Will there be any benefits to having played a lot of dungeon defenders 1/owning DLC's

Just curious, because I know there are some people out dere with over 500 hours on DD1, as for myself have over 180, and put a lot of time/ have all DLC...etc

They probably won't transfer any item to avoid hacked items in the game. The only benefit that I can see is maybe you get more experience?

It would be a really nice gesture from Trendy if they gave people who own DD1 all the original heroes for free (monk, huntress, squire, apprentice). It's not likely, however. Trendy Entertainment is a business, and by giving four heroes for free to thousands of players owning DD1, they would essentially pass up tens of thousands of dollars.

Let's keep in mind, though, even Activision(!) gave away the map "Terminal" for free when they ported it from MW2 to MW3.

I would actually be inclined to get all the original heroes AND the DLC heroes we have already paid for. It would seem kind of odd and unfair that Trendy just re-uses the hero ideas and sells them to you over again.

Dunno about loots/costumes, but at least for the main game (TD portion, I consider Moba an amusing diversion); you will have knowledge of the lore, strategies for various types of maps & Towers, etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see that a bunch of different gameplay aspects carry over; like a campaign map using the Raining Goblins style, identifying where to spawn camp the monsters or build tight around the crystal, and so on.

The "parent" weapons that most of us had to start out with wouldn't hurt to have again. They were nicely potent for their lack of a level requirement but they did get replaced rather quickly.

The reward you get for playing 180 or 500 or 1000 hours of DD1 is that many hours of enjoyment, for whatever pittance you paid for the game.

Don't bog them down with mundane requests; let them create a great game to give you another several hundred hours of enjoyment.

Other than the idea of giving out exclusive costumes to people with hundreds or thousands of hours in DD1,I don't see why they wouldn't do this since the success of their first game ultimately led to to creating a sequel.

Other than the idea of giving out exclusive costumes to people with hundreds or thousands of hours in DD1,I don't see why they wouldn't do this since the success of their first game ultimately led to to creating a sequel.

They shouldn't do it because it takes time and resources to create that kind of system. Time and resources that should all be devoted to creating the best sequel ever.

The one thing I could see is having a trophy room with your achievements from DD1 but thats not to important. I don't really think it is feasible for them to give you anything for playing first one.

I have 2.3k hours according to steam and I hope NONE of my stuff carriers over from DD 1 into DD 2. I DO hope that all of my experience from playing and becoming a better DD 1 player will have transferable skills that will make me a better player at the DD 2 coop/tower mode than a player who hasn't played DD 1.

The one thing I could see is having a trophy room with your achievements from DD1 but thats not to important. I don't really think it is feasible for them to give you anything for playing first one.

I agree. I would only want it to be something aesthetic. Anything else, from personal experience, would just get annoying to the game's population. I've always hated having to go play another game to unlock something in the game I really want to play.

I think an exclusive skin that made the heroes young again to represent the first game would fit although I do not know how they would distribute the skins.

I would think that would be easy if the game was introduced on steam or tied to your steam account in some other way. They could probably track it backwards in some way.

I'd much rather NOT have something exclusive, that would be horrible for any new player coming into the game, getting a hero for free or something, maybe, but not anything exclusive, no

I'd much rather NOT have something exclusive, that would be horrible for any new player coming into the game, getting a hero for free or something, maybe, but not anything exclusive, no

I think any exclusive item or pet is a bad idea as it discourages people who are new to the series knowing they can never get something. I wouldn't be against a trophy room or some indication of the achievements from the first game. I don't know if it would be feasible but if the game is on steam I think it may be. It is also something that can be attained after game is released because people can go back and get them.

I think any exclusive item or pet is a bad idea as it discourages people who are new to the series knowing they can never get something. I wouldn't be against a trophy room or some indication of the achievements from the first game. I don't know if it would be feasible but if the game is on steam I think it may be. It is also something that can be attained after game is released because people can go back and get them.
Discourages new players? The new players won't give a damn if there are exclusive items for the fans of the original game and this has been proven multiple times in games with exclusive items that do not affect gameplay.

Discourages new players? The new players won't give a damn if there are exclusive items for the fans of the original game and this has been proven multiple times in games with exclusive items that do not affect gameplay.

I agree.

Many companies do this when people pre-order games. They receive exclusive skins that are just purely cosmetic as they took the time and effort to go through such trouble.

It doesn't affect gameplay at all.

The same principle still applies. I believe the people who have spent thousands of countless hours on Trendy's first successful game could receive something special. :)
Skins wouldn't hurt at all.

At the very least we should get a portrait of our DD1 characters to hang on our tavern walls

it wouldn't be difficult to figure out who should get one because there are various timestamped steam achievements to base it upon

If they are going to give us a benefit like that I think it should be costumes that turn the original 4 characters into the kid versions. From the video it looked like the heroes are all grown up, I'd like to be able to be the kids again. :P

I have 2.3k hours according to steam and I hope NONE of my stuff carriers over from DD 1 into DD 2. I DO hope that all of my experience from playing and becoming a better DD 1 player will have transferable skills that will make me a better player at the DD 2 coop/tower mode than a player who hasn't played DD 1.

You are one of the few people on this thread that I can agree with. Personally, I don't see anything good on already pumping up your fresh new game with stupid crap that people generally don't want. Exclusives are not the way to go, especially not in a f2p game that will probably get just as much, if not more, attention than its predeccesor.

If they are going to give us a benefit like that I think it should be costumes that turn the original 4 characters into the kid versions. From the video it looked like the heroes are all grown up, I'd like to be able to be the kids again. :P

I think that's a great idea for reward to veteran DD players \o/ Me wants!

I wouldn't mind that either, but I could see why people wouldn't want exclusives. I'm a collector in games that I really like and if something is exclusive in a game I just started playing, it's kind of annoying.

I wouldn't mind that either, but I could see why people wouldn't want exclusives. I'm a collector in games that I really like and if something is exclusive in a game I just started playing, it's kind of annoying.

I do the same thing... Become a collector. It's a bad habit though, cause although it gives me a fun challenge I end up getting completely obsessed with extremely expensive items.....
Anyway, this is just a skin, not an item. They could even do something like TF2. If you owned DD1, you get a 'Genuine Young Apprentice Skin'. If you never had DD1 before the release of DD2 but still want the skin, you can buy it from the in-game shop. However, yours will not be titled 'Genuine'.