Sign in to follow this  
gotrunks712

SPOILERS: What do we know about DD2?

That was a nice read, I am intrigued with how customization will work though!

If I can make certain characters more visually appealing then my playable roster will increase.
(Cares way too much about what his characters look like)

That was a nice read, I am intrigued with how customization will work though!

If I can make certain characters more visually appealing then my playable roster will increase.
(Cares way too much about what his characters look like)

It seems like it'll be easier to get the color of customization items you want. It won't just be you get what drops. From what I have gathered, there will be visual customization items (like accessories right now) and you'll have the option to color them with dyes. Not sure if there will be more options in there, but I'm assuming there will.

New Pax review up. You can find it here.

A really interesting quote:
"Players can pick up cosmetic gear for their characters and also stat items, which will grant small bonuses. Plans are also underway for the ability to transfer stats from gear you already own to other looks you obtain. If your Huntress gets an amazing looking bow, you wont have to sacrifice stats for looks."

Also huntress abilities were described, which you can find on the main post.

Trendy Friday Fun info:
-Each character will have a background story explaining why they are in eternia
-Developer blogs will start being available for DD2
-Uses the same engine as DD1, Unreal Engine 3
-Loot, stats, and heroes from competitive will transfer to cooperative.
-Skins can be mixed and matched and colored how you want
-Stats can be gained through playing the MOBA (in the form of gems that you attach to items)

I wasn't able to listen to all of it, but I wrote down the points that I caught.

Wanted to say thank you for this thread it's really giving me things to look forward to when i get to play this and what to expect!

I love this thread. You get a :crystal: ! :)

-Jer

Thanks!

Added that there's been confirmation on the main post about controller support (See source 14).

Not sure that i like the idea of moba-like game. I play DD mostly because i like tower defence and co-op :)
Well, maybe having moba-mode as PvP isn't be so bad, but one thing concerns me: controls. I played LoL, DotA and Smite. So far - LoL wins for less micro(you don't need to kill own creeps, jungling is little easier than in DotA). What worries me, that controls look like in Smite, and that was a pain. In mobs-style games fast-activating health or mana potion often crucial, but in dd2 hotkeys for that 6,7,8,9. I guess controls in dd2 same "wasd" as in Smite, and i'm afraid it require of remapping all keys(at least those from 5 and further). Is there possibility to control movement and skill targeting like in LoL and DotA ? If not - it would be... not unplayable, but definitely unpleasant to play, because you would be forced divide your attention between controls and game equally and getting less pleasure from game as result.
P.S. I hope, my post is understandable, because english not my native language(i'm from Russia :p ).

With the apprentice reveal (Which you can find here), there were a few things I noticed.
-The MOBA storyline is that a tournament has been called for some reason and heroes are coming to test their strength.
-Hero Spells are unlocked when certain characters reach level 10, and can then be used as your Summoner Spell on certain other heroes (The apprentice's can be used by himself, the Summoner, and the Mystic).

Those were the main two points. I'll update the main OP soon hopefully.

-Hero Spells are unlocked when certain characters reach level 10, and can then be used as your Summoner Spell on certain other heroes (The apprentice's can be used by himself, the Summoner, and the Mystic).

On http://dungeondefenders2.com/forum/showthread.php?97402-Meet-the-Apprentice&p=857068[[3937,hashtags]] this topic:

"Every hero has one spell to unlock. Once unlocked, they can be used with any hero."

Any hero? The Apprentice page says:

"Hero Spell - Mana Infusion
Works with: Apprentice, Summoner, Mystic"

Also, from this I guess we can gather that Summoner and Mystic are 2 other classes. ;)

"Works with" is our suggestion for the heroes who can best utilize that Hero Spell.

Thanks for the clarification :)

Edit: Updated OP. There wasn't anything new revealed on the stream today either.

Edit again: Updated OP with information on efforts to prevent hacking from here.

Updated OP with information from the latest blog (Source 18). Also added a list of in-depth sources to post #4. This will also be where the first two posts will overflow into if needed.

This whole moba thing doesnt interest me at all really, dont get the point of it. I just want good old dungeon defenders, with a few new features. but the same game with the same feel about it!

This whole moba thing doesnt interest me at all really, dont get the point of it. I just want good old dungeon defenders, with a few new features. but the same game with the same feel about it!

I'm sure you'll have it. The MOBA is just their way of doing PvP. The classic tower defense will still be in the game, it's just being released later.

Update: Added a link for the Man and Machine to the third post.

On his stream today, Ice confirmed that there will be PURPLE in DD2. Sadly there were no other revelations.

Answering a question about DD1...

I missed that. The whole topic was about DD2. I guess that isn't confirmed then.

Edit: Link to Huntress page added to post #4

New info from Twitter:

[QUOTE] Lord Bubbles @SynysterSmiIe
@iamisom Will there be an option for playing against bots? (Easy, medium, hard, expert)
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE] Josh Isom @iamisom
@SynysterSmiIe We won't have bot support at launch, but there will be a way to practice your skills. More on that soon.[/QUOTE]

Updated OP with this tidbit of info.

The new blog post found here offers a look at the item system and also says that info on the Tower Defense side of things may be coming Monday!

Added a new section to post #4 where I'll be linking the Tower Defense blog posts as they are released as well. This week, Overworld.

Keep up the great work, gotrunks712!

Thanks for the support!

They've released the squire now, too. he is nearly a replica of the Legionare from HoN

I haven't added the released heroes to the main list up top. I just added a link to the list of released heroes that I have in the third post. Also added the same link to the section on Summoner Spells and provided a brief summary of the Overworld under the coop section.

Post by Jeremy concerning the tavern:
There will still also be your own personal Tavern to invite your friends into, and more decorating features for it too ;)

Regards,
Jeremy

Edit: Added a link to the new article on the PvP Town Hub.