Console!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I read the FAQ entry that suggested the console version of DD2 msy or may not be released. I just wanted to chime in for the latter. I love DD on my PS3 and not getting DD2 would make me sad :-(

Since this will be cross platform to include Android and Ios, maybe the lower end pc's will run it smoothly. I think I even read somewhere it may have a web-based option?

bro the reason why people dont get it on pc is because there pc is to crappy

Even my 2 years old 250 netbook can run DunDef perfectly fine. It doesn't require much.

Well yes, I know I could just get it for PC, that's not what my post was about. I currently place DD1 on my PS3 and would like to continue to do so for DD2. It's a preference thing :-)

TE has stated they are not planning on making games on consoles for the forseen future due to the 15 million hoops you need to jump through to get your game on the systems, and for every single update.
also to the extent of my knowledge, F2P games don't exist on consoles because the companies in charge don't want to haveto deal with having systems for supporting F2P games. since DD2 is planned to be F2P, i think that's pretty definitive that you shouldn't expect to see console versions of it.

there will be mobile versions aplenty however, so you should still be able to play it, just on your mobile devices rather than on your jail locked consoles that restrict improvements in the gaming industry.

• 2 weeks later...
I play DD1 on my PC with my PS3 controller, simply because PC offered more.

How exactly do you get a ps3 controller to work on pc? Since i prefer controller for DD i am switching to pc for DD2

How exactly do you get a ps3 controller to work on pc? Since i prefer controller for DD i am switching to pc for DD2

You'll need to buy Bluetooth hardware.. and links

I'm not sure if you will be able to use a pad at all for PVP, unless you use software to emulate a Mouse and keyboard.

i play DD on 360 and love the game but dont like the fact that they dont update the console version the way they do pc but i understand why they dont. for that reason i am in the process of getting a pc(only own a laptop at the moment) for DD2.

You can use MotionInJoy to install the signed drivers for the PS3 controller. You are technically going to be "emulating" a 360 controller (solely for using XInput) so you will be using a PS3 controller, but the images in-game will be that of a 360 controller.

Not even sure if they can make this game run smooth enough on the aging Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3 but i read that both the next Xbox and the Playstation 4 will utilize PC hardware so there might be a port in the future perhaps?
I know Sony got some F2P titles on PS3 already while the only F2P title on Xbox 360 is Happy Wars.

Only thing that would stop the Trendy devs would be the expensive dev kits they would need to purchase first. :(

i have playt ALOTE of DD on ps3 and alote order poepel to and i think on the xbox to and we all wanna have DD2 on the console we all love to play it and from lookig to my friend list DD get almost just as much playt like C.O.D and most friends i have invite't on C.O.D we all love DD and we hope i come's can on console again in the next DD becuse not all peopel have a supper good PC and if you have a ps3 or Xbox you can always play it and you naver have a leg or someing close to that.

Not even sure if they can make this game run smooth enough on the aging Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3 but i read that both the next Xbox and the Playstation 4 will utilize PC hardware so there might be a port in the future perhaps?
I know Sony got some F2P titles on PS3 already while the only F2P title on Xbox 360 is Happy Wars.

Only thing that would stop the Trendy devs would be the expensive dev kits they would need to purchase first. :(

The issue isn't the one time cost of a dev kit. The bigger issue is that, at least with the current generation, it is a pain in the *** to get a patch out to console. There's a reason PC gets content before consoles. So the release of a console version depends on the policies of the individual consoles. Trendy knows there's money to be made in the new consoles, the issue is if it's really worth all the effort. If patching remains as hard as it is right now, I highly doubt that Trendy will release a console version. If you really do like a console, since there is going to be an Android version and the Ouya runs on android, it may work on the ouya.