Farming Mana - Solo or Group?

If I'm farming Glitter on Hard and I can solo it really easy in max 10-13 minutes

is it better to solo or do it with a group?

group = more mobs = more item drops = you have to share mana between your group

solo = less mobs = less item drops = you keep all the mana

anyone know what's faster rates per hour?

Solo is better for mana.

what if I get 3 of my friends to sit in my game afk for the exp to power level their characters

and I loot everything myself? will that be faster than solo?

Solo is definitely better mana efficiency. Less mobs, less health, specifically red ogres on Glitterhelm, not much less drops.

what if I get 3 of my friends to sit in my game afk for the exp to power level their characters

and I loot everything myself? will that be faster than solo?

You won't be able to loot everything yourself, and you'll probably end up with a full inventory before the wave ends.

I GUESS that could be faster.

The problem will be soloing it mostly. 4 people will have red ogres that demolish your blockades without help. There's a reason people do insane maps solo to make it easier :P.

The problem will be soloing it mostly. 4 people will have red ogres that demolish your blockades without help. There's a reason people do insane maps solo to make it easier :P.

This too, although if you're doing this on hard it might be reasonable.

This too, although if you're doing this on hard it might be reasonable.
It's not ^^. I was referring to Hard Glitterhelm in that post. Even 2 people managed to screw over my 70 squire's bouncers.

This game punishes mana making in groups. This is simply due to the fact that the item spawn limit cannot accomodate the increased number of monsters as a result of having more players. Trendynet should consider multiplying (or some formula) to increase the item spawn limit relative to the number of players in games.

I've found nothing faster than AFK-ing Hard Ramparts. Set up in the first 2 rounds (or even midway through the first round as you pick up the crystals), minimize the window, come back later, and you'll earn anywhere from 100 ~ 250k. That is, you don't pick up anything, just let the game autosell everything as the round progresses. When the final match is complete, it is IMPERATIVE that you click on NEXT LEVEL at the Crystal so that it autosells the final round's drops. Or else, you'd lose that. =)

While it is not as much as other maps, you can do this RELATIVELY QUICKLY and you can be doing something else while you're at it.

This game punishes mana making in groups. This is simply due to the fact that the item spawn limit cannot accomodate the increased number of monsters as a result of having more players. Trendynet should consider multiplying (or some formula) to increase the item spawn limit relative to the number of players in games.

I've found nothing faster than AFK-ing Hard Ramparts. Set up in the first 2 rounds (or even midway through the first round as you pick up the crystals), minimize the window, come back later, and you'll earn anywhere from 100 ~ 250k. That is, you don't pick up anything, just let the game autosell everything as the round progresses. When the final match is complete, it is IMPERATIVE that you click on NEXT LEVEL at the Crystal so that it autosells the final round's drops. Or else, you'd lose that. =)

While it is not as much as other maps, you can do this RELATIVELY QUICKLY and you can be doing something else while you're at it.
It autosells no matter how you quit the level.

It's not ^^. I was referring to Hard Glitterhelm in that post. Even 2 people managed to screw over my 70 squire's bouncers.

I soloed insane glitterhelm with one person in my group..

It autosells no matter how you quit the level.

I may be wrong, but I think if you just go to tavern, it doesn't auto sell. It seemed that way when I was actually paying attention, so I can't confirm or deny the validity of what I just said.

I can confirm that loot with autosell if you return to the tavern after a map is complete. For a while I would click next because I was afraid, but one day decided to check it and my mana was higher when I got back into the tavern. I cannot, however, confirm that it will do it on Glitterhelm, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

get a tower knight and go solo insane ramparts u get +400k each run

you get 400k+ on glitterhelm hard, easier and faster. and you can afk it.

to OP
items will auto-sell, but items will also despawn - it's good to loot gems and items that look good mid round just to be safe, if you are running around. The more friends you have in the game means the more stuff that will drop, and also more ogres with more hp, that can end up killing you if your tower placement and dps isnt perfect. If you want to farm mana, do this solo, or ask your friends to share the mana they receive - it's fine to selectively loot the gear - but looting everything will take more time then its worth. Hate filtering in the itembox.

you get 400k+ on glitterhelm hard, easier and faster. and you can afk it.

Not likely. I know from my attempts to finish it on hard that at some point on the last and next-to-last waves you will get at least one case of double ogres at the same spawn point. And those went through my stuff in seconds so no way you can afk through the last two waves.

Each player only adds 33% more mobs, not double. With four players, that's double the amount of mobs split four ways. Half as effective as solo. Furthermore, the mobs are much, much tougher with four people making actually killing them harder.

Solo.

Now, the reverse is true for XP. Not only are there more mobs, but the bonuses seem to be much larger with more people.