Sign in to follow this  
Ryzours

Wave Replay

As suggested in another thread :
I'd love to be able to see a 5-10 second replay of what failed so I can see how they got through and improve the build for next time. Even having this for survival so I can see what 1 shot the crystal out of nowhere.

I'd like even more than 5-10 seconds, and it would be good to be able to fly around during the replay to see how everything is working out.

A fully free-roam 30 second replay would be awesome. That's enough to track down whichever entity caused the problem, where they came from, and how they slipped through so you can re-evaluate your approach for next time.

I would love a full replay system, as it would make it easier for people to show friends how they beat a level on a certain difficulty.

that would be a insane amount of memory being tied up

this!! and as nice as I think it would be, I don't think it's going to happen

I would love this. I've only had 2 random one-shots in DD1, but they still make me wonder how it happened. I'd love to be able to have tools to help refine my builds. Even if it's optional.

that would be a insane amount of memory being tied up

Depends on how its implemented, if Starcraft can do it why would it be out of the question here?

Seconded. Trendy was completely unprepared for the massive success of the first game, so a lot of stuff that seems obvious can be attributed to that. With DD2, I'm hoping they won't hold back on features, especially since it's even more PC-first than its' predecessor.

Seconded. Trendy was completely unprepared for the massive success of the first game, so a lot of stuff that seems obvious can be attributed to that. With DD2, I'm hoping they won't hold back on features, especially since it's even more PC-first than its' predecessor.

Couldn't agree more.

this!! and as nice as I think it would be, I don't think it's going to happen

obviously you save replays locally, not on trendy servers lol. and it would just overwrite itself every game you play unless you go into your replays and change it's name to something different. very simple concept, and a great idea. there are no cons.