SPOILERS: What do we know about DD2?

The game is far from released so all of this information is subject to change and varying in quality. A lot of what I've gathered so far is from various forum posts. I'm still working on compiling what I can, so feel free to post links to information you think should be added. Also, if there is anything Trendy would like removed, please let me know. I would like to keep this topic alive as information is available. The best place to start is by reading the official FAQ as well, which can be found here. Thanks!

MOBA
Games generally have a short duration between 10-25 minutes.[SUP]2,6[/SUP]
Customization items will transfer between modes.[SUP]1[/SUP]
Towers have around 20k health and pretty basic AI, can’t see invisible units even with wards placed nearby.[SUP]3[/SUP]
Beta is estimated to end sometime mid Summer.[SUP]10[/SUP]
MOBA will launch with 24 characters.[SUP]11[/SUP]
Max level in MOBA is 15.[SUP]11[/SUP]
The MOBA ties into the storyline.[SUP]11[/SUP]
Stats can be gained by playing the MOBA and come in the form of gems that can be attached to items.[SUP]13[/SUP]
The MOBA storyline is that a tournament has been called for some reason and heroes are coming to test their strength.[SUP]15[/SUP]
No bot support at launch, but there will be a way to practice.[SUP]19[/SUP]

Items:
4 Item slots in inventory.[SUP]10[/SUP]
All items are consumable.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Items of the same type don't stack (i.e. elixirs and oils).[SUP]6[/SUP] Only one elixir or oil active at a time. Activating a new one will replace the old.[SUP]11[/SUP]
Items from inventory persist upon death, but buffs do not.[SUP]5[/SUP]
Potions
Healing Potion - 300. Regen 3740 (%?) health over 20 seconds.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Mana Potion - 250. Regen 2500 (%?) mana over 20 seconds.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Aggresion Potion - 600.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Courage Potion - 600.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Rapidity Potion - 500.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Oils
Frost Oil - 1000. Until your next death your basic attacks chill enemies, slowing their movement speed by 20% for 3 seconds.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Fire Oil - 1000. Until your next death your basic attacks deal an additional 150 direct damage per second over 3 seconds.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Sundering Oil - 1000.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Draining Oil - 1000.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Leeching Oil - 1000. Until your next death you regain 2% health whenever you land a basic attack.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Elixirs
Arcane Elixir - 2500. Grants 200 damage, restores 5% of all ability damage as health, and protection from an enemy spell every 20 seconds. This effect remains active until death.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Tranquility Elixir - 2500. Grants an aura that increases movement speed by 50 and passive health and mana regeneration by 40% for yourself and nearby allies. This effet remains active until death.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Vicious Elixir - 2500. Grants 20% bonus attack speed, 15% damage, and you regain 10% of basic attack damage as health. This effect remains until death.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Dragon Scale Elixir - 2500. Grants a shield every 30 seconds with 2500 health, incoming damage is reduced by 10%, and 20% of prevented damage is reflected to the attacker. This effect remains active until death.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Revelation Elixir - 850[SUP]10[/SUP]
Tomes
Swiftness Tome - 300[SUP]10[/SUP]
Teleport Tome - 300[SUP]10[/SUP]
Shielding Tome - 400[SUP]10[/SUP]
Aversion Tome - 300[SUP]10[/SUP]
Wards
Sight Ward - 150[SUP]10[/SUP]
Revelation Ward - 300[SUP]10[/SUP]

