Sign in to follow this  
Norman728

Monitor shuts off

I bought DD in the Humble bundle 5. I try to play and it starts to run , flashes to the screen and my monitor shuts off but my computer keeps running.

This belongs in regular dungeon defenders threads. However I think I know what the problem could be. I think it could be a problem with your graphics card running the game full screen. When you launch you game rather than clicking on play, click configure and then go to gfx/sound in the top bar and uncheck full screen and click on the lowest resolution then save and launch.

Here is an image of how your gfx settings should look like: http://puu.sh/2nH5w (Did not place it here due to it being very large)

Anything highlighted and underlined in red pen you should have checked/un-checked. Anything that isn't can can keep on or off based on your preference.

If this does not work can you specify your computer specs?

Hope this fixes your issue!

This kind of issue can also happen if your monitor is dying. However if the monitor is dying then other games should be affected aswell and it should show symptons during booting of the computer.

I ran the demo just fine and all Test sites say I should run with no problem. all other games run fine. I will try a new install after a malware check.

I did as OJP suggested and Now I see the window and it just crashes. I ran a check and cleaned up files. DirectX 9 says its fine. Torchlight 2, LOTRO , DDO run fine.

Any of these may help you:

Q:From the Dungeon Defenders Launcher I press play and the game crashes. Or game doesn't launch at all.
A:
Possible Fixes:

Please make sure your in-game resolution is the same as your desktop resolution.

If you have GamerOSD, please uninstall this and try launching.

File Re-Name:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dungeon defenders\Binaries\Win32

Rename DungeonDefenders.exe to DungeonDefenders.old

Then rename DunDefGame.exe to DungeonDefenders.exe

Region Setting:
If your PC is set to any Locale outside of English, German, French, Spanish, and Italian, try changing your Locale to one of these. You can follow these general steps to do this:
Control Panel > Region and Language > Administrative > Change System Locale

Anti-Virus Program:
If you are having issues launching, did you have an Anti-Virus program running at the time you downloaded the game? It could be blocking some files from being downloaded. Try disabling your Anti-Virus program and re-downloading everything and see if that works.

Verifying Cache:
1: Open your steam library
2: Right click Dungeon Defenders (http://i.imgur.com/UyPCa.jpg)
3: Click properties (http://i.imgur.com/JvLz2.jpg)
4: Click local files (http://i.imgur.com/TO5wC.png)
5: Click verify integrity of game cache (http://i.imgur.com/IZDGD.png)

Deleting Local Content:
Go into your Program Files and follow the path:
Steam > steamapps > Common > dungeon defenders > Engine
Delete the folder "Localization"
Perform a reinstall.

If you have AVG or Panda Cloud Anti-Virus:
Try uninstalling it and see what happens.

If you have NOD32 installed make sure it did not remove DunDefGame.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dungeon defenders\Binaries\Win32 . NOD32 should be okay with DD now since NOD32 fixed the false positive but if NOD32 is still flagging the program make sure your NOD32 definitions are up to date.

I'm getting this same problem, after about 45 minutes of gameplay, my monitor just goes black, like my computer is going in sleep mode (Says turning off in 30 seconds) this is seriously the ONLY game that causes this. I can't ctrl alt delete, alt f4, or alt tab to stop this black screen, I have to actually turn off my computer and turn it back on just to see my screen again. and no, my computer never overheats, I've updated my drivers, I can play wow on ultra settings and stuff like this never happens. this is seriously the only game i've had that causes this problem, and from reading other threads here, other people are having the same exact problem, i've verified the itegrity of game cache a countless number of times, I've reinstalled the game twice, and still, nothing works.. i really want to play this game and I can't, I've been looking up this problem for the past like week now and I still haven't found any information that stops these pc crashes (And btw, I can still hear everything else on my computer, too like say if I'm listening to music, I can still hear that just fine even though I get that black screen)

So if anyone can help... please do... It sucks buying a game and then not being able to play it :(