Dungeon Defenders 2 GAMEPLAY VIDEO!

This clip is at PAX with the awesome Skott and TotalBiscuit!
Showing the available characters, skills, AND GAMEPLAY.
Now you guys can argue whether you like or dislike the MOBA/DotA PART of the game.

In the video.
Tb and skott talk about:
Different perspectives.
Game play.
Items.
Reason why DD2 has a MOBA part.
DD2's MOBA/DotA is CASUAL, NOT competitive.
Why play DD2's MOBA versus the more streamline MOBAs?
RELEASE DATES?!!?!
And finally Skott and TB owning the game.

My honest opinion.
This game looks amazing. Will definitely play it.

I hope that moba mechanic for ranged characters is only in the competitive mode.
Also wonder if the summoner has auto attacks now or not :P

Haven't watched the vid yet, just saw TB's comments :D He sure is defending the game :P

EDIT: Watched it, two things I got out of it. Beta wrapping up early summer! (YAY, don't have to wait forever!) and two, Imma have a good long discussion with my friend who plays League about how to play a MOBA :D Also, I will lose due to a terrible computer, terrible internet, and terrible me :D Mostly terrible me

Watching it right now. I'll have a detailed summary up on my post of What we know about DD2 :)

Edit: Watching for over 15 minutes...and I'm only 4 minutes in. There's been a lot of pausing.

Edit again: You can find my summary, including the descriptions for all skills and items that were shown here. Anything with the number 10 behind it is from the vid.

Looks great! The only thing I might be annoyed about is the hero speed. I know there's a teleport item, but walking short distances is going to be a pain.

Looks great! The only thing I might be annoyed about is the hero speed. I know there's a teleport item, but walking short distances is going to be a pain.

They did say that we will be seeing lots of varied sizes and ages of characters, maybe there will be a character completely based on speed? Or characters based on being extremely slow but sturdy! (I like turtles)

They did say that we will be seeing lots of varied sizes and ages of characters, maybe there will be a character completely based on speed? Or characters based on being extremely slow but sturdy! (I like turtles)

I think the MOBA aspect is designed around the slower move speed. There are some items that can increase it though.

Impressed thus far.

Not sure if the consumable process will work out nicely or backfire in competitive play. Not too worried about it, though. I'm confident the game will evolve if needed.

Loving the artwork and general feel of the DD universe. I always said I'd like to play a MOBA like LoL, but in a more entertaining universe, such as something crazy like the DC Comics or the Super Mario universe. But this isn't half bad at all.

I think the idea of making last hitting less important was a good move for a development team new to the MOBA genre. Balancing ranged heroes can become a hassle not only in skill and stat sets, but with laning potential as well. They've always, in general, had advantages in lane farming, tower defense, and offense. But this way the lane farming will equalize for the most part, because melee heroes wont have to make themselves vulnerable to ranged attacks in order to take advantage of benefits of laning.

Glad this game was meant to move along faster as well. Time is the main reason I never joined in with the LoL fad. Don't want to be averaging games that last over an hour. It's just tedious.

Hoping for a zoom in and out feature. Don't mind the camera angle, but I imagine gameplay seeming very cluttered and hard to process if everything is forced to be zoomed in so close.

Can't wait to see more.

Amazing, my 1st MOBA is lookgind good, can.t wait to Barb the heck of it. But i got a question:

If you play the cooperative tower defence aspect, EXP, loot and such will be transfered to the Coompetitive?

Amazing, my 1st MOBA is lookgind good, can.t wait to Barb the heck of it. But i got a question:

If you play the cooperative tower defence aspect, EXP, loot and such will be transfered to the Coompetitive?

Competitive would be impossible to transfer exp. Every game you play in competitive has you starting at level 0, and you can only go up to 15, while coop will be much higher level cap, and won't have to re-level every game

I see, so basically the cooperative mode will be just like DD? all current maps,level cap, aromor tiers and such?

I see, so basically the cooperative mode will be just like DD? all current maps,level cap, aromor tiers and such?

You know I really hope they don't do this and start anew. Stats in DD are inflated so far beyond reasonable it's ridiculous, people don't actually "play" the game anymore and instead just "farm" more unnecesary stats (not to mention that majority afk while doing this "farming").

I would much rather they expanded the concept of the original game with things like, more maps, more towers, more enemies, and keeping stats within reasonable bounds wich are decided from the start. Increasing game time with content (fun), not farming.

I would much rather they expanded the concept of the original game with things like, more maps, more towers, more enemies, and keeping stats within reasonable bounds wich are decided from the start. Increasing game time with content (fun), not farming.

Personally, I think that would be the best thing that could happen.

well, i think this is just a one mode .. if this is really the game it means ( they kill DD ) & i'm 100% not gonna even wait for it as a fan of DD1
cuz if it's like that why should i stay with DD2? there is dota,lol,wow.. way better
--------
i'm really waiting for beta key, i hope i can see anything interesting as a fan.

this will be my first MOBA as well and am really looking forward to trying something new while having it be something familiar like DD. What i'm really looking forward to most is the traditional tower defense portion, CANT WAIT for this game to come out!!

You know I really hope they don't do this and start anew. Stats in DD are inflated so far beyond reasonable it's ridiculous, people don't actually "play" the game anymore and instead just "farm" more unnecesary stats (not to mention that majority afk while doing this "farming").

Sounds like you'll love DD2.

• 2 weeks later...
This is not Dungeon Defenders. This is nothing like Dungeon Defenders.

People play Dungeon Defenders because they like the whole tower strategy killing mobs etc..... That is what the people who play this game like and want. I dont see the point of this MOBA or whatever it is. I dont even know what MOBA is....

I hope this is like a silly added on extra that u are neither required to play and has no relation to the actual game. I certainly wouldnt be interested if the rest of the game was like this.

I am a dungeon defenders fan, this dont like very dungeon defendersish to me!

This is not Dungeon Defenders. This is nothing like Dungeon Defenders.

People play Dungeon Defenders because they like the whole tower strategy killing mobs etc..... That is what the people who play this game like and want. I dont see the point of this MOBA or whatever it is. I dont even know what MOBA is....

I hope this is like a silly added on extra that u are neither required to play and has no relation to the actual game. I certainly wouldnt be interested if the rest of the game was like this.

I am a dungeon defenders fan, this dont like very dungeon defendersish to me!

I pretty much agree with you, except you should give the game a try. Once you play the PVP and Co-op, whenever there is footage of co-op then you might like the game. I won't give a full review of the game once I see those two things.