MOBA TPS & Tower Upgrade?

Hi, so far what we've seen about the competitive mode is that it's going to be a lot like Dota & LoL. In my opinion you should take more of a original try at it.

Third Person View has been already discussed, but not too much. It would bring something new and different to MOBA games in general.

Tower Upgrades also would bring something new, and it would be nice as an extra, if you don't buy gear in every round, you could use them in towers/turrets. I don't think it would unbalance the game too much, you could get them with mana/gold/another resource which you get every round. My only concern is, that when the seemingly better team would push through, they would have to face a capped tower which could be practically impossible to bring down. Also this could bring more strategy to it, if it's going to go with the same kind of map as Dota & LoL, there would be 3 towers at every directions. The team would have to locate the weakest one and attack there.

Third Person View has been already discussed, but not too much. It would bring something new and different to MOBA games in general.

You should try "Smite", its a MOBA F2P game in third person.

I personally love it. :)

You should try "Smite", its a MOBA F2P game in third person.

I personally love it. :)

Yea, Smite is a pretty great game. Not sure if it has the same feel DD2 is going to have to it, but hard to say right now.

Yea, Smite is a pretty great game. Not sure if it has the same feel DD2 is going to have to it, but hard to say right now.
DD2 will be much more fun imo! :)

• 1 month later...
Hi, so far what we've seen about the competitive mode is that it's going to be a lot like Dota & LoL. In my opinion you should take more of a original try at it.

Tower Upgrades also would bring something new, and it would be nice as an extra, if you don't buy gear in every round, you could use them in towers/turrets. I don't think it would unbalance the game too much, you could get them with mana/gold/another resource which you get every round. My only concern is, that when the seemingly better team would push through, they would have to face a capped tower which could be practically impossible to bring down. Also this could bring more strategy to it, if it's going to go with the same kind of map as Dota & LoL, there would be 3 towers at every directions. The team would have to locate the weakest one and attack there.

I agree this sounds like they are trying to make another Dota or LoL and I highly highly disagree with this decision. If they want to go into the MOBA industry they need a unique take on it and if this is truly going to be a dungeon defenders game there better be tower building in it. A unique take on MOBA that includes tower building + hero interactions could be extremely awesome. For instance if the map starts with no towers at first and your team has to actually build the lane defenses for X minutes before the map begins.

TLDR: don't copy LoL...

Global upgrades were introduced in the game Demigod. While I personally loved the idea, the game itself just wasn't good enough to hold the attention. Mostly because there weren't enough heroes I guess. Either way, I'm not sure if it would fit in with the casual feel they're going for.

I do still love it though.

I'll be honest, when I started this up I expected something more than a LITERAL League of Legends clone with a really bad camera. I feel like if the devs made the game more like SMITE with actual third person action combat, and added the entire turret upgrading mechanic, it would be a lot better and a lot more unique. Or maybe make it more like Super Monday Night Combat, where it's actually 3D with a lot of places to jump to and not just a flat map. I don't know.

Just don't copy Legal Legends. Please. And fix the camera. I can't see anything.

you say it wont unballance the game? yet you then say the better team would meet an impossible tower? that doesnt seem right.

also a moba games give little room to move, if you where to have a proper moba DDF game it would be better to have a new map type not the typical dota map seen far too often, and have it so heroes lay their own defences.

but i feel the current map and style should stay but have new moba maps added to incorporate more of the tower defense type game play.

why opt for one or the other when they can just as easily have both and make both parties happy. the ones who dont like one way can have an alternative, catering to both parties is the way to go.

there are those who like the standard dota style with DDF twist, why ruin it for them just to make you happy? i would prefer them to continue to polish the current map and add a new one that caters to those who want more of a TD PvP this is early beta so they have time to add more.

The problem is that there's absolutely no DDF twist at this moment. Right now, it's just LoL painted over with a different item system. The devs really need to start making the game more unique, is what I'm thinking. MOBAs are a dime a dozen lately, and those that don't offer anything interesting and unique simply die out, because nobody wants to play a copy of something they're already playing.