Sign in to follow this  
Kawai

When trying to Host/private match, stuck on Creating Game screen.

Hello, I've had Dungeon Defenders before and played it and loved it. I've recently re-downloaded (after about a year having it uninstalled) it to play with friends who just started it and when I tried to Create a private match after selecting my character in Ranked, (I've tried hitting the host match and the same thing) my game just opens the Creating Game screen and sits there, after a few seconds the Cancel option appears, but still nothing. I've looked up on Google for solutions, but I only found things of "I'm getting a Failed to create." I don't even get that, it just stuck on the create game screen. I tried typing in -tcp or what not in the custom launch options and still nothing. I CAN join on my friend's host, but I can't make one myself. I have everything "allowed" on my computer for the game. Everything works fine, no crashes or anything, just I can't create a private/hosted game. I have no solution to this problem where ever I look and I am quite frankly pissed off about this. My friends say; "well it doesn't matter you're playing with us anyways." It does matter, a guy who worked and got a high ranking character (70+) wants to play that character and I can't just play him with level 10 and below people. It's not fun fighting weaklings, one hit killing. So I want to make a game where I can play my high level guys when they aren't online. I am using steam to play Dungeon Defenders. I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Still no change in the fact that I can't create a game. Please if you have had this problem or know a solution, please help. This is quite frustrating!

We sincerely apologize for the frustration this issue has caused you. Some of our users have found that switching from a wireless internet connection to a wired one has solved this issue. Please let us know if this does not fix the problem.

I have the same issue. I am on a wired connection with direct access to my router. I have added -tcp. I have verified local cash. I am able to join games. I simply want to be able to host. I also switched the firewall off and did a clean re-boot with all non-essentials turned off in the msconfig boot section.