ppl who want to play legitimately) This is why I still have some faith (despite the discussions about how hacking wrecked the game) that some players can try and play legitimately. I like the economy aspect of games and with better controls over hacking - trading will be more enjoyable in DD2. But for me in DD, I’m going to try out trading for now and see how it goes… the forums seem the most legitimate way to trade higher end equipment

My goals in terms of progression are
-Getting WW on farm myself, then eventually building it for 2ppl (I still have ONE friend left who still plays)
-Getting enough coal to spawn a diamond
-Gear out my toons a little more to help make maps easier - I have some decent builders 3-4k range, hunter is still ~2.5k (working on her). Also need to get my dps monk and barb up :)
-Don’t really care for time records or costumes or vanity items – although some are cool :)
-I like the strategy behind tower def builds, so I would like to create something usefull for others at some point. After reading most guides for just about every map, I don’t think there’s much left though… (I did like the challenge idea Draemn had about using low stats and finding a stable build on certain maps)

Hey

I have been playing a couple of months and have around 900 hours of game time with very minimal afk shop. Idk if im a big trader but im definitely a pretty active trader. Had a team of 3 people going for a while and was farming akatiti and KG nmhc surv and sky nmhc survival individually and then all dropping loot together to sell and split profits. Mostly in game sales and better stuff on the forums. Now they both quit so its me solo but ive had some luck lately with some bigger ticket items and i sell most stuff on the forums lately. I have had a lot of help from a lot of the vet players and that has helped me a lot.

My current goals are
1.To get at least a sup set on all my chars so far id say im ~30% there with a bunch of cap trans/sup/ult
mixed sets.
2. To be able to farm CD nmhc. ( no idea if i can do this as ive never tried) would also like to carry ppl through it if i get good enough..because the pay to run CD is ridiculous
3.To have an ult++ cap atk (with good other stats) weapon on my tower monk,tower huntress and tower squire so that im not using the cookie cutter obsidian or pawn.

I am not exactly new to the forums per say but I don't post a lot. Usually to either ask or answer a question.

I am only just recently being able to start farming big ticket items such as Supreme and Ultimate Armor and the like but I have yet to get a piece that was really worth anything. And I really don't know the prices of things all that well.

Hi
So I've been playing since November, I decided to take a break from just playing mobas like LoL, and I found DD to be a much more relaxing game. I rarely get stressed playing DD so it was a welcome change for me, and I stayed because I really enjoyed the community, there are a lot of cool and nice people on here(far more mature than the moba community to say the least). I trade pretty often, mostly I farm ww with 2 characters and a friend and sell the good acc or the random ult++ rewards. Most of the time i host pubs of ww or take requests to get people achievements(if you need silent night ask lol), I like playing with and helping new people all the time. I've recently accomplished most of my goals, as the active builders I use all have decent diamonds and are over 5k, and my dps characters are well geared.
My remaining goals are
1. Learn to build ToL to win consistently (if possible lol)
2. Master killing the old one without dying (followed by getting apprentice and squire skin)
3. Make a dps huntress
4. Finish leveling squire to 100
5. Maybe greater turkey hunt to get 100/100 acheivements ...its antifun so idk if I really want to do it
6. Do all the events

I've been trying #1 for a long time... That map just loves to troll me... I can beat the evil hero wave 90% of the time now, but the map throws a POS pairing on the boss fight somehow...

I'm not huge into trading yet. I've just got to the point where I could start farming suitable gear. I have ran quite a few events in the past few months and may sell those sometime. Other than that, I'm more of a casual trader looking for upgrades to gear if I ever get around to it.

hmm. i'm content with most of my gear so i don't buy many items anymore, and i sell stuff from time to time but i generally avoid it. like everyone i'm always willing to have upgrades on my characters, but i don't really have much of a need, so whatever.
i've racked up ~1600 hours in DD, with probably 30 minutes total of AFK shop.
definitely not any sort of big trader, but i know i'm selling real items, that's more than i can say for a lot of people in DD.

i don't really have any goals i suppose. i don't have any interest in farming this or that, or levelling all my builders up to 100 or w/e.
idk. i have fun just playing DD. so i don't have any goals to play boring maps that aren't any fun on purpose.

I've been trying #1 for a long time... That map just loves to troll me... I can beat the evil hero wave 90% of the time now, but the map throws a POS pairing on the boss fight somehow...

HAH. you went off topic yourself, so q.q all you want about everyone else going off topic :D

My comment was more for people going off topic to complain about the trading system being broken and why they don't trade anymore. Since goals of the game is on topic, I actually did not go off topic :)

[quote]Would appreciate if active people (on this forum) would just say hi and share if they're new to the forums, only recently been rich enough to participate in high end trading, or any other reason why they were not very visible on the trading forums. Also, if you want to share why you are here now and what you like trading or your goals are, feel free to do that.[/quote]

semantics says i can state this as the topic of the thread, meaning all posts should be this.
;P

but i suuuuuuuuppose.