Characters:
List of released characters and links to their pages.
Gun Witch (Ranged Carry)
Trick Shot - The Gun Witch shoots a bullet that bounces between multiple targets dealing damage to each. A target can only be hit once and the bullet will bounce a limited number of times.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Searing Strike - The Gun Witch takes to the skies and comes crashing down upon her enemies dealing damage in an area.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Magic Bullet - Imbuing iron with magic, the Gun Witch shoots a Magic Bullet that deals damage to the first target it hits. The target is also silenced for a brief time.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Wild Magic - The Gun Witch tames a bit of the wild magic around her and focuses it into her gun. After a short delay, the wild magic is too much to maintain and she releases it in a massive beam damaging all caught within.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Spider Princess[SUP]2[/SUP]
Abilities: Web enemies, slow/stun with a trap.[SUP]2[/SUP]
Summoner (Mage)
Summon Critterling - "Summons a Critterling that will chase down heroes or creeps and explode, dealing damage in an area. Critterlings can be killed in a few hits and will despawn after a moderate duration.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Flash heal - "Restores health to heroes and minions alike. Additionally, lane creeps will take less damage, Critterlings will deal more damage and in a larger area, and Blastlings will shoot faster and hits will deal damage every second over a short time. These buffs last until death.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Summon Blastling - "Summons a Blastling to guard an area. Blastlings will shoot heroes, creeps, and towers. They can be killed in a few hits and will despawn after a moderate duration.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Vortex - Rippling the fabric of reality itself, the Summoner opens a vortex to the Crystalline Dimension. Anyone caught in this vortex will be stunned and slowly pulled toward the center. This can be channeled for a short time but if the Summoner is stunned it will end early.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Kobold King[SUP]7[/SUP]
Ranged attack with grenades[SUP]7[/SUP]
Necromancer
Has the ability to place walls and block paths for a certain time[SUP]18[/SUP]
Lavamancer
Ranged ability called Eruption.[SUP]18[/SUP]
Characters move slowly and can't jump.[SUP]5, 6[/SUP]
Misc other abilities: Pulling enemies toward you, jumping across the map, healing allies.[SUP]3[/SUP]
Each character will have a background story explaining why they exist.[SUP]13[/SUP]
Other Heroes: Dryad, Lavamancer, Hunter, Man and Machine, Prisoner, Orc Chief, Crystalline Knight [SUP]9[/SUP] Crystalline Knight (Melee Tank)[SUP]10[/SUP] EV 2.0, Spirit Warrior [SUP]12[/SUP]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MOBA Continued

Summoner Spells
Escape Artist (Passive) - Reduces the duration of most debuffs on you by 30%. You will need to have Prisoner with level 10 or above to unlock this spell.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Purify - 120 sec cooldown. Dispels self of all debuffs. Can be used while stunned.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Heal - 120 sec cooldown. Heal self or an allied player for 20% of their Maximum Health.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Haste - 120 sec cooldown. Increases Speed by 175 and allows you to move through units for 10 seconds.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Hamstring - 120 sec cooldown. Decreases enemy movement speed by 40% for 5 seconds.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Conversion - 45 sec cooldown. Sacrifices 1,000 health to instantly gain 2,000 mana.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Banish - 45 sec cooldown. Damages an enemy Minion or Creep for 6,666 Direct Damage. Does not apply to enemy heroes.[SUP]10[/SUP]
Hero Spells are unlocked when certain characters reach level 10, and can then be used as your Summoner Spell on all heroes.[SUP]15[/SUP] There is also a list of recommended heroes to use the Summoner Spell for under "Works well with."[SUP]16[/SUP]
See character pages for more details.

Enemies
Jungle Creeps: gryphons, spiders[SUP]3[/SUP]
Chaos Demon: Grants a buff on death, 100k health, much better AI than other creeps.[SUP]3[/SUP]
Goblins, dark elves, gobbling/elf siege engine.[SUP]3[/SUP]
Three bosses on the map. [SUP]8[/SUP]

Rewards
Given at the end of the match. Customization, money, or a chest of items.[SUP]6[/SUP] Rewards for winning in MOBA are random - Loot, chest, currency.[SUP]11[/SUP]

Co-op
The goal is for all 24 MOBA heroes to have unique towers and abilites in coop.[SUP]11[/SUP]
Max level in co-op is TBD.[SUP]11[/SUP]
The number of characters for co-op at launch is to be determined, but the goal is 24 (same characters as MOBA).[SUP]11[/SUP]
Overworld - essentially a town that replaces the tavern as the gathering place for characters before their games. It is said to function a lot like Peach's Castle in Super Mario 64. Up to 24 players are allowed, entrances to maps will be found along with other hidden secrets for explorers to find.

MISC
Pet versions of the 4 original DD1 heroes were given away as codes for t-shirt purchases at PAX.[SUP]6[/SUP]
Levels do not transfer between game modes for balancing reasons.[SUP]1[/SUP]
New RNG system - Example: If an Ultimate drops, it will be good.[SUP]11[/SUP]
Free rotating list of heroes in MOBA, like League of Legends. The plan is also to have co-op heroes rotate.[SUP]11[/SUP]
More ways to unlock heroes besides playing to earn in game currency or paying for in game currency.[SUP]11[/SUP]
Bonuses for those who've played DD1 are being discussed.[SUP]11[/SUP]
They mentioned dyes and armor that you've dyed. That and other customization will transfer between modes.[SUP]11[/SUP]
Stats will be transferable to other items (i.e. you have a good bow, but like the looks of a new bow, you can transfer the stats to that bow).[SUP]12[/SUP]
Parts of skins can be mixed and matched (i.e. boots from one with chestpiece of another) and colored how you want.[SUP]13[/SUP]
Controllers will be fully supported in MOBA and cooperative.[SUP]14[/SUP]
All gameplay calculations will be handled server-side to prevent hacking.[SUP]17[/SUP]
The tavern will still make a return and be more customizable.[SUP]20[/SUP]

