Sign in to follow this  
AK47FAN762

are you dissapointed with DD2 so far

I'm disappointed that they decided dungeon defenders 2 should be focused primarily on the MOBA. Dungeon Defenders 1 had huge success by being the game it was, a coop action tower defense game. I believe that the coop portion of Dungeon Defenders 2 is going to be low priority and not invested in heavily. I believe this because Trendy TOLD us OFFICIALLY that they were NOT working a DD2 but rather a completely different game...we now know they meant the MOBA. They finally realized people were not going to tolerate the broken engine mechanics that exist in DD1 that cannot be fixed due to core coding that cannot be changed when they started losing DLC money. This is why they added in the coop portion for DD2. This is also why the coop portion is only in "pre-alpha" according to Trendy.

I post this NOT to tear down. My SOLE hopes is to get the attention of the devs and the community so we can have a GREAT sequel to DD1. I hope i am very wrong, i really truly hope i am VERY wrong about the coop portion of DD2. I hope they will hear this and put the attention and effort into the game that it deserves. As far as MOBA's go, with DOTA2 now up to a $1 million tournament twice every year, I believe DD2 should focus on what it does best from DD1...which is not a moba lol. If they truly want to compete on the MOBA scene they would need to have the support to compete with DOTA2, LOL, or HON. I could be wrong but i dont believe they will be able to take a huge share of the moba market.

So do what you do best Trendy. Your success was because of DD1. Fix the "unfixable" bugs with a brand new engine. Give us the DD2 we *want* and you will see the money flowing in just as it did with DD1.

Why do you think the competitive MOBA is our primary focus?

lol... people just run with what they hear first :) Unless you strap them to a chair and have a goooooood long talk with them and show them pretty videos for 3 days straight, some people will always misinterpret the master plan and focus on "... MOBA coming out..."

for myself its unknown at this stage and a majority of that is due to the MOBA, the coop tower defency part similar or better then DD1 i welcome greatly. having it pay for characters and not maps (no confirm) is also a good direction if its taken that way.

but in regards to moba i have issues, primarily because it has to do something different/fun then the other moba's out there. there is no point trying to take it serious as league and dota will keep a large market share for their competitive nature. i think a different take on the moba could work but as to what direction that would be only trendy knows at present

I don't know about DD2, but I have a really bad feeling about DD3.
The way Trendy doesn't even dare to talk about it means more than thousands of words.

Also, 20% of people disappointed by DD2 nine month before it's realised... At this rate, when DD3 comes out, 25425% of players will be disappointed.

Hey iamisom! i feel that the primary focus is on the MOBA because of the posts made by Trendy officials in the previous forums! We were previously told that you were working on a new game AND that the new game was NOT dungeon defenders 2. this point was stressed. Obviously what you were working on was the MOBA and you never intended to call it Dungeon Defenders 2 but rather give it a new name. So either we were lied to originally and you always intended to make the new game dd2, or you changed your mind due to the rampant unfixable problems in dd1 that required a new engine to fix(because of it's great success!!!).

I assume between those 2 choices, that you did not lie to us and rather changed your minds. This is why the MOBA is in beta now and the new coop dd2 is still in pre alpha. You were clearly working on the MOBA before you had intentions of adding in the coop part of the new game.

Again as i stated before I truly hope I am wrong about the moba being your primary focus! I also desperately hope the coop portion of dd2 will get the time and development it needs to be a truly amazing game!

Also, thank you very much for the reply iamisom! Just seeing you respond gives me great hope that we will not be disappointed in the end. And if I was wrong or misinformed in ANY way, please respond and set it straight.

After trying out the demo of the MOBA mode at PAX I am pretty excited. Kobold King was a lot of fun, with his insane AOE burst, and I can't wait to see what kind of towers he will have. Although I am thoroughly disappointed by the fact that the squire has pants. I mean true, he doesn't have a shirt, but it's just not the same.

After trying out the demo of the MOBA mode at PAX I am pretty excited. Kobold King was a lot of fun, with his insane AOE burst, and I can't wait to see what kind of towers he will have. Although I am thoroughly disappointed by the fact that the squire has pants. I mean true, he doesn't have a shirt, but it's just not the same.

the squire has pants???????? mega epic fail, this needs a HOT FIX stop all production until this is rectified

^^That. Two developers which I talked to at PAX said they are putting the MOBA is to give you something to do while in the mean time while playing the cooperative campaign, or when you're waiting for the next DLC to come out, etc.

The focus is on both the competitive (MOBA) and the cooperative. I am extremely happy for the "two games in one." :)

I think you could solve the disappointment by giving everybody a beta code. Hey, DOTA 2 did it, and that game's doing fine. Speaking of which, while I'm on the subject, does anyone want a DOTA 2 beta key? I have way too many, and I feel like having them reduces my net monetary value.

I think you could solve the disappointment by giving everybody a beta code. Hey, DOTA 2 did it, and that game's doing fine. Speaking of which, while I'm on the subject, does anyone want a DOTA 2 beta key? I have way too many, and I feel like having them reduces my net monetary value.

Wait, DOTA is in beta? O.o

Wait, DOTA is in beta? O.o

Yes, yes it is. :P

Will have the 'beta' tag on it for atleast another 6 months while they continue porting the heroes from the original into the sequel.

I'm disappointed that the OP spelled disappointed wrong. But that's just 'cause I'm a grammar Nazi. As DD2 goes, how can you be disappointed in something that is still in the early stages of development... mind.. blown..

Edit: Fixed the missing apostrophe, so as to mimic my vernacular, as per Damocles pointing out the error. And come now, I didn't mean to make the post in a mean context.. I was just being flippant. My apologies if it came off wrong.

I'm disappointed that the OP spelled disappointed wrong. But that's just cause I'm a grammar Nazi. As DD2 goes, how can you be disappointed in something that is still in the early stages of development... mind.. blown..
can everyone just stop talking about my spelling i know im not a good speller

I'm disappointed that the OP spelled disappointed wrong. But that's just cause I'm a grammar Nazi.

It's wise to remember that your fellow defenders can be multi-lingual, very young, or both before criticizing anything anyone types.

It's also unwise to criticize anyone's grammar and usage unless yours is perfect; surely someone will nitpick you as readily as you nitpick others.

BTW your usage of the word "cause" is incorrect. Surely you meant "because". 999 times out of 1000 I'd not have bothered to point that out.

i didn't vote actually but i'm disappointed cuz they switch this site for DD2 while they are not even ready to swiych, to be honest .. they should move much faster .. i mean as we see, closed beta is going very very slow until right now we are waiting !!! this is so sucks to be honest .. i think if they are moving like that they will need like a year or more to finish the full game...
that's why this is really sucks!!!!