Sign in to follow this  
Quickzoom

Diamond?

What is your guy's opinion on this?
Should I take a huge gamble and make a diamond or sell all my coal?
I have 63 coal 6 cubes 1 mk2
So i can easily make a diamond with 2 cubes

I found myself in the exact same situation a few days ago. Went for the diamond spawn, got unlucky.
caps tower dmg but does not even reach 600 in tower health.

Don't know what you mean by good odds. Most of the time diamonds can't cap a single stat. Although, it's highly unlikely you'll get one worse than a kobold. I'd say go for it since even bad ones are normally better than kobolds and you can say you have a diamond.

Even a bad diamond would sell for 4 cubes - or even more - so that you will have to do half of the work to try again, and so on. I got lucky in my first try, but I'm a bit afraid regarding the second (it is so hard to get so many coals!).

This may seem a bit far fetched, but I think there is something with the day of the month and spawns/drops. I just seem to get better spawns or drops on or around the 19th of the month, which just so happens to be the release "day" date. I don't know and cannot confirm any resetting of the RNG by day of the month, so this is just from my experience and trying to make sense of the RNG. So, spawn your diamond in open, and let us know the results!!

I read somewhere on these forums a couple weeks ago that the chances of a diamond capping at least a single stat are 1 in 4 diamonds.

Personally, I just haven't been lucky, but its always fun to take a chance.

Only gamble if you're rich enough to afford losing out on the currency. You have less than a 1 in 5 chance of getting a diamond worth more than 6 cubes.