Sources:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Yeah. I know of the character names. I just know that Trendy asked they not be released a while back as well. Not sure if it's different now or not.
okay sorry should i delete it

okay sorry should i delete it

I would say yes just to be safe. Most are known from PAX probably, but just in case. Unless they start to be widely seen.

Character names have been hidden in the websites hyper text markup language since they set up dungeondefenders2.com character 19 the tank actually has a typo which makes it picture 191 too :P

I would say yes just to be safe. Most are known from PAX probably, but just in case. Unless they start to be widely seen.
okay did it

Character names have been hidden in the websites hyper text markup language since they set up dungeondefenders2.com character 19 the tank actually has a typo which makes it picture 191 too :P

I didn't realize they actually changed that :) Good to know. When they want the names out, they will be released. Anyone know if the PAX demo used the actual hero names or not?

TotalBiscuit's DD2 Impressions: http://youtu.be/Z6ciVD8laME?t=6m53s (About 7 mins in, for 1 min.)

TotalBiscuit compares DD2 to Smite, and provides some info about Presumably "in Match" Purchasable items. He states No Equips.

Oh, I'm not sure about all but a certain Class names, "The Tank" doesn't feel right for class name.

i once posted a list of all the heroes since i found a way to tell what they are, even though i wrote spoilers in big text in the title it got deleted by an admin, so dont be surprised if this one deletes too

Hence why I am trying to keep the names out of here, aside from what has been revealed through other sources.

Edit: Even took any names or hints to names out of the original posts, aside from the skills that were discussed in other areas.

Oh, I'm not sure about all but a certain Class names, "The Tank" doesn't feel right for class name.

I agree with 'The Tank' being a bad name. Its more of a role in an RTS game then a name for a character.

Made a few updates recently. Updating periodically as more info is released/found.

Summary from Twitch TV comments:
-New RNG system - Example: If an Ultimate drops, it will be good.
-Only one elixir or oil active at a time. Activating a new one will replace the old.
-Free rotating list of heroes, like League of Legends. The plan is also to have co-op heroes rotate.
-More ways to unlock heroes besides playing to earn in game currency or paying for in game currency.
-The goal is for all 24 MOBA heroes to have unique towers and abilites in coop.
-The MOBA ties into the storyline.
-MOBA games will be shorter in duration.
-Controller support is possible, but it is being designed for a keyboard and mouse.
-Rewards for winning in MOBA are random - Loot, chest, currency.
-Bonuses for those who've played DD1 are being discussed.
-MOBA will launch with 24. Co-op is to be determined, but the goal is 24 (same characters as MOBA).
-They mentioned dyes and armor that you've dyed.
-Max level in MOBA is 15. Max level in co-op is TBD.

Edit: Updated link to the video.
Edit2: Updated main post with this information.

Summary from Twitch TV comments:
-New RNG system - Example: If an Ultimate drops, it will be good.
-Only one elixir or oil active at a time. Activating a new one will replace the old.
-Free rotating list of heroes, like League of Legends. The plan is also to have co-op heroes rotate.
-More ways to unlock heroes besides playing to earn in game currency or paying for in game currency.
-The goal is for all 24 MOBA heroes to have unique towers and abilites in coop.
-The MOBA ties into the storyline.
-MOBA games will be shorter in duration.
-Controller support is possible, but it is being designed for a keyboard and mouse.
-Rewards for winning in MOBA are random - Loot, chest, currency.
-Bonuses for those who've played DD1 are being discussed.
-MOBA will launch with 24. Co-op is to be determined, but the goal is 24 (same characters as MOBA).
-They mentioned dyes and armor that you've dyed.
-Max level in MOBA is 15. Max level in co-op is TBD.

Edit: Updated link to the video.
Edit2: Updated main post with this information.

That new RNG system.. <3

Thanks for the support :)

Another article from PAX that mentions a few more things already known. It does elaborate a bit on customization including items and dyes. You can find it here.