New Heroes, makes me wonder...

With the new heroes being added into the lineup, each with their own unique towers and/or abilities; I wonder what that means for the diversity in Cooperative game play.

For instance, currently for most NMHC runs I use the line up of Monk, Huntress, Summoner, Series EV... and this gets me through most if not every map I run (mostly due to gear checks on maps I can't complete).

Will the same hold true for DDII, will certain heroes be phased out as new heroes are released? It's not that I mind, because odds are I will eventually own every champion, and hopefully get them "maxed out" to some degree.

I guess in the end it's just an issue of balancing that I know they're working on and I'm quite interested to see how it turns out. :)

There will always be heroes that does the job better than another. I just hope they all have uniqe and cool towers, but still able to do a little of everything.

I just hope the game doesn't fall into what DD1 did. You NEED this, that and this, or you have no chance.

I'm not jealus of the work they have to do to pull this off lol.

I REALLY hope they don't fall into the DD1 trap of only Summoner, EV, Squire, Monk being usable in NMHC. I want to see different versions of towers. Like that plant/druid girl making a giant area of thicket that slows enemies and heals allies to replace monk slow aura. Or something like that.

That could definitely be something they could look into, copy cat characters so that not only one is valid to fill the role. And with 24 heroes upon release with more to come there after I can almost see this being an almost undeniable outcome, to some extent at least.

Given the fact that free Heroes will be on a constant rotation, Trendy would have to add diversity and overlap for each Hero's Towers & Abilities, or we'd have periods of stagnation.

I would like different options so that each person could choose from a number of heroes to fill different roles. That's much better than the alternative where some are required to build no matter what, even if you don't like them. They could even mix up the effects of different towers, while still having the same general purpose (i.e. the standard gas trap, a web trap that either immobilizes or severely slows the enemy, etc.)

I would like different options so that each person could choose from a number of heroes to fill different roles. That's much better than the alternative where some are required to build no matter what, even if you don't like them. They could even mix up the effects of different towers, while still having the same general purpose (i.e. the standard gas trap, a web trap that either immobilizes or severely slows the enemy, etc.)

That would be interesting.

The way I picture it is you would have different classes of towers. From DD1 you have standard tower, laser wall, aura, and explosive. Then I imagine each hero would fall into one of those (or possibly other new) categories. From there, you make some changes. Maybe Kobold King has a weaker version of gas trap but a stronger tnt trap. Or maybe they do completely different things. There are a ton of small things they can tweak to completely change the feel of otherwise similar towers. I imagine that some maps will favor some characters more than others, but each will have their chance to shine somewhere. Also, I hope there are some extra pure DPS options like barbarian, because seeing builder+a bunch of barbarians got kinda annoying after awhile.