Ice

Item Check Thread

IC pls                                                  aqbq287t.png

Question to Item checker:

• How do you guys item check ?
  • Base on an Experience in the game (that's what i think) or using some sort of thing ?

Thanks is Advance 

@kg4q quote:

• Base on an Experience in the game (that's what i think) or using some sort of thing ?

Thanks is Advance 

It is a bit of both. We do have formulas which we can use to calculate item quality ratings and so on but the sheet is not perfect and it does require someone who knows when the sheet is wrong.

@kg4q quote:

Thanks is Advance 

Black Magic (the cat)

Formulas and stuff

@harry4550 quote:

@kg4q quote:

Thanks is Advance 

It is a bit of both. We do have formulas which we can use to calculate item quality ratings and so on but the sheet is not perfect and it does require someone who knows when the sheet is wrong.

if that's the case then training more item checkers would be nice to the forums :)

@kg4q quote:

@harry4550 quote:

@kg4q quote:

Thanks is Advance 

if that's the case then training more item checkers would be nice to the forums :)

Acen and myself recently tried to bring two additional people into the mix but I guess they kind of bailed on us be for even getting started... Things like this can be difficult to find the right people who will be willing to put in the time. I know Acen and myself are often very busy with cdt and event stuff.  It can be very difficult to find people who are willing to do a lot of work for nothing in return though. 

Mainly IC requires a decent bit of trust factor as well. Wouldn't want the "know-hows" falling into wrong hands. Especially considering the now out in open "self-acknowledged" case. But yea...

Right now I think the problem is lack of people willing to commit for IC'ing or for that matter hosting events etc., the player base is just not there and what few people are here are already pre-occupied with either of those two. So getting in new people is always going to be a bit of challenge coz no-one knows how long they will be around, or whether or not they will be trustworthy enough, and what [[55236,users]] said simply the lack of people willing to volunteer.

Volunteering is one thing, but asking people to do something is other, in the latter case they are just not interested enough to help out for longer periods of time.

I'll share my own case here, back 3-4 years I was mildly interested in volunteering to IC, but the then active IC'ers had to go through such a massive scrutiny and sh!tstorm if they said a few items were hacked. That alone put me off to come forward, becasue its just too much to deal with when you willingly volunteer to help people but they just abuse & crucify you for being right, LOL! Although this is back when the game was at its peak. Its much better now with a significantly lesser player-base(dunno if that's a good thing or not), but then again with less over-all playerbase there is the problem of even lesser people willing to volunteer for something like this. Even more so now, considering how dead the trading scene is.

I might (shamelessly) put forward my name for this assuming you are still considering people who are willing to help out. In that case I'd just like to know how much time does it take you guys to check up items, and what prior knowledge of things is needed. Still on the fence though, but yea! :-)

Time it takes to check an item can be anywhere from 3 seconds to 3 hours. Usually takes about a minute. 

Prior knowledge... kinda a lot... or at least the more the better. The ability to figure things out when a curve ball comes up is also very very helpful...

Luckily item checking has gotten a lot more accurate in the past 3-4 years. Of course this doesn't mean that you wont get crap from time to time for calling something hacked but... Its really much more of just not minding having people message you everyday asking you to check something. 

As to the trustworthiness aspect... yes... big time. Item checks have the rare "power" of destroying someones reputation, crushing the economy, destroy trading, and so much more overnight. Its not exactly something to be taken lightly. 

Item check plz

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/367434986795666992/B19B9AB2A5FD638DA2BBD9C425E51F79252EECE9/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/367434986795666418/C7ED7BEDF8BC7EBD1AEA6D74BDEB6B2831420C78/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/367434986795665971/0EA21B443BC5B757852BFDF0B19343ABB44423FA/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/367434986795665434/07A5C4FF0771F6FB02198B16F338AABBC6FCDBA4/

need this ICed for an auction pls, ty in advance (haven't been around for a while, think you need me to message you a uncensored pic? let me know)

5f7867e3a5793a578d3563257d2378cc.png

@ilovecheddah quote:

need this ICed for an auction pls, ty in advance (haven't been around for a while, think you need me to message you a uncensored pic? let me know)

5f7867e3a5793a578d3563257d2378cc.png

looks possible